[Not working anymore] How to upgrade from W7/8.1 without going through the complete upgrade process

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Yen, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macka

Macka MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2011
    Hi Yen,

I started off with Win7 Ultimate (SP1) 64-bit, which was activated by Daz' Loader.
    I validated it, and windows told me that I was using genuine software.
    I used the Microsoft MediaCreationTool to download Windows10 Pro and put it onto my USB stick.
    The ticket is still at that exact location.
    Yes, I was offline, copied the ticket into the location, rebooted, then went online.

2. Macka

Macka MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2011
    And also, never put in a key - always skipped

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    AFAIK the ticket vanishes after activation from its location.
    Try: reboot again while being online
    Open cmd as admin and type slmgr -ato >hit enter<
    check activation..

alternative if its not working
    reboot again while being OFFLINE

Open cmd as admin and type net stop clipsvc >hit enter<
    check if the ticket is still there, if not copy it again
    Open cmd as admin and type net start clipsvc >hit enter<
    connect online.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Macka

Macka MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2011
    I have tried both things you recommend.
    The first one gives this error (from the cmd screen):
    "Activating Windows(R), Professional edition
    (some product key here)...
    Error: 0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked"

The second one also doesn't result in activation for me.

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #45 Yen, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    (OP)
    Hmmm. TBH I don't know what's wrong here.
    Is it your first upgrade you are trying at this device, or have you tried it before already? You haven't changed any hardware?
    Upgrading from OEM should let pass all generic OEM_SLP keys, actually...and it reported genuine you've said.
    I don't know if there are detailed OEM checks against the loader collecting OEM info. For instance using the OEM that fits to the brand of the machine at the loader.

I think you have no other choice than to start from beginning creating a fresh ticket since I assume w10 doesn't like it for some reason. The method itself is reported to work several times already.

Sorry I don't have another idea...people rarely had issues also while going for the 'common' upgrade process and it is still unclear why...

To reinstall w10 only would also be an option, but don't know if it's worth the efforts...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    #46 ZaForD, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    Is it a W8.x PC ???

I've a table that came with W8.1 /w Bing and nothing will let it activate W10 Pro.
    I think it most be the key in the BIOS that's messing things up.

7. Macka

Macka MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2011
    Yen,

Thank you very much for your responses.
    I have now done the following:

Fresh install of Win7 Ultimate
    Activated using Daz loader.
    Have not connected to internet at all or validated.
    UPGRADED to Win10 Pro (keeping all Win7 files and settings)
    Now connected to internet.

Expected my Win10 to be activated (as it was a simple upgrade from an activated Win7 OS), but it was not!

Did I need to connect my activated Win7 to the internet and validate maybe?

8. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    before you generate the ticket, you need to validate your windows 7 installation.. otherwise your win 10 will not activate because the ticked generated from previous windows 7 had not the informations about activation status:passed.

9. esemef

esemef MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2013
    #49 esemef, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
    Me too, but I did go through an upgrade to Windows 10 Home first and I think that might be what is upsetting it. If you went 8.1 bing to Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro and it didn't work then it probably is the 8.1 key in the BIOS.

I don't know if any of the options in Daz loader can hide the 8.1 key, that is one of my next tests.

10. hack

hack MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    #50 hack, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  11. spkleader

spkleader MDL Senior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    GenuineTicketGenerator.exe in 3.. 2.. 1..
    That would be great :worthy:

12. mabaega

mabaega MDL Senior Member

Dec 30, 2010
    have u check your driver?
    u need install all driver as in Windows 7.
    copy ticket and reboot..

it happen to me.. and fixed after installing driver on my win10 system.

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  14. mabaega

mabaega MDL Senior Member

Dec 30, 2010
    I did test on 2 notebook m305,
    1st time restart > genuine tickect gone > windows not activated (... key blocked...)
    - online Update windows 10, and got all Driver installed (VGA driver)
    - recopy ticket and restart
    - Windows activated.

it's why I feel Drivers affect on HWID :g:

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #55 Yen, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    (OP)
    To gather HWID info drivers might be used/needed to get them at all. If one is missing on w10 / result to other HW info activation fails...
    So yes, it can have an effect on it. Curious what macka reports....

The issues must have something to do with differences/details which are usually not posted..the method works we know, so something must be different there where it's not working....maybe drivers...why not.... :)

16. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    does anyone have figure out the string from the ticket generated by the exe from windows 10 iso?

I would like to try to make an "windows version changer" for generating these tickes, if possible.

this could work like this: The guys has an computer running windows xp, vista or 7 starter but he wants to go for windows 10 as validated. he exec the generator and the tool will grab the hardware infos, just like microsoft do with their .exe, and generate an ticket, using the same structure as windows 10 generator use, and putting in the infos from some vl key or loader slics on it so when replacing the ticket from widonws 10 installation with this new one, the os will populate it online and grab the activation status as official from microsoft.

I guess its possible because the ticket is generated offline, so, all the infos and methods to generate these tickets are stored on the .exe generator from win 10 iso..

any thoughts?

17. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Trying to upgrade from XP or Vista could cause other problems. As W10 drivers are different and have new certs.
    But, maybe it could be used to change SKU's. I see lots of people that have 'Home' want 'Pro' some have 'Pro' but would prefer 'Home'

18. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    My thoughts...
    Bold: This is right but I think the exe grabs values provided by current OS installation itself. We know the installation ID does not change at 32 bit OS/ 64 bit OS hence it is possible to upgrade from a 32 bit OS to the corresponding 64 bit OS.
    What the exe grabs depends on OS version, installed key/type of license, hardware, validation status..at least I think so...

Even if reversing the exe it would fail providing the installation specific values from elsewhere...and those values are obtained online as well...(except OEM_SLP would work without to validate online before)

The most achievable if at all would end at Vista..XP is too much different and does not use slmgr

19. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
  20. oiramiccut

oiramiccut MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2015
    Hello John,
    try restart again.
    I had the same problem ... But after restart it was ok.
    Ciao.