1. rorewe4314

rorewe4314 MDL Member

Jun 18, 2020

Even the original image is very buggy, this started after they released Windows 8 and started shoving rubbish into the system.

2. graver.x

graver.x MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2020
    Our task is precisely to remove this garbage ;)

3. graver.x

Jan 18, 2020
    Previously, the problem with installing FireFox (using the installer) was discussed here after removing WindowsFirewall, review the topic.
    But I have not experienced such problems, and I do not install this browser into the system using the installer.
    Sometimes I test its portable versions. Otherwise, I haven't noticed any problems after removing WindowsFirewall yet. (I use simplewall as an alternative)

4. bababafasdfggg

bababafasdfggg MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2018
    well toolkithelper that i tried first doesnt do job after 1 min it says job done but nothing has done
    and
    dism method after removing 15 maybe packages says error 0x8000FFFF == Catastrophic Failure
    so im stuck :D

5. rorewe4314

rorewe4314 MDL Member

Jun 18, 2020
    Windows Firewall and Defender were excluded from removal for testing.

6. sakatgg

sakatgg MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2020
    #21026 sakatgg, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    Source Microsoft Windows 11 [10.0.22000.194] - Original images from Microsoft MSDN [Ru]
    ru-ru_windows_11_business_editions_x64_dvd_4305082c.iso, taken by Enterprise
    I remove it manually via Remove Windows Components (only Internet Explorer Windows Media Player Windows Firewal Notepad is left). There are no errors.
    By default, layouts in the RU n ENG system. Installation in VB. On the previous (test) ToolKitHelper.exe everything was fine. Toolkit.cmd 22.10.2021

On ToolKitHelper.exe on 10.19.2021, everything is also done, but the ENG layout has disappeared, only RU remains. I can't create a new user in ENG. There is no ENG layout on the loaded system either..

P.S. Forgot to say, integrated KB5006746 (282) SSU-22000.280

7. inTerActionVRI

inTerActionVRI MDL Expert

Sep 23, 2009
    #21027 inTerActionVRI, Oct 25, 2021
    You need to adapt the lists that the friend @graver.x pointed out, as an example, for you.
    Compare with the new sample lists available in the "Lists" folder of the Toolkit itself.

It has passed 8 versions since 11.0 and many changes to the lists were made, some components were uncoupled in multiple components.

Currently some components were renamed and many added.

Renamed From WebpImageExtensions to WebpImageExtension
    WindowsStoreClient
    XboxClient
    ServicesStoreEngagement
    StorePurchaseApp
    WindowsStoreApp

AsyncTextService
    CredDialogHost
    XGpuEjectDialog

AccountsControl
    CapturePicker
    OOBENetworkCaptivePortal
    OOBENetworkConnectionFlow

GamingApp in place of XboxApp for Windows 11
    BingNews
    Notepad
    PowerAutomateDesktop
    Terminal
    Todos
    ClientWebExperience = Widgets
    In Windows 11 many components have been removed like Adobe Flash for Internet Explorer, Home Group, Setting Sync, 3D Viewer, Mixed Reality Portal, Advertising XAML, OneNote, Paint 3D, Services Store Engagement, Skype and Wallet Service

Some new components have been added like Microsoft Edge WebView, Bing News, Gaming App (The new Xbox), Power Automate Desktop, Todos, Windows Terminal, Paint, Notepad.

Classic Paint and Notepad have been converted to Store App and the Snipping Tool has been merged with Snip and Sketch App.

Also there's one more new App Get Started (Not the old one) which is part of the Windows User Experience Pack system app package which can't been removed as of now.

Here's is the thing which get confused with many users due to similar naming.

Screen Sketch - Screen Sketch App - Windows 10 Modern screenshot tool.
    Snip and Sketch - Windows Ink Workspace which is part of the ShellExperienceHost.exe
    Snipping Tool - Windows 10 Classic screenshot tool.
    Screen Sketch (Snipping Tool) - Windows 11 Classic and Modern screenshot tool.

You can remove the Screen Sketch it won't affect the Snip and Sketch

NOTE: These nomenclatures are from the ToolkitHelper list, but there are equivalents for DISM list. They are different lists.

