HP EliteBook **70 Series BIOS Password Reset [Util Test]

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Mazzif, Sep 12, 2014.

1. greyhawk555

greyhawk555 MDL Novice

May 11, 2020
    Hello!
    Did anybody try to unlock Zbook 17 G3? I read dump with c341a and there is no $VSS inside...

2. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013

Attached Files:

3. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
  5. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks for the reply Mazzif.

Yes, if I was technically competent (maybe I am / maybe not) reprogramming the Bios as you intend would be an option, if I had the gear. Something to consider.

But in the meantime can you comment on the multiple screens encountered with the e91f3opaq3 as a Password from the bios-pw site? I can only assume the password generated is legit as it allows you to proceed for 3 screens until the 3rd screen an On-Screen Keyboard pops up. I'm no expert but in the numerous PCs I've worked on, Bios Passwords, when enabled (which I never do as the downside can be painful - like here!) are a single entry to get past them. Maybe I'm not current here, and multiple screens have become the norm. True?

Perhaps I should have mentioned the laptop has Bitlocker enabled as well. Another area where my experience is weak. I wonder if it is the reason for the 3rd screen with the On-Screen Keyboard, looking for the Bitlocker password. I also have zero experience with a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) which could cause some grief if a new HD is installed - but I'm not sure of this.

Thanks for the link to the other Thread. I read it and it follows another idea I had - somewhat. Ages ago when Win XP was first rolled out I had much more time to muck about with PCs, and I developed a universal XP install based on WinPE (Windows Preinstallation Environment) at the time (which I shared with the community, and it was well received). I was thinking if a Win10 PE version was available, and that image could be installed on the new SSD prior to physically installing it into this Laptop. Then when the Bios booted the new SSD the Win10 install would commence: provided TPM wouldn't negate this effort??? Yes / No??

I muck about with PCs only as a hobby for family and close friends. I never charge for my efforts so folks get what they pay for...lol. This laptop may be beyond my reach, and maybe it's time to just recycle it. But I hate doing that to a fully functioning PC, but I man's got to know his limitations...

Your comments will be appreciated.

Thanks for the assist.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Maycol

Maycol MDL Novice

Sunday
    [QUOTE = "vicmark, post: 1394698, membro: 985878"] Senha removida com sucesso do HP 8470p, agora estou preso ao MPM 1 de 10 .... [/ QUOTE]
    Oá boa noite
    Pode me ajudar com o meu 8470p?
    Comprei de segunda mão e veio bloqueado, não funciona wifi,bluetooh.
    Obrigado

7. Valmin

Valmin MDL Novice

May 18, 2020
    is that a new program your writing? i can test it out for you, i have several 6470b and 6570b