1. winproof

winproof MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2016
    very usefull tool, but not work on win 10 2004 host for a 2004 iso, try to remove components (one or all), script start but freeze after "finished removing...", i'm waiting but never see "press any key to continue".
    only thing to work is to close app (and deal with uncorrectly unmounted things :) )
    work perfect with win 10 1909 host and a 2004 iso.

And one feature still missing, the ability to remove multiples (but not all) components in one pass in a more simply way that using lists.
    maybe with a "loop" in the script for having the possibility to indicate multiple choix (ex A B D H ...)?

2. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    works fine

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. winproof

winproof MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2016
    #15843 winproof, Jul 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    strange, not on my computer, maybe it's because i've just install windows ADK 2004 (deployement tools only), i try with another computer

EDIT : ok, there is something strange with my computer, work with another ... :thinking:

4. E_B_M

E_B_M MDL Member

Jan 16, 2012
    It appears removing Windows Backup, not File History breaks system restore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Great_Gwyn

Great_Gwyn MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2020
    Shame on that.

Anyway, great tool!. Congrats. I'm using it since long ago now ^^

6. inTerActionVRI

inTerActionVRI MDL Expert

Sep 23, 2009
    #15847 inTerActionVRI, Jul 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/msmg-toolkit.50572/page-793#post-1606110

I just resent an updated file in the post above.

Disable some had left locale and themes settings;
    The part with menu options with custom component removal scripts has been retained.
    I made a huge change to apply Tweaks by answering Y (yes) or N (no) questions.

I must remind you that Toolkit by MSMG functionality has not been removed. I just made a contribution. And, in my spare time, I tried to develop improvements for the procedures I use the most. All details I learned here on the forum with the explanations of @MSMG. I put a 0 in the version, getting 10.10. But it is still based on version 10.1. Even so, 10.1 or 10.10 is the same. 10.01 is different. ;):p

It would be nice to see these changes implemented in the official version. But then the one who decides is @MSMG.

I hope you all like it.

If we disregard the additions of features, the code gave a good decrease. Especially in the part related to registry tweaks.

Thanks to @MSMG.

7. MrChiliCheese

MrChiliCheese MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2017
    I should be able to modify Windows, put it onto an USB drive reinstall Windows from scratch on a Surface Pro 7, right?

8. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #15849 inTerActionVRI, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    @MSMG,
    I also hope that this contribution can give new ideas for the Script to become more and more top. Sure that with the experience you have you will dry a lot what has been done. They have a lot of features that I don't know how to use. I was trying to get the script to read and first define what type of installation mount "%InstallMount%\%%i" or "%InstallMount%" and then execute the removal commands. But I don't understand that "for" "do" "else". I was thinking of reducing the duplicate parts with "call". In the registry tweaks, I managed to do this partially. But some duplicate passages are essential and still remain.

Something like:
    Code:
    if "%InstallMount%\%%i" (
    set "MountPoint=%InstallMount%\%%i"
    call :CustomRemovalScripts
    ) 
    if "%InstallMount%" (
    set "MountPoint=%InstallMount%"
    )

or keeping "do" "else"
    Code:
    for .............. do (
    if "%InstallMount%\%%i" (
    ) else (
    if "%InstallMount%" (
    set "MountPoint=%InstallMount%"
    )

And, inside of :CustomRemovalScripts
    The codes could look like this:
    Code:
    :CustomRemovalScripts
    %ToolKitHelper% "%MountPoint%" %RemovePkgsList%

Instead of the traditional one that repeats thousands of lines of code:
    Code:
    for .............. do (
    %ToolKitHelper% "%InstallMount%\%%i" %RemovePkgsList%
    ) else (
    %ToolKitHelper% "%InstallMount%" %RemovePkgsList%
    )

Anyway, anything is possible in programming, but I have reached my creative limit. I lack content to try some other way.

Edit:
    Maybe with using command "set":
    or
    set "MountPoint=%InstallMount%" ???

9. haremmon

haremmon MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2016
    I was wondering what had happened with v10.1.

I reverted to Toolkit v10.0 and skipped integration .331 CU update step.
    With v10.0, I successfully installed .331 CU after fresh windows install.

10. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #15851 inTerActionVRI, Jul 7, 2020
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/msmg-toolkit.50572/page-793#post-1606110

Resent an today updated file in the post above.

In that apply tweaks menu by answering questions system, I added a question to the end to apply the integration of your Registry (*.reg) files.

I removed some "pause" commands from the end of some processes in the Menus (Integrate Windows Features Menu - Integrate Windows Custom Features Menu - Customize Menu) and replaced them with a question "Do you want to continue on this menu?"

All tested and working in Editions 1909 and 2004, in both architectures (x86 and x64).

Thnx!

Edit: Not everything. I left it configured to save ISOs on my drive I:
    It has been corrected.

11. tefor

tefor MDL Senior Member

Apr 5, 2017
    hi MSMG
    I integrated enablement package to get 20H2
    after that i removed all components including Edge
    after installation EDGE is still on my desktop and i can not uninstall it from programs add-remove
    is there any way to get rid of Edge ?

12. l3ullseye

l3ullseye MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    I have tried removing some stuff from Win 10 x64 Pro, but I always get an error with "OOBEREGION, OOBEKEYBOARD, OOBEZPD" that I could skip, but later appears another error "OOBELOCAL" and cannot continue after that, I have made some test removing only the Flash player and get the same results.

I am following the instruction in the readme for v2004, the iso is Windows 10 2004 x64, Version : 10.0.19041, ServicePack Build : 264

Any idea how can I fix it?, thanks...

13. aruiz

aruiz MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2018
    #15857 aruiz, Jul 8, 2020
    I get the same, Toolkit 10.1, i have tried with 1909, 2004 and 2009 spanish iso from techbench, can someone explain me why this is normal

Attached Files:

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It's just that the process finished before the API could catch up with it, this mostly happens when there is little to cleanup.

15. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #15859 inTerActionVRI, Jul 8, 2020

Resent an today updated file in the post above.

Correcting the problem of saving the iso that I had set for my drive I :, I decided to add an option to keep it as is or set another one (Optional for those who need to save their isos on some larger drive). Very simple. There is a moment when opening the toolkit that asks you to check <ENTER>. Well select Y or N. "N" will keep the ISO folder where it has always been - inside the Toolkit folder. Than select your drive.

Integrate Menu
    [1] Windows Language Packs
    [2] Windows Drivers
    [3] Windows Features
    [4] Windows Updates
    [5] Windows Custom Features
    [1] Windows Language Packs
    [2] Windows Drivers
    [3] Windows Updates
    [4] Windows Features
    [5] Windows Custom Features

Edit: Changes to the Integrate Menu undone.

16. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes will check and fix the issue, can you share the component list.