Microsoft Toolbox project [Discontinued]

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by RokkumanX, Jul 4, 2021.

1. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    Update 2021-07-20

Added the Convert Office License tool item under Legacy instead since that was based on a older conversion script (which I forgot where I found it) and recent KMS_VL_ALL seems to include this functionality with up to Office 2021 already.
    So in other words, it's there just in case.

I also updated the activation part with latest KMS_VL_ALL (v42) released 2021-07-17

Otherwise not much new.

Enjoy!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    Update 2021-07-24

Changed project from VB.Net to C# instead and cleaned up a few things, nothing major.
    All functionality have been tested and should work as expected.

Although I'm a VB.Net guy, C# is kinda cool also.

Hope you'll have a nice day!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. athanato

athanato MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Each side refusing to admit they are no better than the other is what holds back murica, but keep pretending each side is different and the only one to blame.

4. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    I haven't received any major issue complaints with the project so far and I guess everything works for those who downloaded it which is a great relief!?

Can't stress enough how happy I am making this and using it every day, and after some time using it I haven't really found a reason to add anything else to the project.

To think what Visual Studio, PhotoShop and a couple of lines of code can make your daily life so much easier.

Have a great day you absolute legends!

5. vigipirate

vigipirate MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2011
    hello
    integrate backup&recovery system windows for winPE recovery tools thanks you

6. spinalGR

spinalGR MDL Senior Member

Oct 16, 2014
  7. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    Hi and thanks for the suggestion!

I looked into it a little bit and if I'm not way off it seems like after 1809 WinPE is now an add-on you'll have to install with an ADK.

I'm not entirely sure how I would or could implement this to the Toolbox at the moment, might have to look into it more.

8. ferarrifeet

ferarrifeet MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2021
    thanks, keep up the good work, appreciated

9. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    Very nice project
    Keep update :)

10. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    I'm working on some updates on the project and it's looking good so far.

I have added Trusted Platform Module Management under System Tools so people have easy access to checking it's info (I know it's pretty relevant these days considering Windows 11 and all)

I also added Local Security Policy under System Tools (which by the way took some time to figure out since the Toolbox application segfaulted upon launching C:\Windows\System32\secpol.msc, stated that it couldn't be found)

And finally I added Tooltips to some of the items under Product Activation, most importantly the Legacy - Convert Office License which I felt was necessary with Office 2021 now in our hands. KMS_VL_ALL have also been updated to the latest version.

I might find more stuff to fiddle with so stay tuned for an updated release later this week!

11. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    #31 RokkumanX, Oct 21, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    (OP)
    The update is complete (first post updated with new binaries and source code), as a final change I decided to add a tooltip on the Trusted Platform Module menu item with something like this "Check your Trusted Platform Module status in order to upgrade to Windows 11 (TPM 2.0 requirement)"

Feel free to add suggestions to the project, I really tried my best with the tooltips and made sure everything was spelled correctly and sounded proper.

Thank you legends and have a nice day!

12. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    Trusted Platform Module is great or not on how you see on things.

My laptop met the requirement with flying colors, but my gaming computer with Asus Z370-A Prime and i8700K didn't.

It's not a big deal, Windows 10 21H1 Enterprise is still my cup of tea but I honestly thought my gaming computer would at least qualify.

Have a nice weekend you legends and live well and stay safe!

13. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    OK, I updated the BIOS for my ASUS Prime 370-A motherboard from 2401 to 3004 and I'm now worthy TPM 2.0 status and Windows 11 obliged.

I mean Windows 11 will happen sooner or later in the future and hopefully my trusted gaming computer will last a while longer!

Have a nice weekend you LEGENDS and keep using Microsoft Toolbox with pride!

14. paulderdash

paulderdash MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2015
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but where is the download for this?

15. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    On the first page,,,

16. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    Hello you absolute legends!

The Microsoft Toolbox have been updated with following changes:

1. KMS_VL_ALL updated to latest version (v45)

2. Project now migrated to Visual Studio 2022 (17.0)

3. I decided to build the application in 64-bit (this can always be changed) so the pre-built binary attached in the first post is 64-bit

As usual, have a nice day and a nice continuous weekend and I hope you enjoy!

17. spinalGR

spinalGR MDL Senior Member

Oct 16, 2014
    #37 spinalGR, Nov 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    working well !

18. paulderdash

paulderdash MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2015
    A request: Can you include Reliability Monitor / history (C:\WINDOWS\System32\perfmon.exe /rel) under System Tools?

19. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    Sure, absolutely!

It shouldn't be any problem to add that, unfortunately I also noticed a bug since I built the application in 64-bit.

The bug is that the System Configuration Utility (msconfig.exe) refuses to start but as soon as I replace the Toolbox application with a 32-bit build it launches correctly.

I'll make sure to check this out as soon as I get a chance during the day, thanks for your feedback!

20. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    Hello you absolute legends!

As per @paulderdash request the Reliability Monitor function have been added, the bug with msconfig.exe have been fixed and I have also added Computer Management, Performance Monitor and Resource Monitor to the toolbox.
    As a weak little bonus I have also added the ability to Restart the computer (slow restart, not immediate)

Everything should work, it sure does work fine here on Windows Server 2022 LTSC :)

First post updated with screenshot, application and source package!