8. bababafasdfggg

Oct 5, 2018
    thanks for help
    what are differences between dism method and toolkithelper method? its faster?
    can some1 tell me what is exact
    Whats are the differences between those 2 apps?
    I mean Toolkit and Dism.

9. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #21029 inTerActionVRI, Oct 25, 2021
    I'll explain so I think it will be simple to understand.

Dism is from Windows it has its functions implemented through PowerShell as well. If you use the options of this system administration application and Windows images for component removal it will remove literally, whenever there are no bugs, the removal is total.

Toolkithelper is developed by MSMG, currently coupled with the development of the front end that is the "Tookit.cmd" script, is faster yes. And it is also selective with removals so that there are no functionality breaks of the other interdependent components. That is, it is developed to perform a fine treatment of these components removals.

With that clear, we know there are remaining through removal through Toolkithelper list or through the menus that is also through Toolkithelper. But these remnants, reinforcing what was previously said, serve to maintain functionality.

This is a personal comparison. This is therefore that I see the differences between them as I have been accompanying throughout the time. But I may be leaving something out.
    If there is something to complement, the staff will comment.

10. bababafasdfggg

Oct 5, 2018
    This is the right Syntax for removing
    Microsoft-Windows-RDC-Opt-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~pl-PL~10.0.17763.1
    package? I did unlocked registry key before.
    toolkithelper F:\Toolkit_v11.8\Mount\Install\1 Microsoft-Windows-RDC-Opt-Package
    i ask coz i cant see any output after
    Image Version: 10.0.17763.2237
    Thanks

11. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    No, the ToolkitHelper uses its own list.
    The lists as the builds are available within the ".\Toolkit\Bin\Lists\DISM_Templates" and ".\Toolkit\Bin\Lists\ToolkitHelper_Templates" folders.
    As well as the name of the folder says, they are just templates.
    You prepare your list based on them. And, put the list already custom in the ".\Toolkit\Bin\Lists" folder.

Why are not you using the lists through the menus?

For LTSC Go to:
    [3] Remove --> [2] Remove Windows Apps Using Apps List
    [3] Remove --> [3] Remove Windows Components Using Package List (Here you can select a DISM or ToolkitHelper List)

Prepare the list as you use if you think of using a Dism list You should prepare both:
    the "RemoveAppsList.txt" list based on the "RemoveAppsList_W10_10.0.17763.txt" file, and
    the "RemovePkgsList.txt" file based on the "RemovePkgsList_W10.txt" file.

For Toolkithelper you will only need:
    the "RemovePkgsList.txt" file based on the "RemovePkgsList_W10_10.0.17763.txt" file.

Please, read the main post and the readme inside the Toolkit folder.

12. bababafasdfggg

Oct 5, 2018
    I have all i wanted from that list: RemovePkgsList_W10_10.0.17763.txt already removed.
    Used for those MSMG Toolkit.
    I want to remove OTHER packages and i cant because i dont know what to put in RemovePkgsList.txt to make it happen.
    Thats the whole story my friend :D
    Thanks for trying to help.

13. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #21033 inTerActionVRI, Oct 25, 2021
    This file is Toolkit Helper Template.

You need to put the package names into the DISM Lists

For This package you may need to put it into RemovePkgsList.txt
    from
    Microsoft-Windows-RDC-Opt-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~pl-PL~10.0.17763.1
    to
    Microsoft-Windows-RDC-Opt-Package

Just add this line, like the other examples in that DISM Template list (RemovePkgsList_W10.txt).

But then you need to test. The script will detect the rest of the package name and try to remove through the DISM command.

[3] Remove --> [3] Remove Windows Components Using Package List (Here you can select a DISM Method)

14. graver.x

Jan 18, 2020
    #21034 graver.x, Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    You can look into: Toolkit\Mount\Install\1\Windows\servicing\Packages\

there are a lot of interesting things there... ;)
    I made a screenshot (1) just for you. (Some components have xxx-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~wow64...)

