1. spagethiandwaffles

spagethiandwaffles MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2022
    Is there a guide that could help me with my situation?

2. spagethiandwaffles

spagethiandwaffles MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2022
    hmm ok thanks for answering!

3. Asparagus Lover

Asparagus Lover MDL Senior Member

May 17, 2019
    Not Insyde BIOS type. It's AMI.

4. kuniva

kuniva MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2010
    Sorry I forgot to say I tried opening the image with AMI BCP, both UEFI and legacy versions, as well as MMTOOL, and they all spit errors at me "Platform Identification Failed" (UEFI AMI BCP) "Couldn't open the file!" (AMI BCP 3.51) and "Error loading ROM image" (MMTOOL). Which is what lead me to thinking it must be an Insyde BIOS type which I have no tools for. What tool did you use that read the file correctly?

5. Asparagus Lover

May 17, 2019
    There are plenty of tools that can read this BIOS: AMIBCP v4, PhoenixTool, UEFITool.

6. vdbepz

vdbepz MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2020
    #20976 vdbepz, Apr 3, 2022
    Last edited: May 2, 2022
    deleted

7. Asparagus Lover

May 17, 2019
    I'm sorry, I thought BIOS Lock was off by default, at least that's how it was indicated in textual representation of UI. So I focused on another lock, but it wasn't the only one. I'll try to do something about it but I may ask for more information soon.
    I can't imagine how, because I literally deleted all 3 parts: ACPIHeader, PublicKey and WinMarker. By the way, Microsoft dropped the use of SLIC to activate system starting from Windows 8. Now the MSDM key built into the BIOS is used.
    It can't.