Microsoft Anti-Spy PeerBlock List

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by thorin0815, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Emulators

Emulators MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2015
    could someone please post ip's to allow for windows update, windows defender and built in mail and other functional stuff that have to be connected to work. temporally disabling all ip's blocking is no good idea i guess, cos windows can detect that it can connect and all your privacy gone to win servers again. so i think list must allow some stuff and block all whats not esentall

2. thorin0815

thorin0815 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    #22 thorin0815, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    (OP)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thorin0815

Jul 16, 2015
    With my new list I had no problems connecting to Windows Update, but I personally don't use Defender or Mail. Maybe you can just check what IP's are blocked when using Mail or similar stuff and make a ALLOW list (whitelist) for it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Emulators

Emulators MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2015
    #24 Emulators, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    okay got it. one newbie queston tho. what to do with txt file you share? i mean when view it in peer block there is no ip's or anything. any chance for instruction?

5. Palladin

Palladin MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2014
  6. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Blocking the IPs is pointless.

Any large company doesn't have A server, they a have large distrbuted net of servers whith the ip changing depending on the region, and other things.

Try to figure the ip of Google.com, just to mention one....

7. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I wouldn't say that it's pointless as it does work really well. It's just difficult to manage and share a list that'll work for everyone.

Windows 10 is always going to be an uphill battle as the OS is designed to be much more connected to the internet. Anyone who doesn't like that should downgrade or switch over to a Linux distro. I boot to a few OS's and can say that Windows 10 will never be my default OS.

8. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    #28 PointZero, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    iblocklist.com has a blocklist for search engines and the number of IP ranges contained for Google worldwide is huge. One of the reasons I use PeerBlock is to block Google (but allowing it when I choose to use one of their services). The list is effective.

I don't see the search engine list posted on their site, for some reason, but here's the link and it's still regularly updated:
    Code:
    list.iblocklist.com/?list=pfefqteoxlfzopecdtyw&fileformat=p2p&archiveformat=gz
    Open PeerBlock, click List Manager, click Add, click Add File, click Browse and find the file you downloaded from thorin0815, click Open, then OK, then close List Manager. Those IP ranges will then be added to the blocked list.

9. Emulators

Emulators MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2015
    well i know how to import lists in peer block. what i was saying list does not contain any ip in it. when view Thorin0815 list in perblock (after importing it) its empty. if view any other list they all contain ip's in them.
    was asking what to do with it cos its emty, tough need to rename or something like that
    anyway i got it imported and my blocklog is empty nothing gets blocked except some of comodo ip's

10. Emulators

Emulators MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2015
    i just redownloaded list from link you provided and its nothing similar to what you posted. for me its more look like its some kinda body mod for game not ip list :)
    anyway tnx for posting your list, i copied it and now im happy :) but check link tho maybe thers something went wrong

11. thorin0815

Jul 16, 2015
    I downloaded my own list from the link in the starting post and everything is normal, it is a normal text file.

12. Palladin

Palladin MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2014
    #33 Palladin, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    Agreed, the link is valid.

I used it and just copied the text file into the message I posted.
    Can't imagine what the problem could have been for Emulators. :confused:

13. Emulators

Emulators MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2015
    #34 Emulators, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    thats weird cos for me link works and file name is Telemetry_revised.txt but contents of file is diferent. and i canot post an image to or link to image, too newbie around yet :(

14. Lucas Rey

Lucas Rey MDL Member

Feb 16, 2010
    What is not clear for me is why and how peerblock intercepts also traffic from my other devices in LAN.
    My laptop (where I installed peerblock) is connected to the same switch and with the same ip address range of the other devices like Samsung TV, Decoder MySKY, MediaPlayer, etc. In the log I see block session from these devices coming from "IANA -Private-Use Networks [RFC1918]".
    Ok, I can disable it from list, but I'm just curious how PeerBlock can log activity from other devices in the network. :g:

15. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    Because every device on your network has to talk to each other to stay connected and carry out tasks, etc. You're just seeing normal network traffic. IANA - private-use networks just means packets designed for a normal private network (yours). Google is your friend.

16. Lucas Rey

Lucas Rey MDL Member

Feb 16, 2010
    You're right, my bad. I thought I had seen traffic from devices contacting addresses outside my network. Now I enabled the "allow log" feature and seen that most of "internal" devices traffic is for netbios (udp 137) and upnp service (udp 1900). So, talk to each other is absolutely normal! ;)

17. mrbbq

mrbbq MDL Addicted

Jul 18, 2015
    Fixed. Because the other one definitely is not.

18. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    AFAIK you can't download the iBlocklist as text as that could circumvent their "download 1x per week as free user" rule.