Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. vigipirate

vigipirate MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Error 1005 Ray ID: 41b88a2e5c013c41 • 2018-05-15 21:01:26 UTC
    Access denied
    What happened?

The owner of this website (dbr.ee) has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in (21502) from accessing this website.

2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Odd i can access all download links with no problem. :g:

By looks of it your isp seems to be on some sort of black list which the file host dbr.ee has.

Never had that before, as upload.ee is now back online i might switch host to that again as that rarely blocked anyone.

Which file was you trying to download?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Have updated the 2nd post to show another download link for each item. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. are you running any type of vpn or vpn extension in browser?stop the vpn's and you will be fine.

5. neon2mpower

neon2mpower MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2017
    #2686 neon2mpower, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    dell logo image detail is bad

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    :g: not had anyone complain about Dell's logo's...

Considering most logo's for the brands are from the respective OEM's , Dell being one.

How many spend a lot of time looking at them? :p :thinking:

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 90 is at T2 testing stage.

Have added a check for OSUpdates.cmd in the scripts folder, this is so that you can add any updates such as any flash, small type updates as if you do a CU/SS then it would take a while to complete them, but this is just so that you can add a script that does any smaller ones ie the meltdown/spectre ones.

What you write in the script is up to the end user, it just there as a extra. It is run after UserTweaks.cmd and WinTel.cmd basically last in the chain.

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    At the moment i cannot test w8.1 and the remove Library folders option as for some reason either my test pc's are not liking w8.1 or the two iso's i have are corrupted in some way. :(

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    :eek: vbox theme on VMware !! :p

At least i see the Edge shortcut gone :D

I do like the RS5's dark explorer windows.... There must be a way to bodge that onto RS4 :thinking: :p

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #2692 mxman2k, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    (OP)
  11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Have refreshed the Query Tool to v56.0 as it late here i will upload it in about 9 or 10 hrs time. :)

Nothing major done, just a tidy up of some code, shortened the CPU ID to last 6 digits.
    -----------------------------------------------------​
    MRP v90 is at Test Stage 3 at present, and so far is stable, it was a bit unstable with Windows 8.1 hence all the hassle getting it to install without 'hanging' at a certain area, this has now been fixed and it may also inadvertently fix an issue on some non Latin based language's too.

The ConfigCreator has been tweaked a bit in that I have moved the 'Taskbar Transparency' and 'Remove Library Folders' up to the top area of the 8.x/10 section.

Sadly it is not possible at present to have the transparency on the Taskbar, without 3rd party tools, for 1713x so for now that will still auto disable on the latest Windows 10 and Insider builds.

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Query Tool v56.0 has been uploaded and the 2nd post's download link and password updated.

Quick Summary

A refresh from v55.0

+ Shortened the CPUID to last 6 digits.

- Removed DISM check for Edition as it sometimes caused problems on older OS's the results was only cosmetic data.

+ Small tidy up of code for display text.

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v90 changed from Internal Testing to RC.

Have added a new script in the 'Optional\Misc_ExtraScripts' folder for having the Control Panel as a Context Menu item if you so wish.

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #2696 mxman2k, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    (OP)
    MRP 90.0 is now out of RC :)

Within next the next 19 hours i will get time to release/upload it - unless there are any last minute changes.

Sorry it has only been a week since v89.0 was released but I know quite a few of you would like to use the new option(s).

The code base is completed and all tests done was successful, pointless keeping it on hold.

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    The wait is over! :D

MRP v90.0 Baseline has been uploaded, 2nd post download link, password and hashes have been updated.

+ For Windows 8.1 'Remove Library Folders' now works. It was disabled before as certain ID's was different this has now been fixed. MRP checks the OS installed and adjusts the routine to match. Note this option does not work on W8.0 or Server 2012R2 as they probably have different ID's as well if they had them.

+ New Option: Remove Microsoft Edge's shortcut from the desktop on RS4+ , why they bothered putting it there in the first place when it is on the Taskbar anyway!

+ Taskbar Transparency now works on Windows 8.1 also. It is still auto disabled on RS4+ as there seems no way to bypass the Acrylic system for taskbar via registry.

+ Fixed another issue with Windows 8.x in which it might cause the Windows Setup to 'hang' on the 2nd reboot this fix may also address another problem with other languages also 'hanging' not just on w8.x.

+ Config Creator updated with the new option and a little reshuffle for some others.

+ Some code tidying has been done and changes to some wording in the log output.

Added a extra script within the 'Optional\Misc_ExtraScripts' so that you can have the Control Panel link on the Context Menu. See the script itself for information.

You can change the default position and also there is a line you can use to delete the Control Panel's Context Menu if you so wish at a later time.

Note if you want this as a usertweak you must edit the script to allow this or your install will 'stop' due to being asked for input and the Oobe stage will not show the screen as all text/command output is suppressed. All information is within the script how to do this.

16. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    #2698 BALTAGY, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    A fix for background app settings keep turning on Tested and working

17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    That fix is in mrp90 :)

18. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    what is the registry tweak that makes the taskbar transparent i want to try it on my pc i have windows 8.1 x64
    ??
    and about wintel.cmd does it work akso with windows 8.1 or there is no telemetry in there ?