Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #2561 mxman2k, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    (OP)
    MRP 88 should block the advert/game tiles better (unless m$ alter the damn names again!) :p

Wintel.cmd does NOT block adverts.

You have to use the option found on the ConfigCreator to tick the box for Block Adverts (Win10 only) and place the .ini file into the Scripts folder.

*edit*

I might add the blockadverts script as a standalone at some point. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #2562 mxman2k, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    (OP)
    Updated Post (Deleted Link) with QT 55 T4

48Hr Availability.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MRP v88.0 is Baseline but still on hold for now until QT Test results are satisfactory.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #2564 mxman2k, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    (OP)
    For MRP 88.0 there will be some additional scripts and ReadMe files within the Optional folder.

W10BlockAdverts.cmd and WLanService.cmd more details later. ;)

ConfigCreator v2.6 has been updated with some changes such as the Debug Log option and extra information on a few of the tool tips.

Note: MRP 88 baseline will be still on hold and not uploaded yet, as not enough feedback on the QT 55 test4 is available for non Latin based languages. Example: Russian, Arabic, Chinese etc.

4. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    #2565 BALTAGY, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2018
    I'm using this cmd to block ads
    Code:
    Reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "ShowSyncProviderNotifications" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul

Reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SystemPaneSuggestionsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul

Reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SoftLandingEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul

Reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SilentInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul

Reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "RotatingLockScreenEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul

Reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "RotatingLockScreenOverlayEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul

Reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SubscribedContent-310093Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul

Not sure if there's more that can be blocked

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    there is quite a few more in the BlockAdvert script ;) :p

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #2567 mxman2k, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    (OP)
  7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v88.0 will be released soon. :)

More details later today...

QT 55 Test has now ended this will be uploaded shortly. :)

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Query Tool v55.0 has been uploaded and 2nd post download link and password updated.

+ Basically a refresh with a new program to hopefully obtain the Legacy/UEFI and MBR/GPT information, which if WMIC fails to pick out the right wording/results for non Latin Character Set Languages.

+ OS Architecture should now be correct and show x64 or x86 for all languages.

There may be a few areas where the native language shows in the results but these should not affect the main results.

+ Also extended Edition information on the saved report which will also now show CompositionEdition and DISM results.

+ A few other tweaks here and there.

+ Now using latest Gibson Research's InSpectre.exe (#8 at time of compilation) for the Meltdown/Spectre results.

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    As promised -- MRP v88.0 Baseline has been uploaded and 2nd post updated with link and new password. :)

Due to some glitches with the WMIC sections, hopefully these have been addressed as reverted code back to the working 86.0 code and added new bits to allow MRP to function properly on some Languages that either 'locked up' or failed to work.

+ A new experimental program is used to obtain the Legacy/UEFI and MBR/GPT partition data which uses a lower level method to obtain the data regardless of OS Language. WMIC is still used but if the results are not as expected the new program will obtain the right ones, (hopefully!). Once it is established that the new program works on all Languages it will take over the job of that section.

+ Debug log (if enabled via the options) is more enhanced, it may not look elegant but it serves its purpose to help with any glitches either due to OS Language or incorrect data results. This lists certain variables and no personal information is within that file. It is advised to enable this option in case any problems occur and it can be posted along with the project.log for analysis. If MRP worked ok, you can delete the debug log file.

+ Added a new 'Option', Turn Off Background Apps, this just moves the slider within PC Settings/Privacy for background apps to OFF. You can toggle on/off if you wish later. Note: Only for main user, it is NOT transferred to any new user created.

+ Within the 'Optional' folder have added W10BlockAdverts.cmd (and readme), you can run this as a standalone script. Also one for WLan service - see its ReadMe.txt for information. Note: Only for main user, it is NOT transferred to any new user created.

+ Other Optional scripts have had some edits done to them as well.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    - Removed Audit Mode pause 'feature', due to some strange problems with RS4+. Do all your Auditing/editing BEFORE using MRP in your image/wim etc! One reason this 'feature' been removed is because due to license switching it can upset MRP's variables/settings used. Plus some activation stages can get confused within the OS and may cause problems later trying to get activated.

Note: Most options are ONLY for the main user, (the one created during setup/install). When you create/add a new user most of the options you set are not used/copied over to the new user due to the way Windows creates the new user with default settings. This is not a bug with MRP it is just how the OS works. When time permits i will see if there is a way around this.

10. bundyal

bundyal MDL Junior Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Hello mxman2k
    I have download NiceWeather_M88.0BL_Compiled_26th_April_2018.7z
    but i can not extract the file. Not with winrar or with 7Zip.
    I get wrong file or wrong password.

11. bundyal

bundyal MDL Junior Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Sorry my fault,
    I had used the password for the QueryTool.
    It was ok now.

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Easy done :)

13. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    I have a request... can you please adjust the scripts for Windows 10 when in audit mode logged in as administrator the script doesn't delete the scripts folder I was lucky and noticed it was deleted so I copied scripts folder back from my flash drive to the scripts folder the setup complete Command and the files I want it installed. Sorry for any typos I'm using my smartphone which obviously isn't too smart LOL :)

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I will have to write you a special version as had to remove the Audit Mode pause feature because with RS4 it can at times screw up MRP's static variables and cause some strange effects. Plus some options get 'forgotten' or the theme messes up and says it not installed etc. M$ and progress!

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  16. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2578 The_Guardian, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Okay I tried 1804 I've tried 1709 and I can't accept the user agreement to get to the desktop has to be something in the ini file preventing it I've been down for 3 days

I used the older project about 6 months ago and it worked great on my wife's computer I'm using the new 88 version with the I and I file and there seems to be an issue

17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    hmm strange, the only things changed in v88 is the audit mode removal, also a new exe to obtain the legacy/UEFI MBR/GPT, they have been fully tested on standard English installs (and those with latin based character sets), as you are installing en-us it all should all work ok. :g:

18. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    Any new entries in the wintel command file possibly? Because every time I hit accept on the EULA it says something went wrong and I'm in a continuous loop

Even tried not using audit mode or capturing an image and it's still doing it