Firefox and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lobo11, Jan 18, 2016.

1. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    I know I'm late to the dance, but I like Firefox better than Chrome and way better than Edge:cap::

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Well after playing with it some more, think I'll stick with Chrome until from what it looks like MS is probably going to FORCE us to use Edge:eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    No MS will not force us to use Edge, but I use Chrome. I never did like the way FF was setup, although I did use it extensively until Chrome appeared. When Edge has extensions, and I do think they will support Chrome extensions, I may very well switch to it because it is extremely FAST!

4. nosense

nosense MDL Senior Member

Sep 9, 2013
    My only problem with firefox is how it handles flash(buggy). Chrome for me seems to renders things a bit blurry than firefox\edge and the UI of chrome is ugly and has no customization. Ill stick to firefox, until edge gets ad blocker.

5. lucidus

lucidus MDL Member

Mar 18, 2015
    I use the developer edition for the multi process feature and 64 bit. I don't use flash on ff so it's not a problem. Runs quite fast.

6. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    I uninstalled it so I cannot tell you how I did it, I had problems with Flash too, somewhere on top of tool bar I clicked on a icon and it gave me choice of flash or something else HTML5 or something, that made a big difference getting away from flash.:D

7. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    #7 GOD666, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    I use to be a big Mozilla Firefox fan, but somewhere down the line, I just felt off by it. I'm OK with Google Chrome on Linux, but for Windows I choose Opera Browser, which these days is technically Chrome rebranded, but Opera's little tweaks and their speed dial wins me over.

Edge is not customizable enough and Microsoft has added enough Bing integrated and spying into it that I feel dirty using it just for site debugging. I think it was a really bad mistake for them to release it unfinished and locked down as they have it. Even without the extension, the browser isn't customizable.

Microsoft has no business making browsers because they still do not understand the mentality surrounding browsers. Try removing Bing from Edge and you'll see 1 example.

8. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Try using the 64-bit version. No more crashes and bugs here. And very fast too.

9. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    No, they wont force you, they will just not support ANY other software that isnt from them?. Like the processors thing.

10. rpo

rpo MDL Expert

Jan 3, 2010
    1. MS can't force us to use EDGE : European Union will not allow that.
    2. Flashplayer is embedded with Chrome and IE, but you have to install flashplayer from adobe site.

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Er.....? Since when Microsoft is producing Processors (CPU's)? And AFAIK, Microsoft is using a lot of software which was not developed by them, and same applies for Driver's (which is also simply software)!

That a company is doing support in the first line for their own products, is very normal, not to tell: A MUST! And, that they will only do maybe support for 3.party product's, is just in line with normal business procedures. To tell it with other words: "My own skin is much more near to me than the skin of others!", or would you like to do the works for others and let them get paid for it? I don't think so!

12. gommace

gommace MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2014
    Good reply, pisthai. Congratulations!

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's simply up to myself what I would use, and no one (include Microsoft) could force me to use what I didn't like!

Edge is disabled on all my computers I use with Windows 10, and I'll keep going to use Chrome, doesn't matter what any other person, group, company etc. like to predict! If I think to change anything, I would just do what I want!

But, it's up to any single person/human, what that person would like to chose to use, and nobody would have to power to change that and also not the right to do so!

14. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    I killed edge by blocking it in the firewall. Just change the "allow" to "block" in edge's inbound and outbound rules. That way, if you ever need edge again, just reverse your changes in the firewall. Easy. Also, I love firefox but something is wrong with it nowadays so I mostly use chrome since it works well.