1. ingviowarr

ingviowarr MDL Senior Member

Dec 14, 2009
    @boo123
    Try *.msu from this post.
    Take your time and read carefully before you do anything.
    All info you need is already here.

2. Pl use parse method to first export pol to txt then cross verify or change as you need then update txt file again to pol .
    & use it with your batch or ps1 script as you like.
    Its the best way to deal with local group policies.

3. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    #19906 ingviowarr, Jul 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    @Yanta
    It works for me. I can use checkmark for LGPO and download.
    Check your browser / adblocker / hosts / firewall / etc.
    Thanks for this info. Will do a test with Firewall included.

I can add to the info (for original Live OS) that "Windows Defender Firewall" service (mpssvc) and "Windows Defender Firewall Authorization Driver" (mpsdrv) are required to be started for successful installation UWP-apps, DCH-drivers and AppX offline/online bundles.
    Same as AppXSvc, Appinfo, ClipSVC (ex- WSService).
    Also "Disable all apps from Microsoft Store" GPO should be temporary switched: Disabled -> Not configured
    That all stuff is required only for INSTALL / REMOVE, not for apps to WORK.
    (I'm interested mainly in DCH-drivers for different Notebook models, mine doesn't need them at all).
    I have two cmd-scenarios just for that purpose: "AppX readiness - [OFF]" and "AppX readiness - [ON]"

For example, when [ON], I can install and set some settings in the UI of certain DCH-driver.
    Then run [OFF] scenario and DCH-driver will continue to work, will stay healthy, but UI will be inaccessible.
    TouchPad DCH-driver is good example in this case - set and forget.

-----

In fact, when Firewall is removed using Toolkit, mpssvc + mpsdrv services are still there, so I thought everything was OK.
    And FF and other programs mentioned in context of "Setup bug" are far not an "Apps", they are classic programs.
    Futhermore, in older Toolkit versions there was no such "Setup bug" with Firewall and even with all Store and Apps stuff removed...

So, I couldn't even think that Apps stuff, or Firewall could affect.
    I have to check this.

UPD: Quick test with AppX readiness - [ON] / [OFF] doesn't help and can't fix present "Setup bug" (in OS with Firewall removed)

4. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    Used MSMG Toolkit for my Windows 21H2 IP. But when I try convert it just says that it isnĀ“t possible to convert when trying more than 1 source. 1 source works, but 2 or more not. To convert more than 1 source, I use the v11.4 which works with 21H2 (just to convert).

5. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
  6. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    #19910 Yanta, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    All good. I got the lgpo.exe from the zip file you posted. I did find an issue with it though. I have a user login script. lgpo did not back that up.

Not a big deal, I'll just add code to back it up and restore it to my scripts.

I tested again Firefox install with Firewall not removed... it didn't crash.

I tested the driver you posted, it just opens and closes straight away.

Also, the Microsoft games are broken now. I didn't use the toolkit to integrate them, I have a separate installer. Actually, thinking about it... I do recall having this problem some time ago, I think it was related to winsat, which I didn't include in this image...

EDIT: Yes, WinSAT is definately required for the games to work.

7. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    @boo123 use Start.cmd do not use Toolkit.cmd

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Titanos

Titanos MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2019
    This is my (some sort of) report regarding MSMG 11.4 / 11.5 / 11.6 after almost 2 weeks of testing. I hope this info will help.

The problem was that I couldn't get an working ISO in 90% of cases. I've got mixed results even creating a simple ISO with basic steps / commands: like creat a Pro version ISO and triming the other versions from original ISO.
    Testing the resulted ISO using a VM: BSOD (Config Initialization Failed).
    Testing on a real pc / laptop / notebook: bootloop after 1st reset at the end of 1st stage of setup.
    I did LOTS of tests mixing / updating / downgrading / all the files in the BIN folder. For all tests I used exactly the same conditions from start to the end.

What I've found:
    - DISM doesn't "like" if system temporary folder is on a RAM disk;
    - DISM doesn't "like" if 8dot3Name policy is set on the partition that is used by system temporary folder;

And finaly the solution for the problem above was to replace the following files in MSMG \ BIN folder:
    wimgapi.dll
    \ x64 \ imagex.exe
    \ x64 \ oscdimg.exe
    \ x64 \ DISM \ [all files]

The source for the above files was last version of ADK (for the target OS - 21H1 in this case) available on MS site.

Note:
    The host OS is x64 and target OS is x64 too. After replacing those files the MSMG is working flawless.

---------
    Thanks to dev for this tool, and I hope that in future will not be included files from multiple ADKs. :)

9. boo123

boo123 MDL Member

Sep 20, 2013
    #19915 boo123, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    fixed

10. boo123

boo123 MDL Member

Sep 20, 2013
    #19916 boo123, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    Windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. I received errors when running sfc /scannow. What components are safe to removal and the underlying issue to cause my sfc scannow to receive errors? @MSMG

I used as my install image, windows 10 ltsc 2019 1809 10.0.17763.1.

1. Integrated Win32 Calc
    2. Updated Windows
    3. Component removal

upload_2021-7-12_15-24-45.png

11. decibelzzz

decibelzzz MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2021
    Can you add catalan as language pack?

12. Supern00b

Supern00b MDL Addicted

Dec 30, 2010
    Using Softperfect ramdisk for a full year and never had a problem with it.
    I do three or four builds every month and all work fine, besides the sfc issues but that's a Toolkit issue, not ramdisk related.

Besides that my temp folder is also on the same ramdisk.
    The process is so much faster, wouldn't go back to using my spinner.

Cheers.

13. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    It looks like MSMG went to the village and we will not see bug fixes for 2 months...

14. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    #19920 Yanta, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    Got a new Firefox crash today. Upgrading from v78.11.0esr to 78.12.0esr. see screen shot. Firefox still works ok despite the install error.

I don't suppose you use Malware Bytes do you? I used to use Softperfect ramdisk, but Malware Bytes couldn't handle it and would BSOD my PC every time it tried to do a scan.

Attached Files: