Install apps from the store without using Microsoft account?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by yolo_twice, Aug 31, 2016.

1. yolo_twice

yolo_twice MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2015
    Is it possible? I know that you can sideload apps if you find the original source but I would like to download directly from Microsoft (store or powershell?)

I know you can use a local account and only sign in for certain apps individually but I want absolutely no online account.

I remember being able to reinstall things like the calculator without an MS account but now even that doesn't work anymore.

:D

2. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    The web service for the Store will require server-side authentication. That's not something you could just bypass.

3. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    #3 sevenacids, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    I'm not sure if this works, but if you don't want to use a MS account, why don't you create at least a fake one to download the apps? It should be possible to grab the temporary direct download link for each AppX-Package using a network sniffer tool like Fiddler (after you click download in the Store).

4. getsuga369

getsuga369 MDL Junior Member

Apr 14, 2015
    What you could do is sign in with MS account and download all the required apps and then log out. And also app updates doesn't require any MS account. This is what I do.

5. yolo_twice

yolo_twice MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2015
    Nice tip!

The problem is I don't want, out of principle, to give them any chance of centralizing my information on a account. They probably have shadow profiles so my protest is futile anyway. :(

The solution is to create 10 fake emails and delete them all :sneaky:

6. Jari

Jari MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2013
    I have a local account and using MS account just for Store, just to get adblockers for Edge. Well, I have some paid apps too on my MS account, as I am using that same account for my Lumia 1520 cp. I can not log out from Store any longer (no such option), but I can still switch account to other account. I do not know do I lose some certain apps, some are downloaded by MS account, if I do that :)

7. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    MS has a fleet of black vans with spinning antennas trying to get everyone's user information. They are in cahoots with the NSA, CIA, FBI, and other government agencies. I found this out through an email from AOL, and McAfee. They want to drain all the dollars from all the bank accounts in the world, and steal all the code from everyone's computers. In fact there is a black van with guys in suits, and sunglasses parked outside my house right now. They look very suspicious. Excuse me while I check to see who is knocking at my door.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. dobbelina

dobbelina MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    #9 dobbelina, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Anyone know where you can buy tinfoil in bulk at reasonable prices?
    I wanna buy it directly with cash, probably wearing a disguise + rubber gloves
    and a fake mustache when picking it up :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...