Edge crashes importing IE favorites with ftp links

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by laqk, Jun 9, 2016.

1. laqk

laqk MDL Junior Member

Jan 22, 2011
    I wonder if anyone has experienced the same problem. Whenever I try to import IE favorites in edge, the program crashes. Looking at the favorites that were imported successfully, I realized that edge crashed the moment it encountered a link that contained a ftp:// prefix instead of the usual http or https.

This has been happening with every build of Windows 10 since the feature of importing IE favorites has been implemented. If I temporarily remove all the links using the ftp protocol from my favorites and launch importing again, the operation completes successfully.

2. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #2 lobo11, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Quit, hehe, your bumming me out, I'm waiting on Redstone 1, supposed to be better than er ah, well pretty good, anyway you must be doing something wrong, MS could not let us down o_O
    Say something positive, fast, stable, cool, the greatest.:worthy::worthy::worthy:

The one who speaks highly of it is WardocsRevenge:D:D

Just kidding, man :worthy::worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    If Edge wasn't already included in Windows, I suspect that it wouldn't be used by anyone. I don't understand why people, except those forced by their job, would use it. It's obviously not even out of beta. It has no add-ons or extensions to speak of. It's buggy and, to me, useless. The only reason I can see, is that people see the edge icon on the taskbar, click it, and that's their browser. That's just my opinion.

4. laqk

laqk MDL Junior Member

Jan 22, 2011
    For those who're interested (which by the looks of it seems to be noone), the edge favorites import of ftp links problem seems to be partially fixed in the latest Windows 10 build (14361).

Edge no longer crashes when it encounters a bookmark containing an ftp link. However, the link in question is not imported and simply skiped. All other favorites are imported correctly.