[HOW-TO/SUPPORT/CHAT] OFFICE C2R Download/Install/Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by s1ave77, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Thomas Dubreuil

Thomas Dubreuil MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2017
    I used YAOCTRIR (YAOCTRI installs 2019 only).
    I thought the same, but message displayed after entering the key was clearly like "this key is for pro+ 2016 Volume License that is not installed on this computer, contact your administrator etc."
    And same with VLSC ISO...Seems logical either one would have activated right away (without running R2V), or not seeing "the key you entered is for 2016 Volume License that is not on this computer...." in both scenario
    I'm not yet sure what makes one would be converted from 2016Retail to 2019VL, while VLSC is converted from 2016R to 2016 VL
    Anyway only scenaro with activation working was installing from VLSC iso + running R2VL
    Add to that stucked installers, long day...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    #4102 abbodi1406, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    @Thomas Dubreuil
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/posts/1607939/

your VLSC ISO is actually an old C2R Retail ISO
    it does not contain 2019 licenses, thus it's converted to 2016 VL

VLSC ISO is MSI only

MS has some sort of schizophrenia
    it's labeled RETAIL(MAK) channel, yet it's available only with Volume licenses

3. Thomas Dubreuil

Thomas Dubreuil MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2017
    #4103 Thomas Dubreuil, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Thanks a lot !
    So basically I only need one source + the 3 configurator scripts (R/VL/2016) to cover the different scenarios, great.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. slippery_gypsy

slippery_gypsy MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2020

You my friend are an absolute legend!

5. tokebuzz

tokebuzz MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2020
    Hi All,

Just having issues installing 2016 to windows 7.

Keeps coming up with

Have all AV / firewall disabled.
    Have managed to install 2019 to my Windows 10 machine no issues there.

In chrome I seem to be able to download directly from ms.

Any help would be great, cheers.

6. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    "disabling" sometimes does not completely stop AV/FW from protecting.
    What AV/FW products do you use?
    What's the difference between Win7/Win10 PC? Other AV/FW installed?
    I bet, Chrome is in AV's trusted apps list. Add exclusions for
    OfficeRTool in AV and it will work. What to exclude look here:
    -> https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...install-activation.62571/page-85#post-1388919.

7. OffC2R

OffC2R MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2020
    Hello everyone, I installed office 2019 proplus but I have a problem with removing extra c2r license files.
    in CMD, I can list these licenses with 'wmic path SoftwareLicensingProduct' and filter it by a 'where' statement but how can I remove these useless license files? I have already uninstalled 'Grace' product keys though.
    I can only use signed executables in this envirnment.
    So how can I remove a license file, with CMD or any other Microsoft tool, without unistalling office?

8. Krakatoa

Krakatoa MDL Addicted

Feb 22, 2011
    slmgr /upk [id]

9. OffC2R

OffC2R MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2020
    Thanks @Krakatoa but this only removes the product key. OK, let me explain more. suppose I have this license file listed in 'cscript slmgr /dlv All' :

Name: Office 19, Office19ProPlus2019R_OEM_Perp edition
    Description: Office 19, RETAIL channel
    Activation ID: 447effdd-0073-4716-99f3-32ef2e155766
    Application ID: 0ff1ce15-a989-479d-af46-f275c6370663
    Extended PID:
    Product Key Channel:
    Installation ID:
    Use License URL: activation.sls.microsoft.com...
    Validation URL: go.microsoft.com...
    This license is not in use.
    License Status: Unlicensed
    Remaining App rearm count: 3
    Remaining SKU rearm count: -1

I want to completely remove it from the list. the 'cscript slmgr /upk 447effdd-0073-4716-99f3-32ef2e155766' command only uninstall the product key. I've already done that.
    recently I had a conflicting licence file issue which I don't want to happen again (it took several hours of troubleshooting with MS Support)
    I have to do it with Microsoft tools (or any other signed executable) thanks in advance!

10. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
  11. tokebuzz

tokebuzz MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2020

AV completely off as in I completely ended up uninstalling them.
    However working today.... haven't really changed anything... perhaps I hadn't rebooted after uninstall... was only mentioning the other PC as in.. connections are reaching the site.

I guess the old turn it off and on again... somehow fixed something.

Either way, thank you for taking the time to answer.

