[HOW-TO/SUPPORT/CHAT] OFFICE C2R Download/Install/Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by s1ave77, Jul 19, 2015.

1. TinKode

TinKode MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2013
    There's this unusual thing that's been happening for some time, when running either OfficeRTool. Now I'm using the 2020Jun12 beta. I've been using this tool for a while now, but never found out what's up with this.

I run either OfficeRTool (check for new releases) or the other one, and the cmd would simply close after 0.2 seconds. As admin or by double clicking. If I first open a cmd in the folder and then run it, I can see clearly that the only thing that it does is displaying:

Requesting Administrative Privileges...
    Press YES in UAC Prompt to Continue

And now on a freshly installed Windows also. Searched around the web and found a reddit thread where it was believed to be an issue with the path variable. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: on Windows 10 20H1, trying to convert & activate my TechBench Office 365

2. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
    @TinKode Make sure you are running the script from a simple path, i.e. "D:\Folder".
    Check if your path contains any of these characters,
    Code:
    ` ~ ; ' , ! @ % ^ & ( ) [ ] { } + =

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    #4004 ratzlefatz, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TinKode

TinKode MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2013
    #4005 TinKode, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    ratzlefatz
    - It's a clean installation Windows 10 Home x64, no "organization" settings showing and didn't set up anything special;
    - I installed the latest available .img for Office 365 on TechBench;
    - I used OfficeRTool Version 2020/June/12 the second day after and with anything I would do to run the tool, the cmd window closed almost instantly - This has been happening to me for quite some months now, on another pc too. Those other times, I used a different tool to convert and then KMSpiko to activate;
    - No other Antivirus software besides Defender and I try to keep the list of running programs is pretty slim as it's a gaming pc.

I was able to finally run it with the steps I mentioned in the previous comment and I believe the Defender exclusion issue also has something to do with the path variable.
    The only program that I installed that asked to add to path was Visual Studio Code, it added its bin folder to the user path variable, and there are some nvidia stuff paths into the system path.

5. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    @TinKode :
    Thanks for the detailed report. I will come back to you as soon as possible.
    But I need to create a identical test environment and check.
    This will take some time...

6. maxama123

maxama123 MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Shut down any firewall like Comodo, avg Tuneup software, anti virus, any applications like malwarebytes and any other utility that could prevent OfficeRTool from working. You should also check Windows firewall isn't preventing this app from working.

No issues with OfficeRTool on my machine. Works flawlessly 100%.

7. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
  8. Donex7

Donex7 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2020
    This OfficeRTool2020 successfully activated my copy of office2019 which the previous one (2018 version) failed.

9. l33tissw00t

l33tissw00t MDL Addicted

Dec 6, 2012
    I was just wondering, any specific reason you don't add UWP to this? ratzlefatz has it in his OfficeRTool, so I'm curious why you didn't implement it. I do see that the lookup is a bit different then you do for the other versions (looking for msosync, and then looping thru the reg paths for each app, and install ProPlus 2016 xrm-ms).

Thanks for all your work!!

10. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    @l33tissw00t :
    There's no more need for UWP support. Since 2018 Microsoft has stopped UWP-Office feature development.
    I doubt they will put any new efforts on this dead horse.

11. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    It does not worth it :biggrin:
    not to mention that UWP registry is a bit different to handle

it's best and easier to remove UWP and install regular C2R

12. l33tissw00t

l33tissw00t MDL Addicted

Dec 6, 2012
    I also never saw purpose in using UWP, but there was a recent discussion about it in a tech group, so that's why I asked it.

:thumbsup:

13. dinjo

dinjo MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2015
    @ratzlefatz - Can you try and implement download via curl wget single thread is really slow for download

14. billbobjune

billbobjune MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2016
    I've used a number of different activation methods provided here over the last 5 years for 16 & 19 ProPlus with success. I've always installed the primary desktop apps and have excluded those that are part of or are connected primarily to the cloud services.

I have just installed a 365 package in order to start using OneDrive, Teams, Skype for business as well.

My question: Are the activation methods applicable to the cloud services for these apps? I'm being asked to login to an account. I have my windows account signed in with other Office apps, but don't have that account tied to an enterprise license. Do I need a separate account? Am I missing something? Are these apps and related cloud services just not available without a paid enterprise account regardless of activation method?

Thanks much

15. Joteet

Joteet MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2020
    I have to say that disabling office 2019 telemetry is no longer working. @ratzlefatz

16. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #4017 ratzlefatz, Aug 15, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    I've put it on my evaluation-feature-list to test.

Please more details (such as Windows-/Office-version).
    What exactly does not work? What steps are needed to
    reproduce the error? How to check for error results?

17. Qu1goN

Qu1goN MDL Junior Member

Apr 1, 2020
    I have integrated the Office installation into my Windows - with the "YAOCTRIR_Installer.cmd" and the "C2RR_Config ...... ini". It works, but the CMD window opens (see picture).
    Is it possible to start this CMD window minimized or even better, that it cannot be seen?

Attached Files:

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Can you show the content of the ini?

19. Qu1goN

Qu1goN MDL Junior Member

Apr 1, 2020
    Code:
    [configuration]
    SourcePath="C:\Users\qu1go\Desktop\Neuer Ordner"
    Type=Local