Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I have convo'd the test code i used.. You can test the various options it gives, such as startup repair, safe mode etc :)

I not added any options it is what the OS is preset with, much like holding slift key and restarting..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dirk-Jan Bouwman

Dirk-Jan Bouwman MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2019
    #5604 Dirk-Jan Bouwman, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Hello, I am new to MDL so may be I am doing something wrong here. You are referring to "2nd download link" on top of the message. I would like to explore your work and download this Chrismas Release. Can you help me out here, would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5606 mxman2k, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    (OP)
    MRP Latest News

The recent test of the Reboot to 'Advanced Boot Menu' option is working as intended, a full reboot and WinRE is carried out and not the 'fake' type.

When clicking that context menu option you will be asked for admin rights, as the REAgentC.exe requires it or the code routine cannot check and set the parameters needed...

Once UAC is OK'd OR If you have tweaked the UAC to be disabled/set to 'Never' then it will just instantly reboot the PC and go into the Advanced Boot Menu/WinRE system.

If you click 'No' on the UAC prompt, or if any other error happens, then it will just ignore the option and return control back to the user and no reboot occurs.

=========
    *edited wording to be clearer* :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    Maybe the fake button use :
    Code:
    shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 0

No DaRT display in the menu :(

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Indeed that method does not run the true WinRE environment and no integrated DaRT is available.

8. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    Have you tried RUNASINVOKE to suppress the uac prompt to boot into WinRE? Then would restart and boot into WinRE without clicking anything. ;)

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5611 mxman2k, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    (OP)
    I have tried the scheduled task manager way to create a task to run as Highest, exported the working task but then when importing it requires admin stuff which defeats the object! :( So that idea out at moment.

Have tried the Compat_Layer 'RunAsInvoker' SET command, but it not work the way i want to use it :(

cmd /min /C "set __COMPAT_LAYER=RUNASINVOKER && start "" "<pathtoscript\scriptname>""

Plus adding that into registry is a utter pain with loads of ' \" ' to escape the quote marks etc.

I have even tried reading the value from:
    "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"
    storing the result, setting it as 0 to 'Never prompt' run the 'reagentC' command and after replace the 0 with the stored value found before, and then reboot. --> No go there either as you cant set that reg entry and continue in the same script, no idea why but that the way it is.

I not want to resort to a 3rd party program just to run the script as admin because there should not be any need.

So until that can be sorted the UAC prompt will appear to those that leave the UAC settings alone (ie to prompt) if you use the 'Reboot To Advanced Boot Menu' option.

I guess it is a small price to pay, because it prevents accidentally clicking that context menu item and then suddenly being rebooted.. So i may leave it as it is.

When or if there is a easier way to silently elevate the process then i could then have the context menu have a side entry that you have to click to perform the reboot action so that would prevent selecting the item by mistake as you would have to on purpose click the side entry... :g:

Edit: The next MRP is in progress ( Beta Test #6 ):) it will be a while until it is ready...

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  11. whatever127

whatever127 MDL PHP Wizard

Nov 9, 2012
  12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Insider build detection is getting a bit more awkward as m$ does not seem stick to one format like it used to. :(

Was easy before such as xx_prerelease or having insider/preview in the OS Edition/Name etc.

The next MRP/QT releases will no longer show the '===[ Insider Build Data ]===' section which will save me a lot of time and effort trying to guess if it is or not. Those that install those builds will know if it is an insider build anyway. :)

When, (or IF), m$ settles on some easy to detect method like before then i may add that section back in.

Plus with new prospects this year, my time may be less than it has been, will just have to see how the health aspect pans out and if i am able to see my new career/business venture get started, only taken me 2yrs for all the planning and sorting finance/backing etc then to have a medical issue that put all that on hold for almost the last 10 months.

But it could of been a lot worse and I not be here to carry on - scary thought how close it was... :eek:

A bit late, but Happy New Year! :)

13. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  14. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  15. snoop1979

snoop1979 MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2011
    i've been using the MRPConfig during installation and it's been very useful so far. Is there a tool or way to use this tool in OOBE mode? If I go into audit mode then generalize al changes made by MRPConfig.ini get lost, is there a way to copy script into OOBE mode?

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    It not really designed for sysprep mode as it will just run the project all the way through, at one time it would pause when audit mode was detected but since so many things have changed within windows 10 since it first started sadly that part had to be removed due to major problems and 'lock-ups' during installation once back to generalize/oobe. :(

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Iirc, @The_Guardian just puts the MRP files in after he sysprepped the install, and when you finally go into user mode, it should run, he posted it somewhere a few months ago.

I always put in the files after capturing the audit install in vmware and use the created wim in my ISO to install.

18. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Knew someone had done a similar thing :D my memory is s**te recently :(