Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    As mentioned in MRP v89 that 'File Sharing' option will be auto disabled if RS4+ is detected. Just put the code check in. :)

So if you tick the box and RS4+ is being installed, MRP will not alter the setting, so you may still have to enable SMB v1.0 via the OS's 'Programs and Features' for your shares to work fully, hopefully m$ will fix that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #2623 mxman2k, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
    (OP)
    I have already committed the changes... I can easily undo them. :p

Although ConfigCreator can be a <Censored> to edit. lol

Plus it going to be a while for MRP 89 as i have to test things over and over etc so maybe M$ will sort it out by the time the next MRP release.

*edit* Undone the changes, just put a new tool tip in the ConfigCreator about if RS4+ is installed that you might have to turn on SMB v1.0 within Windows on the 'File Sharing' option.

Attached Files:

4. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    Not sure why it's working for me maybe because i tested it in VM and it's related to network drivers ? or clean install don't have this problem ? dam man we are fixing Microcrap mistakes lol

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    We are addressing the issues they create. :p (well trying to - until they issue a 'fix' that screws that idea up and adds even more things to fix lol)

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #2627 mxman2k, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    (OP)
    Latest MRP v89.0 {T3} Update:

Have removed:
    ReFS option due to researching that it could potentially cause problems on Editions that don't support it normally for creating those File System Volumes.

Replaced with:
    Enable Extra Context Menus, {Command/Powershell Prompt Here (Normal/Admin), TakeOwnership, CopyTo/MoveTo}. They are all enabled if the option is ticked, they are not separate options!

Added as quite a few people have asked for them to be considered for addition. If you not want all of them and only a select few there will be scripts in the 'Optional/Misc_ExtraScripts' folder so you can enable only the ones you want manually. Note these are system wide 'features' and not limited to the current user.

ConfigCreator v2.7 has been updated with the replacement option.

8. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    i don't know why in settings app the phone section is not enabled and saying hidden or managed by your organization
    i used wintel.cmd blockadverts.cmd and MRPconfig.ini
    how do i restore these settings back

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Well you don't run blockadverts.cmd if you have already used the option within the configCreator or it may confuse things, shouldn't do as it only affects the advert tiles for the current user.

Not had Wintel.cmd cause any problems before for that setting... :g:

The 'Managed by your organization' is normal when some registry edits are done that affect Policies which a few of the options do - they are mentioned in the tooltips, more so the Cortana block.

Did you edit Wintel - ie un-bypass the bottom sections? as those services could affect certain aspects, they are bypassed for that reason.

Blockadverts.cmd script is for use on a already installed OS. It is ignored if placed in the Scripts folder.

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    From what i can see it is because you are not signed in with a M$ account, a local account not allow the sync...

11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    The Black Explorer is a nice addition to RS5 :) pity they not have that on older builds!

I have tried to do it with tweaks but it always reset on next reboot or if explorer.exe crashed. :(

12. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    no i never edit anything I put the files as they are in scripts folder,
    but it's the first time i'm using the MRPconfig, i was just testing it becuz i like some tweaks in it, like showing "this pc" in desktop (i hope there is an option to show user folder and control panel as well), removing shortcut referrence, removing library folders and 3D objects folder from this pc, launching to this pc instead of quick access, disable maintenance tasks and remove onedrive.. i just love these twearks i hope there are more of them.

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    ah ok :)

As i quoted from a post on a Microsoft forum that it seems the Phone side you have to be logged into the PC via a M$ account, so i dont think that a fault of MRP.

The User folder and Control Panel i might add as an option in the future as they fairly easy... ;) I didn't add them because m$ are slowly removing Control Panel (boo hiss) and shoving it all within Settings App so Control Panel one may not work at some point in the future.

Code:
    rem ** Desktop Icons -- 0 = Show Icon , 1 = Hide Icon **

rem User's Files
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel" /v "{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee}" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1

rem Control Panel
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel" /v "{5399E694-6CE5-4D6C-8FCE-1D8870FDCBA0}" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1

rem Network
    :: reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel" /v "{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C}" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1

rem Recycle Bin (usually shown by default)
    :: reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel" /v "{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1

rem This PC/My Computer
    :: reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel" /v "{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1

The lines with :: (remark) are for those extra icons. If you want them to be on the desktop just remove the :: and it will be shown. A reboot or logout cycle will be required for them to appear, or maybe a restart of explorer.exe would do.

You can place them into the Wintel.cmd or UserTweaks.cmd and MRP would action them.

14. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    yeah i know it's required to sing in but you can see in the img i posted the sing in button is disabled, that means all that page is disabled with all settings in it.

can't those lines be added to MRPconfig.ini file itself ??

thanks

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I have checked through Wintel.cmd at the services sections and only one stands out 'phonesvc' but that is bypassed as that is in the bottom W10 section that you have to enable by removing a GOTO command before the section. Have removed that service from the 'hit list' now.

The purpose of Wintel is to stop most telemetry / giving information to m$, so If you want to use Microsoft services it probably wise not to use Wintel.cmd at all!

=====================================
    If i understand your line "can't those lines be added to MRPconfig.ini file itself" correctly about the tweaks then i will need to add the options to ConfigCreator and the code into MRP so that those other icons can be added to the desktop if the option is ticked.

I will consider adding them but it will just be 'User Folder' and 'Control Panel' as a single option, the end user can delete a none required icon from the desktop without problems later as they are only 'shortcuts' after all.

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007

Attached Files:

17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Possible but it involves a bit more work and making space for the extra bits, maybe at a later date.

Just working on a standalone script for the Desktop Icons. Basic but functional...
    Code:
    ===================================
    Current Settings  - Show On Desktop
    ===================================
    User's Folder     :  No
    Control Panel     :  No
    Network           :  No
    Recycle Bin       :  Yes
    ThisPC/My Comp    :  No

Show User's Folder On Desktop {Y/N and press enter} _

18. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #2640 mxman2k, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
    (OP)
    You could add one of the following to Oobe.cmd - only HKLM can be used in oobe.cmd as HKCU does not exist that that stage of setup.

For UserTweaks.cmd or SetupComplete.cmd you should use HKCU because the username has been created at this stage, use along with the HKLM ones to make sure.

Either way should set Control Panel's view.

Code:

REM (1) For Catagory View.
    Reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "ForceClassicControlPanel" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1

REM (2) For large Icons.
    Reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "ForceClassicControlPanel" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel" /v "StartupPage" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel" /v "AllItemsIconView" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1

REM (2a) Small Icon View. Used with above setting.
    Reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "ForceClassicControlPanel" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel" /v "StartupPage" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel" /v "AllItemsIconView" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1

REM (3) For Original Default setting.
    Reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "ForceClassicControlPanel" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel" /v "StartupPage" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel" /v "AllItemsIconView" /f >nul 2>&1

** Updated **