It doesn't matter if you disable telemetry or not. Windows 10 still talking to MS.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Hlx, Aug 13, 2015.

1. mrbbq

mrbbq MDL Addicted

Jul 18, 2015
    Running away from a problem does not solve it.

2. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    I'm recommending you to checkout

C:\Windows\winsxs>grep -r "Flash" .

and you'll find out a lot of apps need this vulnerable plugin!
    Nobody's running away from a problem, the people just skip it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. .org

.org MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2015
    microsoft rules

Microsoft is not holding a gun at your head to use their operating system...you got a problem with windows quit using it.

:rofl: you really believe that with windows 7, Microsoft does not know what you do with your computer ?

immaterial of how powerful a user you are...eventually if you are using windows...

at the end of the day all power stays & will remain with Microsoft irrespective of all your tweaking :tea:

4. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    That's the price of "free".

5. mechanicweb

mechanicweb MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011

This is what it is. Gathering information on everything we do without specific justified reason is not good. It is the start of a global disaster. It sounds filmy. But one rouge employee within those organizations can rise hell to some people's life!

6. .org

.org MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2015

that 1 rogue employee can also be from an online shopping company or from your bank.

7. zero2dash

zero2dash MDL Member

Aug 30, 2012
    I concur with several other posters here....despite doing all the post-install prep work, hearing now that those are nothing more than placebos is enough. I'm done....I'm going to roll back to 7 as well. Yes I know it has it's own issues (CEIP etc) but at this point I'm done with 10 for now. It's not worth losing more of what little online privacy I have (or my family has) just to run 10.

8. mechanicweb

mechanicweb MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    LOL. That happens time to time. But they don't have everything and so can't rise anything close to hell.

9. zero2dash

zero2dash MDL Member

Aug 30, 2012
    I'll probably catch flak for this, but I thought that was a decent movie.
    Gene Hackman plays a good rogue guy, and besides, the kid had a Turbo Express. I have no idea how they crammed a CF card in there without breaking it, but somehow, they did.

It was more entertaining than half the drivel that Hollywood spits out nowadays at least. :eek:
    What's humorous is that back then, it was probably a little far fetched, but now, it's like "wow, that's all they could do?" because of how dated the spying is. Obviously now it's much, MUCH worse. ;) No need for hidden cameras inside phony smoke detectors.

10. windowsguru

windowsguru MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2012
    Doesn't using keyscrambler and tor browser solve this issue as far as online activities is concerned?
    Won't the uploaded logs of what I type be encrypted garble?

11. mrbbq

mrbbq MDL Addicted

Jul 18, 2015
    #32 mrbbq, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Please explain to me by what magic and sorcery Microsoft will be getting this data when literally nothing AT ALL is being transmitted to them. Go on, I'll wait. I suspect you don't understand how computers work.

Also, I have a better film I can throw here;
    Citizenfour.

12. elzna

elzna MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2013
    this thread title is some pure ass bulls**t

13. Eurisoph

Eurisoph MDL Junior Member

Aug 5, 2015
    This paranoiac spying frenzy is really amusing!! If you use a smartphone you're already divulging reams of info. It's a good bet that no one is looking at your specific data; the volume of data assures that: the most that can probably happen is a sifting of metadata using targeted algorithms

14. mrbbq

mrbbq MDL Addicted

Jul 18, 2015
    AcuraTML, you too can tell me then what mystical fantasy alchemy Microsoft is using to do this by then. Of COURSE you can block data going to and from your computer. Firewalls do this day in and day out. Block the servers? Block the specific software doing it? Physically erase the damn files? Turn off the parts that collect the data?
    Again, someone post evidence this isn't possible rather than just repeating the `give up now because I don't understand how computers work` nonsense and go join the conspiracy fantasists. If I choose to block all of Microsoft's range in Peerblock, the data (which isn't being collected now it's disabled from doing so) is going to do... what exactly? Teleport off the machine?
    *sits back with popcorn awaiting the flood of answers.*

15. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Well, without getting really into really nothing with you or any member.

Microsoft has in place many back doors in every windows operating system built to this day.

Unless your a very qualified and fully tested cisco engineer who worked on the new through ports and data exchange services within windows 8 an windows 10 I will have to stop at that.

Google if you have the change what is taking place for all new an future activation from Microsoft it's almost completed and it's a complete different operation how activations will be performed a it not only hardware that gets grabbed. Isp ip's serial numbers will b captured if possible and many other new and disclosed little neat thing that are always going to b able to talk to mother or father at the other end with all that said you and I will never be able to track that data that's being collected as we speak ( it's very stealthy and very few know what they are looking for and where to start)

If that's a major concern ( Clean up your acts an attitude when online for starters and keep this tip always in mind, the www isn't a right it's just an option and you can opt out at anytime if security an tracking is getting to be a personal problem)

16. mrbbq

mrbbq MDL Addicted

Jul 18, 2015
    #40 mrbbq, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    Again; HOW exactly is this magical data unmonitorable? I can sit and watch packets going in and out of my system 24/7 if I choose to. As the Ars Technica article that led to this thread did. I can watch any process I care to. If it isn't transmitting anything to Microsoft, or getting anything from Microsoft or ANY place you care to name guess what? Nothing is leaving or coming from those destinations. It just isn't. It CAN'T. This is what we call "a fact."

Once more; evidence as to how this witchcraft you have dreamed up that can transmit or be received without a single packet appearing when monitoring domains, files and services that have no access allowed is possible, please. I'll even throw out a simple one; If all Microsoft sites, domains, local services, etc for updating are disabled, physically REMOVED or blocked outright either at OS or router level, how precisely will that activation tech get to the system?:rolleyes: (Hint; It isn't going to, is it?)

So how are these mythical backdoors going to do so when only essential (and loggable) data is allowed to do so?

This should be good... *popcorn*.