12. OffC2R

OffC2R MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2020
    Thank you, I'll try it. from the looks of it, cleanospp.exe is not signed. anyway, may I ask you a question:
    What does the /U or /C switch do in "\root\integration\integrator.exe" ? I know we can install license files with "integrator.exe /I" switch but can this tool remove them too? Is there any kind of documentation for it?
    thanks in advance

13. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
  14. abhishekhimachal

abhishekhimachal MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2020
    #4114 abhishekhimachal, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    SOLVED ! I opened the apps before starting KMS activation. Worked second time. [HELP needed ! So using OfficeRTool2020June12.7z, I successfully installed Office 365 Apps for Business, Project 2019 and Visio 2019. UNFORTUNATELY, my 365 Apps for business are not activated BUT the Project and Visio are activated. I did everything as mentioned in .pdf]

15. Tafom

Tafom MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2020
    Crossposting before I have to leave this computer behind again and pursue worse methods for intalling:
    Been getting a really bizarre problem. Had a laptop I started the process of using KMS and OfficeRTools on in case of emergencies, but due to travelling I had to leave it behind. Only had time, then, to download all the necessary files (still have all the 3Gb of selected Office tools I decided to install in my C: root folder), but couldn't just risk leaving the program behind running with the laptop plugged for weeks or months as the only thing turned on in my house. Well, now I'm back, and even without activated firewalls, antiviruses the weirdest thing I've ever seen in a cmd program is happening. Every time I open it something different happens and all of them disallow me from proggressing past the main menu, even the CLOSE (E) function.
    Sometimes officertools.cmd (both the new release check and the one without it) when opened vary in response to just opening cmd.exe and doing nothing else besides that Sometimes it gets to run the script, as the command prompt turns blue, but nothing else happens, and finally, sometimes the main menu of the script will run to completion, ask for my choice, to which I type in only to see the letter show up and... nothing. Nothing happens after that, not in a minute, not in an hour of the script "running"
    What the hell is causing this? I'm finally in need of the extra notebook and I'm now regretting not leaving this thing frying for months on its charger, at least it worked then.

16. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #4116 ratzlefatz, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    @Tafom :
    Strange behaviour. Never faced this before.

Just some tips:
    - read post #4 and #5 on first page of this thread
    - try to fully disable your security programs (Antivirus/Firewall) and try again.
    - if this works, then create exclusion rules in AV to prevent AV from stopping OfficeRTool

17. DJKR

DJKR MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2015
    #4117 DJKR, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Firstly would like to say a big thank you for this great tool. I have used and installed office using this tool many times with no issue. This evening I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 2004. However once I have downloaded a local copy of the setup files using the tool and select either a Click to run or Setup install, the shell window opens up and just stalls at "Stopping services "ClickToRunSvc" and "Windows Search"..." and does not move any further. I see an officesetup.txt file in the temp folder which the content of the file is

Code:
    i640.cab
    i641033.cab
    I can see it is trying to stop the WSEARCH service, however running a manual query of it shows that it is still running

Code:
    D:\WINDOWS\system32>sc query "WSearch"

SERVICE_NAME: WSearch
            TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
            STATE              : 4  RUNNING
                                    (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
            WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
            SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
            CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
            WAIT_HINT          : 0x0

D:\WINDOWS\system32>
    I have tried to disable it manually and start the installer again and it still does not proceed any further. Also have checked and there is no Click to run service installed.

If I leave it long enough I get this error

Code:
    Stopping services "ClickToRunSvc" and "Windows Search"...
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    Not enough memory resources are available to process this command.
    I have disabled AV and Windows Firewall.

Maybe the issue is because the path is hardcoded in the batch file produced, causing a loop i there is windows installed on 2 different drives i.e. C and D and I am trying to install on D

maybe the below should be
    Code:
    if exist "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun\OfficeClickToRun.exe" goto:InstallerDelete >nul 2>&1

changed to

Code:
    if exist "%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun\OfficeClickToRun.exe" goto:InstallerDelete >nul 2>&1

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

18. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    @DJKR :
    Thanks for reporting the hardcoded path (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\)
    in startsetup.cmd. Your suggested "system variable" (%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\)
    setup will be added to next OfficeRTool release.

Regarding to your error-report I tried to reproduce your error using Win10 2004 19041.542
    and Win10 Insider 20236.1000.

Test environment in each case:
    2 harddrives C / D where Windows was installed on C AND on D (in a second test).
    Antivirus software was fully disabled during install(extraction) from OfficeRTool-7z-archive.

Antivirus = first run with MS-Defender, later Kaspersky Endpoint Security (separate test):
    No problems during install. Neither ODT-setup nor OfficeClick2Run-setup. Everything works.

Defender/Kaspersky and Firewall were activated/fully functional, but exclusion list was set
    in Kaspersky before running OfficeRTool.

During tests before installing new Office, the old Office instance was fully wiped by using
    aboddi1406's -> OfficeScrubber.

SUGGESTIONS:
    - "scrub Office" before the next install attempt!
    - If you are using other security-software than MS-Defender be sure to add exclusion list to it.

19. Stevey Diollcephr

Stevey Diollcephr MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2020
    Anyone know whats up with the obfuscated code in Abbodi's volume license converter or how to get the source for those parts from compressed2txt? Trying to troubleshoot/hack together a WINE workaround on linux.
    I guess I can't post links yet, but I'm referring to the KMS_VL_ALL_AIO.cmd on his github starting at line 3158 at the :x86dll: hook.