Make A bootable USb drive For Flashing From DOS

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by NoJuan999, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Yes you can.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. sofatiger51

sofatiger51 MDL Senior Member

Mar 3, 2010
    CRTL & Alt did not push the BIOS verification to completion. I have to force shut down as CRTL,Alt & Del don't work. When computer restarted, cannot recognize the UEFI installed Win 8.1 in SSD drive.
    I have to re-sintrall Windows 8.1 and start all over. At least, the computer is not bricked that is good.

In case you need to know why I have to reflash the BIOS, I was playing with CloverEFI bootloader for hackintosh. I forgot that it will write into the BIOS. It did and I cound not my Win8.1 in UEFI mode only legacy.
    EZFlash is safe and secure but refuse to falsh the BIOS saying I have an older version. Therefore, I thought the only way is through DOS. I don't like flashing through Windows because Winflash does not have good reputation.
    Luckily, we have the option /nodate meaning telling the BIOS flasher to mind his own business meaning just flash the darn BIOS for me and stop asking question.

Once again, thanks @Tito. You save my day. I have to reinstall Win 8.1, optimize SSD drive etc. I will be busy for the next little while. I try to use W8.1 installer to repair Windows 8.1, it failed. Windows now is an inferior OS compare to Android and OSX. That is why M$ is in trouble because they have weak mobile platform in Windows phone. What a pity.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    HP USB Boot Drive Software with Internal MS DOS 7.1 actived - modded by DavidXXW link is dead :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Didn't realise people actually still use it since Rufus came out which is far superior.