Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 133 is now at RC1 stage and on course for release soon. :)

Also updated the Creator v38 with the two new special App removal selectors for 'Phone' and 'Xbox'.

Just a few little bits to tidy up when i get time.

Remember selecting any App for removal will add time to your installation by about 3 or 4 seconds per App being removed this is because quite a lot of actions are done to cleanly remove and prevent reinstall later, however some System Apps may return with a later CU or OS Upgrade over the top.

For example if you remove all possible Apps including the special ones then expect a delay of 2 or more minutes, (depending on PC speed etc), before you get to the User Oobe section where you select online network connection and user details...

If you have used any other tool to remove any Apps from the install.wim/ESD then MRP will skip those selected in the Creator if they are not present.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Sweet work as always:)

FYI:
    With newer versions Im getting annoying message from MS Defender, it "found" Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B in C:\Windows\Setup\MRP3\ChkValid.exe
    I know its a false positive but still. Im guessing not all FP's can be fixed?

3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Sadly not, that exe is for checking strings or variables paased to it for any invalid characters, if found they are converted to either a space, a underline or the invalid character is removed, such as & ()!+^"?<>| that can crash scripts.

Anything in qt or mrp are falsely detected, usually because they written in autoit or compiled with exe2script.

I have seen once a report that the changelog.txt was a virus!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Another possible reason the projects exe files are flagged is when i update them with newer versions such as that chkvalid.exe was.

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    The app removal stuff was mainly added for those that are not comfortable with app removal tools which touch the wim side.

I was asked if i could add app removals and after a bit of thought put the routines in, nothing special just powershell commands and a few reg entries to help prevent reinstalls of them. That is the reason it adds the extra time per app removal to the os install time.

I avoid removing apps that can cause problems later such as cloudexperiencehost and other ones i have noticed cause bsods and other major crashes etc.

Research takes the time when adding any new option to make sure a safe way is done. Sadly sometimes things can go off the rails but they happen less now.

6. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
  7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    that is strange!

Looks like the first script ran twice for some reason :g: as it repeats some of the data.

As i not used the sysprep way i never have problems... Me and sysprep never get on i always screw something up :D

I gather Enth may do a test as i know he uses sysprep a few times in his tests on many installs for office etc...

I cant think of why or how it was run twice, also that huge gap in the log as nothing creates a space like that :g:

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Will see if i can see anything that could cause the double run...

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  10. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    it never happened before but it could be something with my base image (Lang, version, updates):)

Enth: You copy scripts folder to C:\windows\setup and then capture or edit the install.wim after capturing? I pretty much do what the link says but its all done automatic and then i "sysprep /oobe /shutdown"

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    This is the install on real hardware for real use, not for capturing after but deliver a system like an oem does, with the oobe at startup for the client.

When capturing for mass distribution i can put in the MRP stuff afterwards by $OEM$ folder or directly into the wim:\index\windows\setup\scripts\ by using wimlib-imagex (no mounting needed).

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    :D :D im an expert at that recently with mrp coding :p

Although i manage to fix things quickly :)

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    On ltsc/ltsb any non existent apps will get skipped ;)

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v133 is at RC2 stage, also QT v112 is on course for being ready too!

Been very busy recently, so not had as much time to work on the coding, but have managed to find a bit of time this morning to get a few more bits done as soon as i got home.

If all goes well then all will be released by end of the week ~ maybe sooner. :)

The project has now reached 200 options in the Creator!! :eek:

Plenty for those who wish to tweak their installs in some way. :)

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6778 mxman2k, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    (OP)
    MRP v133 is at RC3 stage...

A small tweak to the XBox removal routine to speed things up a little - if that is possible with powershell :D:D

Remember that if you remove all apps plus the Phone and XBox ones it can take up to 10 minutes give or take before you get to the user oobe stage so be prepared for a wait, sadly nothing i can do about that as it is all governed by the speed of your device's cpu and system drive , vm's will probably take a bit longer.

If you remove any apps via other tools from the WIM beforehand then it should be faster if you selected any apps of the same name in MRP's options as they will just get skipped...

The creator now states in the information part on the W10 Apps Tab that the more apps selected for removal the longer it can take.

Creator-info4.JPG Click for larger picture.

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007