Discussion in 'BIOS Mod Requests. Post Requests Only' started by ancestor(v), Jun 17, 2009.
You need to login to view this posts content.
Can I request whitelist removal and advanced menu unlock here?
I have thinkpad t440p. Already did 2 identical dumps using ch341a.
Ahoy. Unfortunately the links for the T400 are dead.
Can anyone re-upload it?
What links are you talking about ?
https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...especially-thinkpad.5866/page-309#post-828601 / updated
Thanks a lot for quick replay.
All the best.
Seek your help regarding my issue with Lenovo B490 Bricked after update BIOS.
The issue before i updated the BIOS was failed to enter Setup and based on my research that BIOS shortcut key is locked by lenovo(altered).
Here why i was done before the system bricked.
1. I tried to update BIOS to latest one from Lenovo website.
2. New BIOS cannot be installed before i update to advised version.
3. Download and flash BIOS using MS-DOS, showing flash bar but the result was failed.
4. Restart the system and it couldn't POST.
- LED Power Button: On While then off, Looping.
- Try to Fn+R: ON more than a second, like 3-5 second, after that On While then off, Looping.
- Minimum POST w.o memory: Beep No Memory.
I suspected the issue w. BIOS Corrupted.
Tried to Recovery BIOS:
1. Download BIOS latest and advised update by lenovo.
2. Recovery using Lenovo.Phoenix.Crysis.Tool
3. On this point i believed the disk i created was completed and able to use.
4. Fn+R, LED Flashdisk showing read activity like 3-5 second but it turn off and continuing LED On While then off, Looping.
Based on my finding this system got 3 different BIOS and i also tried used all the BIOS 1 by 1 with result still failed.
Re-flash BIOS using Flasher tools (Ordered online).
I'm still not sure what BIOS file need to flash when the tools arrived, New BIOS / else? (Please suggest)
Seek ur help or for any suggesting for my issue to solved my problem.
It worked. Not exactly as described in the supplied instruction though.
I used this version
Instruction tells to flash same version of original bios first and after reboot use the patched one. When attempting to flash patched version afterwards I only had a message that bios version is the same, flashing is not needed and will not continue. I googled a little and found that some guys tried running WINUPTP.EXE -s. So I tried. For a few minutes mouse pointer was lagging badly while updater performed it's job without any messages or windows. Then lagging stopped and after a few more minutes and a check for running processes in Task Manager just to be safe, I shut down Windows, plugged in wifi module, turned the laptop on and it started flawlessly.
Thank you for your work and for the quick response !
now not downloadable again, could you please upload it once more?
(I have 83et80ww 1.50 version but it may be some later version, I can update)
By the way flashed your bios 1.49 to my t520 - works, thanks!
83ET80WW (1.50 ) - https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...specially-thinkpad.5866/page-423#post-1420028
83ET81WW (1.51 ) - https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...-wph-or-rom-files.5864/page-1386#post-1426752
83ET82WW (1.52 ) - https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...specially-thinkpad.5866/page-431#post-1447184
Thank you a lot, the last worked for me well after updating to the official version and then applying yours.