Member's suggestion for giveaway and contest!

Discussion in 'Giveaways and Contests' started by sid_16, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
  3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  4. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    In the new giveaway thread it was posted many time and it was free for '1 year'.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    EFA11 & Mr.X , I'll try to contact them.:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    It is unfortunately ironic for me to say that few new member/s are joining this board only to take part in this contest only with 1 post 'thanks and count me in' then disappear as if this computer discussion board doesn't exists for them.

It is painstakingly time consuming for me to wait for the winner's response or the declaration of new winner again waiting/rechecking of PMs etc.

If I introduce new rule to the giveaway contest, meant only for the older and active members then the thread proceeds only to page '1- to -2' , which I think is a 'shame'.

Any suggestion from the members to sort out solution for the impeding problems I'm facing to run and maintain a contest thread?

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    10 posts or more, elect a quality control board to review each individuals postings to show whether they are contributing members (in any sort). QC board would need to have specific criteria to use as a determining factor. Criteria decided by all who care to participate whom are members of some form or other with good standing to MDL.

or something? lol

maybe block content from none members as well, dunno

8. Forever

Forever Guest

Hello Sid_16 :bye1:
    i know the problem u r talking abt...
    For a start what u can do is,
    allow only those member's to participate in the G/A who have registered before the announcement of the contest....
    For e.g. u announce a contest on today, 21st. feb. 2015
    then one should be a member on MDL as on 20th feb. 2015 and not any later....
    this will ensure that new registration are not done for that particular contest atleast....
    and since all others will be allowed, i think u wud still get good participation.
    bcoz i think if u set the rule to 6months or 50posts, that too results in low participation.
    maybe try this in a future contest and see how it pans out.
    that's just my 2 cents, till others come up with better solution.

9. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Good point! I'll implement that after reading suggestion/s from other.
    Thanks for your input.

Yes, that's right! 1day older to the contest post is not bad but they disappear after posting and say never return to take the license by responding the winning PM. It happens in other forums too but not like here.

A note for both of you;
    This forums is not addictive I'm sorry to say! Please check out this link - http://malwaretips.com/forums/new-member-introductions.31/ and MT's statistics [​IMG] and compare with MDL [​IMG] & check this section of MDL - http://forums.mydigitallife.net/forums/8-Introduction again decide something is wrong some where!?

10. Forever

Forever Guest

that is because MLTS had made it mandatory for ppl to Introduce themselves so as to enter any contest.....
    maybe that's why :yes:

11. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Any good suggestion/feedback for this unattended thread- http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...pot-2015-PRO?p=1000089&viewfull=1#post1000089

Connectify is asking, what happened to the winners information and when should I send them the 5 winners information. '3' winners information I got as soon as the winners were declared but 2 winners are never responding. Its very painful and time consuming to wait for an winner's response.:(

12. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Why do you have to wait,just don't.If get a PM alert you can respond.If a winner doesn't care about it,just give it to someone else,etc.Don't waist your time when people get careless.You're doing a great job here and we all appreciate your efforts working on things from A to Z.Take it easy and let it go.:)

13. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    I appreciate your feedback but unfortunately that is not the spirit of the Giveaway and not even a solution.:)

14. Aninvitedsoul

Sep 14, 2012
    Is the the spirit of the Giveaway carelessness and ingratitude?The good spirit should be wrapped with respect and with abiding to strict rules.When people realize that they lose something ,then they will learn how to care about things and show the real good spirit of MDL.It's all about rules and respect.Don't mind me saying Being soft all the time is what makes people careless,generally speaking.

15. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    By introducing 'different useful software contest' in this section of MDL , I came to know many things, the older and active members 'don't or very less' participate in these threads. The freshers and very old but inactive members do participate large in numbers & I'm afraid that they even read the very 1st post carefully but post 'thanks and count me in' then disappear. Now its time for me to wait for a new winner's PM.;)

16. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    No more pain on you my friend... Give that code to me!!!!! :D

17. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    My 2 cents:

Rules:
    > have to have at least 100 posts. (that should stop the fly by nighter's from joining and racking up 10 or 20 useless posts. And you know their out there. I've seen many of them)

> Contest closes on this date **/***/****

> Winners will be notified on this date **/***/**** by pm.

> Winners BE FOR WARNED you will have to check in on the notification date and reply within 24 hours or you will lose out. NO EXCEPTIONS!! Your licence will go to the next person on the list. That person will atomically get your licence in a pm without having to respond.

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN
    SO LET IT BE DONE!!

This way your not spending half your life waiting for the twits. I know I would not wait. These people just have no respect for what you are doing plus no respect for others that would love to have your giveaways.

OR

The winners will have to contact the vender to receive the licence. You could set that up with the venders. You could send them a special link in a pm to the vender that they would have to go to to get their licence. (in a timely fashion of coarse). If they don't go then that's their problem!! Your done when the giveaway is done. The vender can do the waiting. They should have to do something, after all they are trying to promote their product.

18. Aninvitedsoul

Sep 14, 2012
    #78 Aninvitedsoul, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    @olsh t That's what I call an excellent suggestion.Fair and Firm.I strongly support 100 posts.

19. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
  20. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    EFA11 & Mr.X I mailed those vendors but got no reply still I'll try to recontact them.
    Chibi is Autoplay Media Studio 8.5 a good software and needed by members here? I visited the link but it seems too expensive!