1. Lars220

Lars220 MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2018
  2. nghiabros

nghiabros MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    My FF can't access MDL Forums, I must use GC to access. Does anyone have same issue?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HaggisIV

HaggisIV MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2018
    Very cool and informative post, thanks!
    I'd just like to add my own two cents to a few of the topics discussed here.

Firstly on android if you do have root access, then Adaway is the best ad blocker you can use (host file based). Apart from that I believe firefox is the only mobile browser that lets you use any form of addons, although there are other browsers with adblock built in (lightning browser, brave, etc)

As for Firefox Addons, in addition to the ones you use I also have installed:
    Stylus (writing custom css for sites)
    Tree Style Tabs
    uMatrix
    View Image (brings back 'view image' button on google images)
    Vimium
    Violentmonkey

uMatrix can be a bit tedious for many people, but I'd recommend to at least use uBo in medium mode if not using umatrix.
    I was also under the impression that webRTC can be disabled by setting media.peerconnection.enabled to false in about:config, which eliminates the need for an extension.

As an aside, I see that you've recommended HTTPS everywhere which I currently use, but in the past few months I've seen many people begin to use Smart HTTPS instead (the mozilla article linked earlier in the thread also recommends this). I haven't really been able to figure out any functional difference between the two addons and which one is better, so any help on that would be appreciated!

4. nghiabros

nghiabros MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    What do you mean uBo? My uBlock has no option to select medium mode.
    uMatrix is hard to use for me because I must always set up for websites which I have access at the first.
    Should I use any privacy extensions to block tracking? Example: Ghostery, Privacy Possum or Privacy Badger?
    Seems like they have the same functions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Anemisme

Anemisme MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2018
    Better use Waterfox now ;)

6. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    #50 pf100, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    There's an option to turn off extension recommendations in firefox 65 in Options > Privacy & Security > Firefox Data Collection and Use > Allow Firefox to make personalized extension recommendations.
    It doesn't work. I still get extension recommendations.

7. Anemisme

Anemisme MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2018