Group Policy Editor to disable as much telemetry as possible

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Tomatot, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Tomatot

Tomatot MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2017
    Hello everyone

I'm currently on a quest to disable as much telemetry as possible.

1) In the past, I was using utilities such as O&O Shutup10++ or W10Privacy. However, I'm not entirely satisfied for them.
    • These tools are convenient but not open source. I trust them but it's not ideal.
    • It's really hard to track what they're actually doing.
    • They're not updated very often, which leads to my following grief.
    • Lots of settings are outdated, and simply don't work. Since most of the time, it involves regedits, I think it's quite a problem and it can impact stability.
    2) The settings app doesn't include all relevant options. It's also a PITA to go through it everytime I do a clean install. Settings are sometimes reset when there are big Windows updates. This solution isn't satisfying at all for me.

3) So I figured it out the best way to deal with it was to use GPE (Group Policy Editor). I've already read many articles, threads, to find most relevant settings. Since I'm a new member, I can't post links, but you'll be able to find my list on Github, my username is tom4tot and my repository is pinned (Windows-11-Personal-Setup)

I have a few comments:
    • First of all, feel free to use it for yourself, that's why I created a repository!
    • What do you think of my approach? As you can read on my page, it's extremely easy to backup/restore group policies, and it seems to be a clean way to deal with telemetry and Windows Settings in general (that you want to keep permanent).
    • If you've already done something similar, I'd appreciate if you could point out what policies I could have missed and that are obviously relevant.
    Thanks for your time!

Tomatot

2. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    It's it gp but aveyo build script based on Microsoft telemetry settings
    It cover lot of registery settings ( based on Ms article)
    I do use it on my own computer
    You have also tasks the you can remove
    And appx files you can remove
    It's a start

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  4. scaramonga

scaramonga MDL Senior Member

Oct 27, 2012
    #4 scaramonga, Oct 20, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    Wasting your time, if your connected, and wish to update ;) Here is where I stand:

Well out of date, lol, but functional, and not had an update in years ;) Great for gaming :) I boot from Ventoy with various Linux/Chrome etc Distro's for every day browsing.

Attached Files: