[HOW-TO/SUPPORT/CHAT] OFFICE C2R Download/Install/Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by s1ave77, Jul 19, 2015.

1. TinKode

TinKode MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2013
    There's this unusual thing that's been happening for some time, when running either OfficeRTool. Now I'm using the 2020Jun12 beta. I've been using this tool for a while now, but never found out what's up with this.

I run either OfficeRTool (check for new releases) or the other one, and the cmd would simply close after 0.2 seconds. As admin or by double clicking. If I first open a cmd in the folder and then run it, I can see clearly that the only thing that it does is displaying:

Requesting Administrative Privileges...
    Press YES in UAC Prompt to Continue

And now on a freshly installed Windows also. Searched around the web and found a reddit thread where it was believed to be an issue with the path variable. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: on Windows 10 20H1, trying to convert & activate my TechBench Office 365

2. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2018
    @TinKode Make sure you are running the script from a simple path, i.e. "D:\Folder".
    Check if your path contains any of these characters,
    Code:
    ` ~ ; ' , ! @ % ^ & ( ) [ ] { } + =

3. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    #4004 ratzlefatz, Aug 1, 2020 at 17:20
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 17:30
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TinKode

TinKode MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2013
    #4005 TinKode, Aug 2, 2020 at 14:05
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 17:20
    ratzlefatz
    - It's a clean installation Windows 10 Home x64, no "organization" settings showing and didn't set up anything special;
    - I installed the latest available .img for Office 365 on TechBench;
    - I used OfficeRTool Version 2020/June/12 the second day after and with anything I would do to run the tool, the cmd window closed almost instantly - This has been happening to me for quite some months now, on another pc too. Those other times, I used a different tool to convert and then KMSpiko to activate;
    - No other Antivirus software besides Defender and I try to keep the list of running programs is pretty slim as it's a gaming pc.

I was able to finally run it with the steps I mentioned in the previous comment and I believe the Defender exclusion issue also has something to do with the path variable.
    The only program that I installed that asked to add to path was Visual Studio Code, it added its bin folder to the user path variable, and there are some nvidia stuff paths into the system path.

5. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    @TinKode :
    Thanks for the detailed report. I will come back to you as soon as possible.
    But I need to create a identical test environment and check.
    This will take some time...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. maxama123

maxama123 MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Shut down any firewall like Comodo, avg Tuneup software, anti virus, any applications like malwarebytes and any other utility that could prevent OfficeRTool from working. You should also check Windows firewall isn't preventing this app from working.

No issues with OfficeRTool on my machine. Works flawlessly 100%.