Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5642 mxman2k, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    (OP)
    Sorted :)

They are now added automatically to Control Panel's view for Windows 10 kernels only -- easier to show in a picture (see below) :D.

CPanelView.JPG Click for larger picture.

===========
    MRP is now at RC1 stage.

Query Tool v103.0 is now in final testing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LittlePro

LittlePro MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    :clap3::clap3::worthy::worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5647 mxman2k, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    (OP)
    MRP 121.0 RC2 News

Have managed to add the extra Control Panel items, ( 'All Tasks', 'Classic User Accounts' and 'Disk Management' ), for ALL supported OS's, it was a bit of a challenge because each OS has a slightly different Icon location or particular translatable wording table entry point.

The 'Classic User Accounts' one will always be in English as i cannot find any translatable table entry at this time.

Windows 7 showing the Control Panel Add-on's:
    W7-Control-Panel-Addons.JPG Click for larger picture.

Not tested 8.x yet but it should show them. :)

Remember that the above add-on's to the Control Panel are added automatically, they are not a option to select!

Also added a new W10 advanced option: Prevent Edge updating to the Chromium engine version, the code was all in MRP for a couple of months now but i never actually enabled the option to show in the Creator for user selection, ( it is now operative in v26 ), note that if/when m$ decide to integrate the Chromium version into the OS then this will no longer work and i will remove this option when the time arrives.

Testing continues...

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Query Tool v103.0 has been uploaded, 2nd post's download link, password and hashes updated. :)

+ Adjusted the Insider/Preview routine to only show if 3 points can be matched to establish if the build is actually a preview one, this change was due to the changes that m$ have made which can make checking for the type harder.

+ Removed the data line about 'Branch Readiness Level' as it is no longer currently used as such.

+ Some slight code tweaks here and there.

Mainly a small interim update.

MRP 121.0 will be released later tomorrow. :)

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v121.0 Base Line has been uploaded, the 2nd post's download link, password and hashes have been updated. :)

+ Added 6 new (or updated) options:

General OS/Extras {All supported OS's}:
    1} Remove 'Give access to' and Sharing Wizards from context menus.
    ** This is an advanced option as it not easy to revert this later so only select this option if you are sure you not want to see this menu. **

2} Show 'Open the location' of a File, Folder or Shortcut context menu.

3} Disable Video thumbnail files file being created within Explorer windows to allow easier move/delete operations.

Windows 8.x/10 Only:
    4} Reboot to 'Advanced Boot Menu' via 'ThisPC' context menu. Allows the use of the advanced recovery system to fix problems etc.

5} Disable the Automatic restarting of any Apps/Programs when PC has been rebooted. This is a policy edit and some other options regarding this within the PC Settings app may not be available or switchable. Experimental and may not always work.

6} Prevent M$ Edge from updating to the newer Chromium based version via Windows Update, this will not work when or if m$ integrate the Chromium based engine into the OS.

+ Updated the routine for the hide use/create 'Online Account' screen during OOBE/Setup to cover all Windows 10 Kernels.

+ Updated the SSDTweaks routine in which it will do more checks and if fails to set the required mode it will do a 2nd attempt during the Add-On Manager routine later.

+ For Insider/Preview builds the information section in the Project.log will ONLY now appear IF the build installed can be 3 point checked that it is such a build as M$ have made it more harder to determine this data via the old methods.

+ Fixed a cosmetic bug in which sometimes a OEM brand theme would fail to install or show the desktop background so you would end up with a black desktop! This is mostly for Windows 8.1 but it could affect other OS's so MRP will recheck certain theme files are actually copied to the correct places and re-copy them if not. It seems it was caused by a permission issue, hopefully this will no longer happen. Remember you MUST reboot after the desktop has appeared to make sure all settings/tweaks are enabled also if you use the thinner borders tweak then two reboots OR sign-out+sign-in are needed to make the borders tweak work, not sure why two are required but i have no other way.

+ Fixed a couple of small glitches with Windows 8.1 so that the Lock screen will show again (if selected), also the weird black titlebar that would sometimes appear after a reboot, now it will be a semi-grey color so that the title text is visible. The end user can still change the theme color via the 'Settings' App as normal if required.

+ Added some extra 'Control Panel' Addon's for all supported OS's: 'All Tasks' , 'Classic User Accounts' and 'Disk Management'.

** Note: The 'Classic User Accounts' Add-On will not translated into the OS's native Language at this time.

+ Updated the Creator {v26.0} to include the above new options.

+ Re-wording on some log entries which hopefully makes things clearer.

7. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    I found a slight spelling error yesterday in previous version and I had to check if its still present and it is.

In "GUI Results mode" it says "No problem manufacture detected."

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Will sort it for next release :)

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  10. snoop1979

snoop1979 MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2011
    I got a bit caught up with other stuff but that's so great to hear!! Thats exactly what i need, thanks for testing.
    I will do my MRPConfig preferences and start restoring my PC's with printers and programs already installed and report back.

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I don't know for sure, but don't generalize in this scenario, it probably uninstalls the drivers.

I never used it this way, i always sysprep for using the captured wim in an iso for installing.

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009