Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 120.0 is at BC1 stage :)

Release Candidate 1 passed...

But now added a new win 7 (only) option:
    Disable the EOS message(s), this option once used cannot be reverted easy, if you use this option.
    Only any newer updates added that may reinstall the Tasks and registry entries etc.

There is a new ConfigCreator v25.0 made as v24.2 was the previous test version.

All new added options have been fully tested for the OS's they are for and passed, only this latest option requires a few test installs to make sure i not messed anything up. :D

New total of ALL available options: 142 :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP is at BC2 stage and almost ready for release :)

All being well it will be either later today or sometime tomorrow when MRP 120.0 is uploaded. :D

Just a few small bits to finish off and the change log to be written up etc.

All in time for the festive season. :)

5. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  6. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5551 mxman2k, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    (OP)
    MRP v120.0 has been uploaded, 2nd post download link, password and hashes updated. :)

Festive Season Release

+ Added Windows 7 Only option to disable the End of Service/Life pop up messages. This cannot be reverted once the option has been applied, but any newer updates installed later may reinstall the missing Tasks/Registry entries. This has been set as an Advanced Option.

+ Added Enable Fraunhofer ISS MP3 Professional Codec option, this will change the less features one that is default within Windows to the better features/quality Pro version, this really may only be beneficial for those who work with audio files.

+ Win10 Option: Prevent M$ Edge from automatically opening - this as the title says stops M$ Edge from opening and giving the 'Welcome to Windows' information, also any of the extra tabs opened when first using M$ Edge are also suppressed. When you press the Home button you will be taken to Google.com, (which should switch to your native Language version). This option will be adjusted when the Chromium based Edge is mainstream.

+ Hopefully have fixed the asking to download .Net v3.5 when using MRP, this was an oversight on my part for using a older version of a internal tool when testing and forgetting to replace it with the newer one that suppresses that error if .Net v3.x is not found in the OS.

+ Updated MRPConfigCreator to v25.0 to cover all the above new options and updated some of the wording on the tool-tips etc where needed.

+ Added new Brand: Huananzhi, this can be user selected within the Creator or if you have one of these motherboards and the DMI has the information then will be auto-branded as normal. Thanks to @lazymind for the new theme files. Updated the oem's.7z file with the new brand.
    Hopefully this will be the last one for this year. But if any problems found then i will do my best to sort it before the 25th Dec. :)

8. fLOW.

fLOW. MDL Senior Member

Jul 28, 2009
    May i know which .reg entries this tool uses to prevent OneDrive from installing (and adding start menu shortcuts) during Windows installation?

9. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    The Christmas Edition ! :biggrin3:

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    PM sent as saves cluttering up the thread.:)

11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Sometimes there is a physical switch to change between the Gfx GPU's on older laptops, usually Intel is the default one. :g:

Or the BIOS may need updating to the latest version - i had this happen with the dual gfx laptop i have (PowerPC/Clevo)...

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I know, but i can't update the bios on 10, will install the original 7 and check biop6633_p6634.exe (don't want to f**k up the system entirely:D).

No switch found, and when i only install the intel driver or disable the nvidia gfx, it gets a low resolution (selector is greyed out then), the problem exists anyway:( I had this laptop over a year ago to try 10 on it, when upgrading from 7 it works best (iirc), testing all scenarios:)

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    ah yes - i had to use the windows 7 bios updater for this laptop. I was going to add SLIC 2.1 but i decided not to for a grand+ worth of laptop i not want to shaft it, like i did a Sony laptop a few years ago modifying it from Vista to 7 SLIC :D

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009