1. Feartamixg

Feartamixg MDL Addicted

May 15, 2016
    Current changelog is always available in the first post, here: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/msmg-toolkit.50572/

You probably couldn't find the latest changelog in the last few pages as it was posted on page 980, here: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/msmg-toolkit.50572/page-980#post-1665140

2. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    #19822 MSMG, Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    (OP)
    I just uploaded the current Toolkit.cmd which I'm working on, have added many features including Dolby codec. Have extracted the Dolby codec base and mui packages, will be uploading them soon.

For LTSC edition only Dolby codec pack is required rest are same as in Pro editions and for Server versions both Dolby and extended codecs are required.

The script currently uses default image language for integration of packs, support for multi-language images will be added in future.

Edit: check back packs folder, I have uploaded the Dolby packages in <Packs\MultimediaRestrictedCodecs>

3. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    The updated script is from the unreleased version, there's no changelog as it has to be written yet.

4. tefor

tefor MDL Senior Member

Apr 5, 2017
  5. Feartamixg

Feartamixg MDL Addicted

May 15, 2016
    #19825 Feartamixg, Jul 2, 2021
    I hadn't even realised there was a new Toolkit.cmd released today, so I thought you made a typo and meant the ToolKit in general

You might also take your own feedback towards me to help yourself, by reading messages carefully before replying. I believe that the reason for the new ToolKit.cmd has been given in post #19819:

6. ingviowarr

ingviowarr MDL Senior Member

Dec 14, 2009
    #19826 ingviowarr, Jul 2, 2021
    @Feartamixg

Pardon, but question by @tefor was correct and clear.
    "to help yourself", please read "carefully before replying" what @MSMG said about today release update:
    I'm, personally, much appreciated to @MSMG for the options I have requested for this urgent update:
    - Fixed: DU for Sources
    - Integration: New Icons
    - Integration: Multimedia Restricted Codecs

Also I see a new Tweaks available.
    The full Changelog we will see in the next release v11.7

7. Feartamixg

Feartamixg MDL Addicted

May 15, 2016
    Apologies then, as perhaps I am not reading it correctly or reading what @MSMG posted differently, which was "have fixed the bug and uploaded newer Toolkit.cmd". I thought that this comment covered all the changes in Toolkit.cmd.

I now realise that yourself @tefor mean that there are more changes which are yet to be documented in a changelog.

Apologies to both you, @ingviowarr and @tefor

8. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    @MSMG
    I can advise to change the way of numbering for quick updates in the future.
    For example, v11.7.0 -> v11.7.X etc.

According to history of MSMG Toolkit development, there are always different versions spreaded over different download mirrors.
    They all have the same version number, but in fact they are different and were released in different periods of time.

To avoid confusion in the future, it is better to assign sub-numbers for every new update.
    I've been meaning to say this for a long time. And it will be more convenient, faster to check and more visual for everyone.

9. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    #19829 ingviowarr, Jul 2, 2021
    @MSMG

1) It's time to say about other critical bugs.

About month ago, using last Toolkit versions (and last LTSC builds) I expected the same bugs with programs installation.
    I used to think it was my fault with some tweaking OS, but now I understand it's not me.

Now I have installed a fresh ISO, and tested without any additional tweaks on Live OS.
    I can reproduce the bug at least with 2 programs (as it was before):

- Firefox installation memory error at the end of setup.
    - Launching official sound driver bundle (self-extraction pack) for DELL Notebook. It closes when run. This pack always worked before.

FF - Setup Error.PNG

2) Seems like New Icons were not integrated. But I have to recheck it again later, next time.
    For now it is not too critical compared to bug of chapter 1)

-------
    The only thing I done in the ISO manually - the full set of GPO files was restored after 2-nd mount of the prepeared image using:

Windows Custom Features -> Custom System Files
    D:\MSMG\Custom\Files\w10\x64\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\...

I don't think it may break something, because I used to GPO restoration on Live OS without issues.
    ---------

P.S. I assume it's very bad news, since I don't imagine what cause this. No extra errors in the Event Log.
    Probably I need start from testing v11.4 or so, +/- until I locate a version containing a bug...

10. inTerActionVRI

inTerActionVRI MDL Expert

Sep 23, 2009
    RS1CUFix.tpk", 1,
    to
    RS1CUFix.tpk", %PackageIndex%,

%DefaultImageIndex%
    to
    !DefaultIndexNo!

nequ
    to
    neq

//v20H2
    to
    /v20H2

Code:
        if "%SelectedSourceOS%" equ "w10" (
           echo.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
           echo.Integrating Microsoft DaRT 10 Debug Tools Package...

to
    Code:
        if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w7" if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w81" (
           echo.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
           if "%SelectedSourceOS%" equ "w10" echo.Integrating Microsoft DaRT 10 Debug Tools Package...
           if "%SelectedSourceOS%" equ "w11" echo.Integrating Microsoft DaRT 11 Debug Tools Package...

11. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    I would also test this ISO that you use as a basis to customize without changing it.

I don't know if you did this. But I already discovered several issues that originated from some current builds or current updates I had downloaded, merely testing them without changes.

Of course, always after having a headache.

12. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    #19833 ingviowarr, Jul 2, 2021
    @RaiyvaN
    I will. Agree with you.

UPD: Original ISO tested "as is" and works, no issues (I knew it).
    LTSC 2019 (1809) build 17763.316 (March 2019)

Next, I'll test ISO preparation once again, but without manual GPO restoration.

13. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    #19834 ingviowarr, Jul 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    @MSMG

1) "Installation error"

Tested without manual GPO restoration - same "Installation error" as described above.
    (I knew this GPO trick can't break anything)
    So an error somewhere inside the Toolkit.
    I guess, in period somewhere after splitting Store and before v11.6 (successor of the bug appeared earlier)

2) Icons - Integration Error
    Code:
    Copying Patched Windows Icons files...

Cannot find the specified file.

Icons - Integration Error.png

3) You promised rename all names "Setup Media" to "DU for Sources"
    But menu option still not renamed:

Windows Updates -> Integrate WHD Update Pack -> Integrate Windows Setup Media Updates

Should be smth like that:

[2] Integrate Windows DU (Dynamic Updates) for Sources

14. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    Check if ResourceHacker.exe is present in the Toolkit\Bin\ folder.

15. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    @RaiyvaN
    "ResourceHacker.exe" is present in my "Toolkit_v11.6_Fixed.7z" package.
    FIY: My previous post was updated with additional test results info.

16. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    Maybe I just got lucky :)

I put the 1518 SSU, CU and the 1999 CPU updates in h:\updates and it integrated them in the correct order.
    KB4577667, KB4577668 and KB5003646 and they were integrated in the order listed.

I'll recreate the ISO today with oscdimg and then install toolkit 11.6 and give it a try.

17. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    @Yanta
    Can you try to install Firefox to check if "Installation bug" is here? Please?

18. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    Sure thing.

I only install ESR versions though, so it will be 78.11.0esr. It's based on RC 89.x.x

I do recall seeing this error myself in the past. I always figured it was due to Mozilla messing up and never worried about it because Firefox seems to work ok.

I'll get back to you later today.

19. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    @Yanta
    So important info! I'm not alone!

See you. Thanks for your kind feedback!