Error Code 8000FFFF when trying to update windows (windows 7 64bit)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stigletz, Feb 24, 2019.

1. stigletz

stigletz MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2017
    Thank you guys for your help so far.

I ran the repairs and I found something useful in the prescan.

1,913 Combined Problems were found with the packages files, these files need to be replaced (These mainly only effect installing Windows Updates.)
    │ The SFC (System File Checker) doesn't scan and replace some of these files, so you may need to replace them manually.

│ THESE FILES DO NOT KEEP THE REPAIRS FROM WORKING; YOU MAY STILL RUN THE REPAIRS IN THE PROGRAM.

│ Files Checked & Verified: 3,827

│ Done Scanning Windows Packages Files.(26-Feb-19 1:52:52 AM)"

How do I get the prescan log though?

Say I manage to find the log with all those corrupt files, is there a macro or a script that could help me reinstall those corrupt files in groups?

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #23 Joe C, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    I suppose if something is broken... and it don't work. That would be a good symptom.

You can view the logs by opening the program to the main UI and click on Settings where you'll see a General tab to click on for Log Location.
    That will show you the path to those logs so you can either go to them manually or use the button to open the folder.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stigletz

stigletz MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2017
    All updates have been installed. I ran the pre-scan again and everything looks in order now. All the packages have been fixed. Thanks a lot for your help everyone, especially you, Joe C.
    Please don't just close the thread yet. I have some questions because I intend to slipstream a Windows version just in case things turn awry.

Which Windows is easier to activate: windows 7 ultimate COEM or the regular WIN 7 ultimate? Since I haven't done this in 2 years, I was wondering if there are new preferred activation tools. I also have that USB 3 driver problem when formatting and I’d really love to know the best program to integrate that into the installation files. I'm not sure how I did it 2 years ago.

Does the 2019 office version have a stable activation method or should I just stick with 2016?

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Office 2019 does not run on Windows 7 or 8.

6. stigletz

stigletz MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2017
    Alright, feel free to close the thread. Thanks a lot again!

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009

8. stigletz

stigletz MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2017
    After updating my windows and office with the recent updates, things went well, till a windows defender update showed up 24 hours later. It automatically installed when I've shut down. When I started my PC a few hours later, it just gave me a black screen of death. All my attempts to fix that problem failed and I had to format. I installed the Windows 7 version I have with simplix updates from 2017 and I'm in the process of slipstreaming the latest version. This isn't the first time a windows update caused me this on that machine. Is that common or is there any explanation why this might happen?

9. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Event viewer can give some info. Check for bios update and drivers. Try to boot in safe mode.