Do you believe in ghosts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rainy, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ehcca

ehcca MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2014
    I do not believe in ghosts, but spirits.

2. manu198045

manu198045 MDL Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Don't believe in ghosts, but believe in:worthy: GOD

Manu

3. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    No; because I'm not a child, mentally.

4. Deb_Rider

Deb_Rider MDL Senior Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Nope.. I don't believe ghosts. :biggrin:
    But yep I saw them, many times, talked to them, laughed with them.. :p (in my dreams ;) )

5. introvert

introvert MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2011
    nah, no ghost !! hehe

:tea:

6. rami7250

rami7250 MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Yes they exist. But they are not allowed to be visable to humens.
    Demonds as well.

7. mackphx

mackphx MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2013
    "Boo" Did I scare You? :rip:

8. Intotheblue

Intotheblue MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2014
    Maybe they do exist and it would be awkward if you're taking a shower or sleeping naked in your own room.

9. foobarz123

foobarz123 MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2014
    yeah, saw one as a child

10. Knives*

Knives* MDL Member

Sep 21, 2013
    I like this topic so I'll reply.

Being a logical thinker, I believe there's the possibility of ghosts. But anything that anyone claims to exist does not exist until proven to exist with scientific evidence. Even after that, there is no absolute way to prove anything exists even if something is a scientific fact. Like a tree falling in a forest, does it make a sound? No, not unless someone heard it falling. The same can be applied to ghosts. But even if someone sees what they perceive to be a ghost, that is still not complete proof. It could be something that can not be scientifically explained such as some other form of life, or that person's brain doing a misinterpretation, or creating an image in the mind of a ghost. To claim that they're dead humans, dead animals (non-human) or demons is just speculation with no scientific proof and nothing more.

Some people that have died and been brought back to life say that they've seen a heaven, or what they perceive to be a heaven. But a person's brain goes through shock in the first few moments of death, so it could be the way for the brain to cope with a terrible situation before it (the brain) dies. Seeing or experiencing what the brain perceives to be real is not in fact necessarily reality. Just like the life we live in now: It is absolutely impossible, and always will be impossible, for anyone on earth to prove that the things around us exist, including one another. We cannot rely on our senses because they are simply electrical interpretations by our brains. And interpretations are not reliable to say for absolute certain that anything is what it appears to be, or that anything is what it is.

Now going back to ghosts: Apparently there were once 11 dimensions back in the time of dinosaurs, I've heard. Now we're down to having just 4 dimensions (time is the 4th) that we know of. It could be that ghosts are nothing more that fictional interpretations by our brain (e.g. hallucinations), incorrect interpretations by our brains or other forms of life that exist... Possibly in another dimension that may be merging with our own which allows us to see them (that's me speculating). I believe that we only experience with our senses what we need to. If we don't need to see something, we won't see it. But if that object we need to see becomes visible, that means it has some physical properties to it that make it be detected by our senses, such as solid objects or a drastic temperature change (fog can be the cause of this, too).

To conclude: Do ghosts exist? It can't be proven with science yet, and it may never be proven, so technically no, they don't exist. But that isn't to say that one day it could be proven with science that makes it fall into the category of being a scientific fact. Science is such a young subject. Humans have barely scratched the surface. Imagine the discovers humans will make in the next 1,000 years, if we're still around.

11. ismethere

ismethere MDL Senior Member

Apr 7, 2014
    #51 ismethere, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Other than Norton Ghost is Ghostbusterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Mueen Hasan

Mueen Hasan MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2014
    Yes, I believe.

13. Khuzafa

Khuzafa MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2014
    I do. And I badly need a ghost friend :biggrin:

14. Mueen Hasan

Mueen Hasan MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2014
    So, you need a ghost friend. Are you a ghost that need a ghost friend?

15. poiller

poiller MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2012
    Nope. Unless they exist in a way that can't be observed by us.

16. INDUCE

INDUCE MDL Novice

May 12, 2014
    no its all fabrications

17. P.J

P.J MDL ☂

Jul 30, 2009
    #57 P.J, May 26, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
    Wasn't it me? :sith:

We'll need to install an anti-ghost soon :mellow:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. Knives*

Knives* MDL Member

Sep 21, 2013
    #58 Knives*, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017

19. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Ghost Link [powered by the NSA and other spooks]

20. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    To be honest, ...yes! :eek:

I've had some true scary experiences over the last years; The horror... what a nightmare!
    Don't get me started, glad its over!
    :rasta: