How To Completely Remove Windows Security On Windows 11

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Hadron-Curious, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I am having an issue of slow transferring or extracting files on Windows 11 due to Windows Security using my system resources to scan files being transferred or extracted thereby slowing down the processes and as well putting so much pressure on the system CPU.

Does anybody have a solution on how to completely remove Windows Security from Windows 11?

NB: I am not looking to disable it or use a different anti-virus, security software, etc.

Thank you.

2. #2 Deleted member 1385001, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2021
    @zucrin a Pro at MDL have perfect solution for it via batch script for online w11 operating system.
    For offline wim index to remove sechealthui + full defender pl use msmg toolkit.
    or
    for removal at time of installation of w11 pl use method as described by abbodi1406 "Expert at MDL" somewhere at msmg toolkit many years ago.

Edit :
    Found it Thanks to @drew84 for the link to abbodi1406 workarround-
    Solved - How to remove Get Started ?

3. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    It makes system to be unstable after trying your recommended methods.

Thank you.

4. Most Welcome as Your System Becomes Unstable after either using MSMG Toolkit or Abbodi1406 Workarround via bat script call via specialize - runsynchronous command.

5. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    ... alternatively you could use Exclusions to stop Defender from poking its nose into areas that you have already deemed to be safe
    ie. in my case Defender is set to scan Downloads Folder, System Drive and UNtrusted external drives... everything else is excluded.

6. Boss is it for me or for OP of this thread.

7. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    OP... definately not intended for you, already know you hate Defender with a vengence :D

8. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    #8 Dark Dinosaur, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Remove defender and still alive and kicking :cool:
    But @BAU always tell me not do do it
    So do what you like, it's a free country
    There is lot of toggle defender tools
    Or you can use my version of remove defender
    It's combination of 3 scripts with little adding from my side
    Defender will gone forever. Included service and folders.
    Most destructive script you will ever see
    It also remove the new version of defender

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. laceychabertsi1

laceychabertsi1 MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2021

Use the following methods:

Open Windows Security and Disable Tamper protection and other things. Then boot into Safe mode.

Open regedit -> Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender
    Right Click this Key -> Permissions -> Advanced -> Change Owner to your Windows Login account -> Tick Replace container objects permission -> Apply
    In the normal Security Tab -> Add the current logged in user and give that user FULL CONTROL Permissions
    Remove full control from all other users
    In the above registry key add two REG_DWORD , DisableAntiVirus and DisableAntiSpyware and set the value of both the keys as 1

To remove Windows Security Health Service, do the following

Go to this key in registry in safe mode -> HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Services\SecurityHeathService,
    Perform the permission change as above
    Set the following values to the keys:

start value from 2 to 4
    servicesidtype from 1 to 0
    error control from 1 to 0
    rename failureaction to failureactions.backup
    launchprotected from 2 to 0
    rename subkey Security to Security.backup

Viola, Windows defender disabled fully and it doesnt affect the updatability of ur system.