[HOW-TO/SUPPORT/CHAT] OFFICE C2R Download/Install/Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by s1ave77, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Krakatoa

Krakatoa MDL Addicted

Feb 22, 2011
    I wrote "MAK is better key" :)

2. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    It should be so.
    In the first days after the launch of testing and activation, there was no activation request, then it informed about the need to activate by phone or via the Internet. Otherwise, it does not confirm the authenticity and I was told that there are 22 days to resolve the issue with activation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Krakatoa

Krakatoa MDL Addicted

Feb 22, 2011
    ?
    The generic Office 2021 Preview VL_MAK key is activated online against the Microsoft activation server.
    Info:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/posts/1656439/

4. BartHD

BartHD MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    VL and MAK key for preview expiration in january 2022.
    The generic preview MAK key is activated by the MS server.
    No need to use KMS until January 2022.

This should be marked in big letters and in red, because if you can use this till january 2022, than most people can try this so far. No problems with geniue pop ups and so.

5. Tazgrump2

Tazgrump2 MDL Junior Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Well, MAS 1.4 activates ARM preview, eval watermark remains and timeout date still shows in Winver. Tried the following, as I initially could not figure out how to use Yaoctru and Yaoctri properly. I figured out how to download the URL for the 2019 Perpetual Vol but could not proceed, so I used Office R Tool to download the Office file and copied that file to the Virtual ARM. Yaoctri could not install in this format or I could not figure out how to do this properly. Then I tried using Office Tool Plus but it required .NET to run. I downloaded and it installed, But OTP does not recognize the .NET is installed or, .NET is not functional under ARM Win 10. SOOO, then I figured how to get Yaoctru to start the download for the MS server of Office 2019 Volume (very similar to OfficeRTool download), and once completed I used Yaoctri to install. The installer completed I closed the installer and used KMS_VL_ALL to activate which was successful. (It noted that Win 10 ARM was permanently activated, and did its thing with Office) No need for C2R-Retail2Volume as the originating download was already Volume. However, when attempting to open any Office application, all I get is the spinning "circle of death" until it disappears. Nothing opens. Nothing in Task Manager. Should I scrub and reinstall? I did not remove the preinstalled Office that comes with the Arm preview, but I did check it and it opened online before I uninstalled it for a future reinstall attempt. I installed 64 bit Office not 32 bit. Any Ideas as to why they will not open? Maybe use 2016 instead of 2019?

6. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Tazgrump2

Dec 7, 2013
    Scrubbed with 5r, downloaded Perpetual 32bit Volume, installed full suite minus Access, with Project and Visio, closed installer, activated with KMS_VL_ALL, this is what occurs now when I open Word or any other Office App:
    Any idea why the apps fail to open?
    upload_2021-5-7_7-7-25.jpeg

Here is the screenprint of the install folder:
    upload_2021-5-7_6-58-22.jpeg
    And Status of Activation:
    upload_2021-5-7_7-3-54.jpeg

8. Tazgrump2

Dec 7, 2013

9. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018
    @Tazgrump2

Just want to confirm that x86 version of the Office 2016 MSI version and x86 Office C2R version (2016, O365, 2019) worked fine on Windows 10 ARM64.
    As mentioned before, the latest Windows insider builds which have support for x64 bit emulation, the Office x64 version doesn't work on it. Only x86 Office works on all builds.

Maybe you need to set up Windows fresh again to try.

10. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018
  11. Tazgrump2

Dec 7, 2013
    The 2016 32bit MSI I used has worked previously multiple times on 32 bit installs of Windows 10. It was an iso that I used 7zip to uncompress to an install folder. The original iso will not mount using the mount function
    in the ARM insider version of Windows 10 installed in Parallels VM, it says it cannot mount the iso. The install started and went 3/4 of the way through the install bar and then it backed out on its own and said it could complete the install. It left a portion of the install in the VM and did not show anything in programs and features. When I then tried to install the download from YAOTRU which completed it would not activate because of the leftovers from the 2016 MSI so I scrubbed it all reinstalled and it activated but the apps will not open! I will try after another complete scrub and use an ISO from the download links above, but I have a feeling it will not mount. So it will need to be uncompressed on another machine and brought over with a flash drive. 7zip does not function in the ARM version I have installed. There is no 7zip contextual menu after installing. I tried it. The built-in uncompression tool will not uncompress an ISO.

12. Tazgrump2

Dec 7, 2013
    I am confirming I used an X86 version of Office 2019 Perpetual as the base install which completes the install flawlessly but the apps will not open, Word, Excel ETC.
    I will report back after trying a new ISO, as noted above, after scrubbing again for the 6th time.

13. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018
  14. Tazgrump2

Dec 7, 2013
  15. Tazgrump2

Dec 7, 2013
  16. mazzinia

mazzinia MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2011
    Hello,

I may need some troubleshooting.
    i've office 2019 installed ( c2r) since one year. Today I got "action needed. your license is not genuine blablabla". Activation was still ok for >100 days. I've tried to reactivate with OfficeRTool (2018 version) but it failed. i've tried with ms toolkit and it shown reactivated without issues but the warning stays. I've rearmed, same. (tried also to reconvert to volume, too)
    Suggestions ? ( should I ignore it or ? ) The volume key is obviously from the 2018 version of officeRtool (side note, the download links for the 2020 version are ko)