[HOW-TO/DISCUSSION] Microsoft Office Visual Refresh

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Dark Dinosaur, Sep 21, 2021.

1. alpha2beta

alpha2beta MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2015
    Experimenting, the v2 works but version v3 does not for me.

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Microsoft 365 Enterprise / KMS_VL_ALL activated on Windows 10 21H2 x64 Education

Visual Refresh [Retail] 365 Edition With Block KEYS.cmd
    Visual Refresh UI [New].reg

Which one to use? that's the question.

3. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    Visual Refresh UI [New].reg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Could you make another reg file to undo all changes made? TIA

5. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    [-location]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp MDL Addicted

Jan 19, 2017
    Good News... Dogfood version 2208 build 15508.20000 has fixed (Windows 22H2 Excel Mica problem). Microsoft reads MDL forums?

Preview Tool bar bug is also partially fixed. The preview toolbar opens and collapses correctly. But this toggling causes quickaccess toolbar to bug out. Shows blank. Hopefully we will get that fixed soon.

Just use my V3 reg file to enable everything. Opening and closing office apps 3-4 times before running the reg tweak is recommended.

7. PolidelticusFire

PolidelticusFire MDL Addicted

May 7, 2020
    Is this new build for M365 only? Not seeing it here on Office 2021 on Beta Channel.

8. d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp MDL Addicted

Jan 19, 2017
  9. d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp MDL Addicted

Jan 19, 2017
    Actually it’s not needed. After you run the reg, open the app 2 times for Preview Toolbar option to show up. You have to enable it manually.

10. Metalollie

Metalollie MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2013
    Hi.

I think this describes an issue I’ve been trying to solve. If someone could kindly take a look at my post https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/office-is-different-on-my-two-machines.85742/#post-1750248 and advise, I’d be very grateful. I want both machines to look the same, not least for the proper all black theme, as opposed to the “grey black” theme my laptop has. My desktop seems to have updated with the new interface and looks very nice.. however I’ve definitely done nothing with a “mondo” install, as I’ve never heard of it! It *may* be possible that I’ve run the C2R (?) key on one of the machines, but I couldn’t swear to it. I’ve run cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus and both machines show that they are volume licensed.

Any advice gratefully recieved. Thanks!

11. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    Read OP. Try "Visual Refresh UI [New].zip" or "Visual Refresh [Retail] LTSC Edition With Block KEYS.zip".

12. Metalollie

Metalollie MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2013
    Thanks.. What is the difference between the two, and what are block keys please? Thanks for you patience!

13. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    OP = Original Poster ~ open post. Read the first message, archives attached below.
    Block KEYS - Blocked so that Office does not change the settings, otherwise inaccessible features are lost. Somewhere in the topic it was mentioned. You can open the contents of the archives in notepad and compare the scripts.

14. Metalollie

Metalollie MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2013
    Seems to have worked perfectly, thank you! I’m still a little unsure on the block keys.. what are the otherwise inaccessible features? This is quite new to me! Thanks for your help.. it’s genuinely appreciated.

15. Metalollie

Metalollie MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2013
    I’ve got the update working ok, but on my laptop, black still isn’t black.. it’s more of a dark grey, and dark grey is a lighter grey. My desktop has a true black theme. Any ideas? Thanks!

16. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    #298 Dark Dinosaur, Aug 13, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    (OP)
    will try to be accurate, hope not wrong
    it's a feature that available if you have Professional* Mondo* license.
    maybe they change it now ? don't know
    depend on license you have more / less option's
    but as Dolmatov remind you, script install retail* license (not volume!)
    and retail license have limited time, and after that, some feature become un-available.
    the rest …. history

17. Metalollie

Metalollie MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2013
    I definitely don’t have Mondo on my desktop.. I’ve checked the licence and it’s 2021 Pro Plus LTSC. It doesn’t seem to have lost features that I’m aware of. I’d just like the machines to match.. it’s an OCD thing!

18. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    #300 Dark Dinosaur, Aug 13, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    (OP)
    you referring 'mondo' as a application, but it's actually a license.
    you can install 'mondo' license Or 'ProPlus' license .. etc. ..
    it mostly been used when you need to activate 365* products … etc. … (mondo -volume- license)
    or like this situation, achieve a feature (mondo -retail- license)
    Code:
    Office 2016 Mondo is a pre-release version normally issued to selected  technical professionals to provide Microsoft with a source of informed bug reports and highlight compatibility problems with existing software.
    Normally, Mondo releases are set to expire after a designated interval and are not available for general distribution.