You can also use full names in the list, working with the build from which you received the list of components. But with the release of new cumulative updates, the windows build number in the names of the superseded packages will change...
    Upd: Therefore, brother RaiyvaN showed ↑ a universal way of compiling a list that can be used with different builds numbers within the base version, in your case - 17763.xxx
    But I prefer removing components, including their language packs, so I use package names like the one shown above.
    It should be noted that some of them may cause errors. For example, in my case (builds 22000.xxx) these were:
    Microsoft-Windows-StepsRecorder-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~ru-RU (error)
    Microsoft-Windows-WordPad-FoD-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~ru-RU (error)
    (Just excluded them from the list).
    In case of any doubts: I always try to show the results of the sfc and dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth scans in my test results.
    Now that ToolkitHelper has received support for builds 22000.xxx, StepsRecorder and Wordpad have been moved by me to RemovePkgsList.txt for ToolkitHelper.

This did not affect Removing Windows Components Using Package List. At least for win10 v21H2-v21H1-v20H2-v2004 & win11 v21H2.
    WindowsFirewall and WindowsDefender were and are removed.

15. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #21035 inTerActionVRI, Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/msmg-toolkit.50572/page-793#post-1606110

Sent an 2021-10-29 New Custom Toolkit updated file attached in the link above and in my signature.

*Merged with 2021-10-22 and 2021-10-24 11.8 Toolkit.cmd.
    Just Minor Typo Fixes.

*Merged with 2021-10-04, 2021-10-08, 2021-10-14 and 2021-10-16 11.8 Toolkit.cmd.

1. Minor Fix caused by the implementation of the fully automated process that could give a conflict when using the Source menu.
    2. Removed the integration of InboxApps from the fully automated process. Thus, more generically, I think it is best for the production of a fully functional image.
    3. Added fixed "Bin\ConvertReg.ps1", "ToolkitREGsConverter.bat" and "ToolkitREGsDoubleConverter.bat" files.

4. VirtualCreate_ImageIndexEditions.zip (2021-10-26 updated and merged with @abbodi1406 "uup-converter-wmlib-74b")

Fixed missing parentesis "(" breaking the script.

*Merged with 2021-10-03 Toolkit.cmd.

*Fixed ManualSetup by MSMG suggestion;
    *:SaveSource session - WinRE minor fix
    *The names of the custom ISOs were getting the name of UUP Dump ISO. In this case, then the Auto Name was directed to the custom ISOs. It is a function that was already available at the Custom Toolkit at the ":Makeiso" session.
    *Automated Removal Components process changed from "PreSet Custom Selection" to "ToolkitHelper List".
    Note: In this method the dependency filter will be applied. So, according to Build, there will be differences.

Merged made with the Official Toolkit 11.8 from 2021-09-19 to 2021-09-29.

1. Since my code writing method with the idea of reducing lines was making complicated the merge tasks. As the code was drowned in complications, difficult to readability for other devs. I decided to twist my code, in the sense of wiping. Expanded parts of the code that were in just one line for multiple lines in order to improve the reading of it. Mainly in the "for (loop) command thanks to a tip learned in the @abbodi1406 scripts.
    And, of course learning every day with @MSMG. In addition to the solutions brought in the Toolkit script, he always answers some people asks that brings new doubts and new learning.

2. In Inbox Apps:
    2.1. A detail was modified to indicate what is not present in the packs, before continuing with inboxapps integration.
    2.2. Fixed - A problem created by custom toolkit modifications by implementing the multi-selection system of inboxapps that repeated the final optimization that should be once for each index, but was repeating by the amount of apps selected times the quantity of indexes. As much as the whole process was automatic, this caused a very accentuated delay.

3. Added - Condition for integration of Sun Valley Icons Skin Pack only for Builds below 21348.

4. Some minor code upgrade on Tweaks and...
    4.1. Added - Simple Bypass Hardware Requisites Checking for InPlace Upgrade.

5. WMP Skin for x64 now apply in WMP Program Files(x86) folder too.

6. Adicionada uma opção de Custom PreSet para "Windows 7 Components Experience Edition" baseada na lista de componentes a serem mantido que o MSMG disponibilizou.

