Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    The next MRP {v136} is under way!

One new W10 option added and functioning :)

One major change made is the clean-up routine, no longer will it be 'silent' even if the run silent MRP option is used, this is due to some OS conflicts with the silent running vbs, plus as the clean up is fairly quick any screen{s} appearing will not be shown for long anyway.

I may also adjust the code to ignore the run silent option when any supported Server OS is installed as they are very fussy on how things are done and if a failure for any reason occurred then you really want to see what has gone wrong so you can fix it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dozer

dozer MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2010
    mxman, hola from Mexico!

fyi, the upload.ee site appears to be down/dead...it does not respond at all....so the 3 extra items with only a single DL link (at upload.ee) are unavailable. The main tool and query tool had a 2nd link provided, and they worked fine.

If I understand correctly, those two items should be all I actually need for a basic win7 fix and install on a few old Thinkpads (T60, T61, X200s).

Thought you'd want to know.

...and Muchas Gracias! for all your work and skill and generosity in sharing with us. :)

Rico

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The Query Tool also has a working sendspace mirror.

You only have to put the ready made $OEM$ folder and the provided ei.cfg into the sources folder of the ISO.

If you want to make use of the pre-settings options, create an ini file using the config creator and put the ini file in the $OEM$ folder, where the other files are too.

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I will get around to adding mirror links for the other files, it just time is limited at the moment for me.

At some point i will update the readme files as well mainly because some bits are outdated as most not been touched for ages.

The basics are the same, extract the project's $oem$ folder , place in the sources folder of the iso/usb , use ei.cfg from optional folder in sources folder too and the branding and slic activation is taken care of ,if dmi info available.

Use the creator program to set any tweaks etc put the ini created in the folder next to decompile.exe (scripts folder within the $oem$ one) and mrp will do those tweaks etc during installation etc.

:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dozer

dozer MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2010
    Yes, it sounds wonderfully simple and straightforward! mxman et al have done a good thing here.

My only concern at this time is that the main/first post suggested that it will maybe fail on an optimized/slipstreamed ISO...which is exactly what I want to make and install ! LOL. But I think the readme's will tell me more about this, so I am not worried yet.

Rico

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Only certain 3rd party iso such as gen2 ones can fail due to how they are made.

I have adjusted mrp's code to try and work on even self modified/slipsteamed images, but some options, if used may not operate if some os parts been removed that they need to work. Majority should be ok and mrp will either ignore or state any errors in the log.

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #7050 mxman2k, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    (OP)
    I will add that link to the download link post in morning as at work and on a phone which is bloody awkward to copy/paste :D

EDIT: Download links added to 2nd Post section....

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    :p

Break over, always goes too fast.

11. dozer

dozer MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2010
    gracias mxman! That sounds fine.

I will indeed avoid those pre-made/hacked iso's. I plan to "make my own", but by having someone do it for me. I can no longer do it myself :( Years ago, I worked with PC's a lot, and I invest hundreds of hours in research and learning, to do my own SLP bios to make win2k laptop accept XP, with no activate (worked!), and learned XP internals, and nLite, to make my own optimized XP, with all drivers, and made a delightful single-command-install CD for thinkpads (worked!).

But since I had my stroke, I now cannot keep such long/large/complex projects in my mind any more. :( I can still perfectly understand what I read, as it goes by...but I just cannot keep an 'image' of the whole big project in my head any more.
    So when I am done learning all I can of win7 (never used it) and how to optimize it for old laptops... and learn all the updates to XP since 2010 (e.g. the unofficial SP4, the unofficial faster video drivers, newer wifi, etc etc), then I will ask someone to make a "just right" dual-boot install DVD for me, ready-to-run. Until then, I will keep reading and learning....and replace my lost abilities by making notes every 5 minutes!...LOL

thank you again mx. I appreciate you and the other coding/giving members so very much,

Rico

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    In march 2019 i had a type of stroke, it almost finished me off.

See my post here for what happened, so i know about memory problems, im a lot better than i was back then.

I refused to give in and kept working on this project as soon as i got home, well not the same day maybe a couple of days after.

Short term memory can still be a problem still, but long term is ok.

My consultant was not too impressed i was doing more than i should of straight away but as i live alone, if i not do things it not get done.

Lost a few friends too but then it is their loss in the end.

Anyway thats enough of my sorry life.

13. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 136 is at BT4 stage :D

Added another w10 option that is now in testing :)

Fixed a glitch with the 'Disable Find My Device' option that sometimes was not setting in the OS.

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    The previous added new W10 option added was:

[HQVNP] Hide the 'Quick Access' view on Explorer's Navigation Panels.

Which is fully operative :)

The newest option is for enabling the 'classic' view 'Use Compact Mode' for File Explorer windows, this is for build 21337 and later, the option is auto disabled on older builds as it not operative.

16. BearPaws

BearPaws MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2008
    Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the OEM branding option of MRP. I want to just use the MRP Config Creator without applying any OEM branding to the target PC/Laptop… Can I just use the General tab in MRP Config Creator: Custom Theme and select WindowsDefault? Will that be enough? I do not want any branding or Device Model Name to be applied at the end of the installation. Do I need to modify the OEM's.7z file to achieve that result? Thanks