Is There Any ASUS Vista OEM DVD's Floating Around?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by zzdiesel, May 21, 2007.

1. Drexl

Drexl MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Optical discs don't use FAT32 or NTFS anyway; they use ISO 9660 or UDF. The issue here is that normally ISO 9660 limits the largest file size to 2GB, which can be overcome by splitting the file into sectors.

I'm going to do this later when I look into unattended options. The program to set the options can burn the disc properly if I'm not mistaken.

2. darwin39

darwin39 MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2007
    I have followed sloozer's instructions on making the OEM Asus DVD ( used PowerISO ) and also used the Vista retail DVD.. works like a champ as I'm typing this from Vista now :)

Thanx goes to sloozer <-- you rock dude!

Darwin

3. sasaa

sasaa MDL Novice

May 14, 2008

does it work with 64bit to because i get a install.wim error (file is there)
    maybe because I edite'd the file with magic iso?

btw should it be like activatated when i first start vista ? yes my bios is modded...

grtz SaSaa

4. mauser2003

mauser2003 MDL Junior Member

Apr 13, 2009
    hi, I also get a install.wim error, any help plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. dobbelina

dobbelina MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    #26 dobbelina, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Rahn

Rahn MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2013
    Sorry to bring up this old dead thread, but I need some help. The executable: "OEMCertAutoInstaller.exe" in the guide linked on the first page of the thread appears to build a certificate based upon the existing OS's windows key correct? My friend had a catastrophic failure and I wiped her hard drive with a windows vista install disk only to find that I need an OEM disk to install properly.

So I decided to create an OEM disk from those instructions. I created the PID.TXT file with the windows key on the bottom of her asus laptop and put it in sources, and then I created the subfolders and ran the OEMCertAutoInstaller.exe file to create the asus file, but on MY computer which I was creating the bootable OEM vista cd on. Windows Vista installation is telling me that the key is invalid when I try to install. Is the issue because I created the asus cert on my non-asus computer and not hers? And if it is, is there any way I can generate one using an entered windows key?

Thanks!

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007