7. Fixed Edge Chromium Integration for w81.

OBS: Supplementary information for Devs: After the implementation of Windows 11 support I found some bugs related to the use of subsequent conditions of "not equal" associated with the use of "else" in the same block (NEQ NEQ ELSE). It does not work.
    Ex: The use (neq w10 neq w11) so that a block block could work for both W7 and W81 and an "else" for when w10 or w11, but this does not work:

In this case, what comes in the else block is completely ignored not being executed. I suppose a conflict occurs.
    Code:
           if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w10" if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w11" (
               echo.Performing Tasks for w7 or w81...
           ) else (
               echo.Performing Tasks for w10 or w11...
           )

To correct this, the possible way is just as below.
    Code:
           if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w10" if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w11" (
               echo.Performing Tasks for w7 or w81...
           )
           if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w7" if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w81" (
               echo.Performing Tasks for w10 or w11...
           )

Guys, I left something at Custom Toolkit, which is to facilitate my tests, but it may be interesting to you too.

Basically it is:
    In the main menu, press the letter "P" and watch the process.
    This will lead you to the selection of an ISO that will be extracted then beginning the atomatized process.
    Have your packs updated and with the folder structure updated for Toolkit 11.8 (recently changes made by MSMG).
    The custom registry folder also has to be duplicated w10 and w11 folders. I put a bypass for that. Instead of having 2 equal folders, leave only one with the name w10_w11. For Inbox Apps it is also possible but probably the licenses should have their folders separated for W81, W10 and W11. @MSMG, joining the folders will release plenty of space in mega.nz. Files hashsum are equal, for both w10 and w11.
    If you notice any error or jump integration, in the process execution, it is due to some missing pack.

If you do not want to integrate something, just change the folder name so that the script can not find the pack. Example: If you do not want to integrate Games change the name of the folder from: ".\Packs\Games" to: ".\Packs\Games_".

Automation goes up to, Virtual Create Image Index Editions and ISO finalization.
    Download "VirtualCreate_ImageIndexEditions.zip" that is in my signature to the folder where the "toolkit.cmd" file is.
    Below is the list of packs that will be integrated:
    Removes Components by Preset Custom Selection.

So that you can take the test.
    Download "virtualcreate_imageindexeditions.zip" that is in my signature to the folder where the "toolkit.cmd" file is.
    Below the list of packs that will be integrated, the Tweaks that will be applied and the components that will be removed by the Preset Custom Selection.

So that you can take the test.

Code:
    :: Auto Integrate Menu
       IntWin32Calc
       IntNetFX48 17763
       IntNET5 above 17763
       IntOpenSSH
       IntPowerShell7

IntGames
           CariocaRummy
           HoldEm
           Sudoku
           Tinker
           ChessTitans
           FreeCell
           Hearts
           Inkball
           MahjongTitans
           Minesweeper
           Pinball
           PurblePlace
           Solitaire
           SpiderSolitaire

IntDaRT

IntCustomFeatures
           IntCustomFiles
           IntWMPMetroSkin
           IntWPVMetroSkin
           IntWin32CalcMetroSkin
           IntWIconsSkin

At this point the removal of the components will be by Toolkithelper list. Leave your favorite list.
    In this method the dependency filter will be applied. So, according to Build, there will be differences.
    Code:
    :: Auto Remove Menu
    set "RemovalMethod=ToolKitHelper"
    call :RemoveWindowsComponentsList

rem call :CustomPreSets_RemoveWindowsComponents
       rem call :AccessibilityCustomSelection
       rem call :ConservativeGenericEditionCustomSelection
       rem call :LooksLikeLTSCEditionCustomSelection
       rem call :GamerEditionCustomSelection
       rem call :LiteEditionCustomSelection
       rem call :XtremeLiteEditionCustomSelection
       rem call :W7ExperienceEditionCustomSelection

Here is my Personal PreSets
    rem call :PersonalPreSets_RemoveWindowsComponents
       rem call :PersonalFamilyCustomSelection
       rem call :PersonalWorkCustomSelection
           rem call :ListsandPreSets_Filter
           rem call :StartRemovingWindowsComponents

:: Auto Customize Menu
    RemoveInboxAppsAssociation
    ImportInboxAppsAssociation
    ImportStartMenuLayout

