MSI-AMI bios mod requests, post here.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mod Requests. Post Requests Only' started by ancestor(v), Jun 17, 2009.

1. egalerst

egalerst MDL Junior Member

Sep 3, 2017
    My MSI Megabook is working :)
    Kudos for the more-than-quick work !

2. Serg008

Serg008 MDL BIOS/EFI Guru

Feb 23, 2010
    Done

3. Restrected

Restrected MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2020
    Hi All,

I have spent 3 days looking around trying to find a solution but doesnt look its its possible as of now.
    Still, i thought i would ask here as a last resort.

I have an MSI z390m Gaming Edge AC motherboard, running with a i9-9900k.

It has a pcie layout as follows. 16x cpu, 1x pch, 16x cpu, 1x pch.
    Obviously because of cpu pcie lane limitations i can only get x8+x8 on my 2 16x slots.
    I would like to bifurcate the second pcie to x4+x4.
    Only godlike versions of msi boards support this.
    The pathways come straight from cpu to the pcie slot. There is NOTHING between the cpu and the pcie slot. No switch, no anything. Maybe a couple of bridges to allow for porting 8x to first pcie and 8x to second when second slot is in use. Thats just a port switch though.
    So the bifurcation of the second slot should be doable in bios mod.

I have the bios file and i can open it, but since its a very recent bios most items are "unkown".

Anyone here knows how to do this? any software that i am missing? what is the latest softwares for modifying msi ami efu bioses and a link please?

Thank you all in advance!

4. Evil Henchman

Evil Henchman MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2011
    #8330 Evil Henchman, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    That was super fast. Thanks.

I just got the mobo and other new hardware installed yesterday and already had Windows 10 and Windows 7 installed on my old computer. I am using the SSD/hard drives from my old computer in the new one and do not want to reinstall either of my OSes. The modded BIOS works fine in Windows 10. After I get my PCIe to USB 2.0 card, I'll let you know how Windows 7 fares. I can boot up in Windows 7 right now but can only use either a mouse or a keyboard, not both at the same time, using the one and only PS/2 port my new motherboard has and I need both working to get the needed (and modded) USB drivers for the motherboard installed.

EDIT: Sorry for the over-two-years late info but the modded BIOS works great in Windows 7. Thanks again.

5. deejayadhd

deejayadhd MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2011
  6. Serg008

Serg008 MDL BIOS/EFI Guru

Feb 23, 2010
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...requests-post-here.5865/page-391#post-1472502 / updated