Genuine Windows 10 and Office 2019 keeps deactivating, please help.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Skelly89, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Skelly89

Skelly89 MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2019
    So I have Windows 10 Home that has a licence linked to my hotmail email address and I also have Microsoft Office 2019 with a paid licence too.

My Windows keeps deactivating, I click on troubleshoot and then it reactivates my Windows. Then 10 or so minutes later, its deactivated again. I can reactivate it by clicking the troubleshoot again but another 10 minutes later it deactivates.

The same goes with Microsoft Office.

It doesn't seem to remember at all.

I've also used the reset option to bring it all back to the original factory settings and straight away it's doing it all over again.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
  3. Skelly89

Skelly89 MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2019
    I did originally pirate them but I got the errors. I then bought them genuinely thinking it would solve all my problems......and it didn't.

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Did You clean up all previously used pirated versions or simply installed genuine version and key (over) previous without cleaning previous?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    It sounds like you're just trying a bunch of different stuff without studying any of it. No wonder you're having problems.

6. Skelly89

Skelly89 MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2019
    I always had a genuine Windows 10, however when I activated Microsoft office it wiped the activation out. I still have the key for Windows 10 so I just input the key again everytime it deactivates.

I completely uninstalled Office with the tool from Microsoft and also the C2R Force uninstall tool too. Then I reset my machine back to factory settings so it wiped everything. Then installed Office 2019 from Microsoft and input the activation code. So everything is clean.....well I would have assumed so.

7. Skelly89

Skelly89 MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2019
    Trying a bunch of different stuff.... All I did was use the 'Microsoft Office 2013 - 2019 C2R Install' tool. Downloaded office through that, converted Retail to VL and then clicked activated. That's it really. Then the problems happened. After all the problems started happening, I just force uninstalled Office.

I'm not sure if the problems came from my computer having a preinstalled version of 365 on there. Before installing Office 2019...... I completely removed 365.....infact I never even opened the apps.....I just uninstalled the lot.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    I've done something like you did before. I installed some version of office, can't remember which now, and somehow screwed up the activation, so I uninstalled office and tried to install office 2010 and couldn't activate it using a method I know works. All office kms activation wouldn't work anymore and I couldn't fix it. So I finally just installed office 2003 and libreoffice just to get something working. It was my gaming computer which I don't keep backed up and don't use office that much on it so it wasn't a big deal. Luckily my windows activation was still okay. But I didn't study enough what I was doing in the first place which is why I said what I said. The only way to fix it is probably start over and reinstall windows, back it up, then try stuff.

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    For the MS Office Part, I would wait firstly to install and let do first all Update for Windows 10 and also all drivers. That would give the time to see Windows is still activated and working well. Doing an Imaging of the plain Windows 10 Installation and setup, would maybe safe time later on if anything goes wrong. Install all really needed apps before Office and do a 2. Imaging again. After that, install Office and see what will happen, special if you use Office 365 and/or Office 2016/19!

11. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Buddy, the old office activator is overwriting your Windows license every time it runs :D. You'll need to uninstall it else that mad cycle will continue.

12. Skelly89

Skelly89 MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2019
    That's what it looks like but I've restored it back to factory settings and it's still doing it.

13. Skelly89

Skelly89 MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2019
    The problem I have is that the machine I'm using is a Samsung Tab that comes with Windows 10. If I do a clean windows it will wipe all the other drivers from the device. I can imagine that may be a pain to gather those back up (sound drivers, pen driver, touch screen etc).

14. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    When it deactivates, check Settings/Update & Security/Activation page, if it says something about 'can't contact your organizations server' or 'Windows was activated using your organizations server', the old activator still is interferring.

15. new alive

new alive MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2019
    Best option is to reinstall windows and office afresh. It is not hard to get the drivers. Windows itself installs most of the drivers and rest you can get from device manufacturer site.

16. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    It does look like a different activator is trying to connect to a different server than Microsoft's activation server. Check your firewall settings and enable the Microsoft servers to connect. You'll be best off to tell us what the other pirate software was that you used so it can be removed

17. Skelly89

Skelly89 MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2019
    I will have a look at the firewall for the Microsoft Servers. I believe the only other tool I used was Microsoft Toolkit.

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Can you check (i)nsane, i have deja vu all over the place;)

19. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Talk about overkill!..

Delete tokens.dat (may have to be from WinPE - it will be auto recreated ) then enter the genuine stuff... does Reset not do this?