ImportCustomRegistry

"w8"
       CustomDisableAutomaticallyInstallationforPreSuggested3RDPartyApps
       DisableWindowsSmartScreen
       CustomWindowsDefender_WindowsDefenderSecurityCenterTweaks
       EnableCustomWindowsDriversUpdateTweaks
       CustomDisableWindowsUpdateTweaks
       DisableWindowsUpgrade
       ForceLatestNetFramework
       EnablePhotoViewer
       EnableFMP3ProCodec
       BlockAutoEdgeChromiumBasedDelivery

"w10_w11"
       HiberbootEnabled
       EnableDarkThemeandTransparency
       ControlPanelnConfigsandSettingsforFastestWindows
       WindowsExplorer_PreferencesandPolicies
       HideMeetNowIcon
       HideNewsAndInterests
       SetQoSlimittozero_internetWithNoLimits
       BugFix_WiFinoInternetConnection
       SetLanmanWorkstationandDownloads_OptimizationConfigs
       CustomDisableAutomaticallyInstallationforPreSuggested3RDPartyApps
       SetCloudContentfor3RDPartyAppsandDataCollection_Policies
       SetWindowsSearchandCortana_PreferencesandPolicies
       DisableSIA_DebugTracing
       CustomWindowsErrorReporting_Policies
       DisableWindowsSmartScreen
       CustomWindowsDefender_WindowsDefenderSecurityCenterTweaks
       EnableCustomWindowsDriversUpdateTweaks
       CustomDisableWindowsUpdateTweaks
       DisableWindowsUpgrade
       DisableReservedStorage
       ForceLatestNetFramework
       EnablePhotoViewer
       EnableFMP3ProCodec
       EnableFullResetBase
       GeneralTweaks
    "w10"
       BlockAutoEdgeChromiumBasedDelivery
    "w11"
       BypassReq
       HideChatIcon
       HideWidgetsIcon
       TaskbarAlignment_Center2Left
       UnBlockAutoEdgeChromiumBasedDelivery

:: Auto Apply Menu
    Cleaning up Image folder
    Trim unwanted Editions

VirtualCreate_ImageIndexEditions
    Edition to be Virtualy Created if supported.
       ProfessionalWorkstation
       ProfessionalWorkstationN
       ProfessionalEducationN
       ProfessionalEducation
       Enterprise
       EnterpriseN
       ServerRdsh
       EducationN
       Education
       IoTEnterprise
       CloudEdition
       CloudEditionN
       CoreSingleLanguage

Any issues, let me know.

9. VirtualCreate_ImageIndexEditions.zip (2021-09-20 updated with @abbodi1406 "uup-converter-wimlib-72u")

Thnks!

EDIT: New Todays Update: VirtualCreate_ImageIndexEditions.zip (2021-10-26 updated and merged with @abbodi1406 "uup-converter-wmlib-74b")

16. myvircandy

myvircandy MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2018
    Hi, the UWP application I installed with APPX cannot be opened. I want to know which components UWP depends on.

17. tarmi011

tarmi011 MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2015
    I removed everything from Windows components except File Explorer, but when i'm trying to open some for e.g. image files, it won't let me choose "more apps" command on "How do you wanna open this file" windows. I also, applied tweak "Remove Default Inbox Apps Association XML". Does the tweak causing the issue or some system app that was removed? Sry for my english

18. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #21038 inTerActionVRI, Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    Used the Official Toolkit or the Custom Toolkit? Which version of ISO (source of ISO is through "Create Installation Media for Windows" or "UUP Dump" and full ISO name)? Always know how you did the procedure to get a necessary help.

@myvircandy,
    Which UWP are you trying?

@tarmi011,
    Yes, if you remove the default association of Inbox Apps, you will have to configure the default applications with those present in your installed system (live system).

19. rorewe4314

rorewe4314 MDL Member

Jun 18, 2020
    MSMG, Firefox only fails on X64, installation problems.

20. Feartamixg

Feartamixg MDL Addicted

May 15, 2016
    What you have changed in your image? For example, what have you added, removed, integrated or which tweaks?

Ideally, please post your entire process.