Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

I know the registry code to revert it :)

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #7142 mxman2k, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    (OP)
    Some may not know how to revert :)

Open command window as admin and enter the line below, refresh explorer to show results:
    Code:

REG Delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" /v "ShowDriveLettersFirst" /f

Values that alter this setting
    [delete registry entry] = Default OS setting.
    0 = Show all drive letters after drive labels. Also the OS default setting.
    1 = Show only network drive letters before drive labels.
    2 = Hide all drive letters.
    4 = Show all drive letters before drive labels.

The one that was inadvertently used in MRP:
    Code:

REG add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" /v "ShowDriveLettersFirst" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f

**EDIT**
    Have now added that 'drive letter view' as a multi-selection option in the Creator and MRP for the next release. :)

DLview.PNG

Testing in progress...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. But why was the code to make the drive letters appear before labels added in MRP in the first place? :thinking:

3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    As i mentioned in my other post above, it was added as a early type of option - way before i added in the Creator + ini system, it was simply a line of code left over, most likely caused by a revert of a test MRP at some stage that failed, so reverted back to a previous working script and forgot to remove that line.

It just 'one of those things' ...

It has been sorted now for the next release.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Actually, I prefer it that way and thus never noticed it.
    Who knows what else lurks in the depths of that code. And that's actually nothing compared to the complexity of the Windows code. So, oddities and issues in Windows are expected. Something to consider.

5. Yes, I also prefer it that way, but some users may not like it ;)

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I have looked through the main code of the project and cannot see anything else hiding in the shadows, that was one that sneaked past the gremlin sensors. :D

At least now it is a more elaborate user multi-select option. :)

Testing has been successful and it will be in the next release.

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    With MRP v137+ if an Insider Build is detected then some options will be auto disabled to prevent odd WU problems it may also fix some other obscure glitches too?

Thanks to @Enthousiast for his mega install marathon yesterday which narrowed the options down to a few that seem to affect the Windows Updates operation of the newer Insider Builds.

As m$ are now using the new 'Dev' reference on these newer Insider Builds, and not always using the old way of adding the 'Insider Preview' reference, this then caused the option(s) that upset WU was not auto disabled as MRP did not detect the flag/reference that it was a Preview installation.

Hopefully that is now sorted and the glitch(es) are fixed.

Note on the newer Server Insider Builds the detection is not fool proof and so those options that can cause WU glitches may be not be auto disabled!

8. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #7152 mxman2k, Apr 24, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    (OP)
    Testing three new W10 options... :)

1) Show more copy details in the Copy dialog window.
    2) Expand the Explorer window's Ribbon Menu. A reboot or logout/in cycle needed to make it work.
    3) Disable the 'First Logon Animation' after a OS Upgrade or CU, basically that window that appears when you upgraded the OS, it is to show about new stuff etc. This one may or may not work as intended as M$ may force the animation regardless.

There was 4 but one failed to operate as expected and decided to scrap that one, it only expanded the Task Manager window, but the registry's 'BINARY' data was never consistent. I may look into that later on when time permits.

Testing is in progress...

Also hopefully fixed the detection of Insider builds for Server and non Server builds, cannot guarantee it will be always successful as m$ keep changing things so detection is not as easy as it once was.

---------------------​

As my ISP decided to price hike my internet/TV cable package as my contract has ended and as i was not happy with the amount (45% increase!!) , i rang them and sort of let rip at them :oops: and so now it has gone to the retentions department, as a result, my services have been suspended until an agreement can be reached.

So due to this i have had to tether my mobile/cell phone and its a miserable experience, but at least i can get some sort of connection when i am at home for now.

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #7153 mxman2k, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    (OP)
  11. JanCerny

JanCerny MDL Senior Member

Sep 13, 2012
  12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #7159 mxman2k, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    (OP)
    Server 2022 is a bit of a odd ball, at present i cannot find any valid new OEM-SLP keys or Certificates for SLIC v2.6 activation, once i do they will be added into MRP, so sadly SLIC activation via MRP will not work for now on Server 2022.

Also sometimes it not always allow oobe.cmd to be run, @Enthousiast can hopefully mention a bit more info on that side of his findings, as during testing MRP RCx and as it appears that the OS Build appears out of MS Testing/Insider, that the keys used before no longer work to activate the OS.

KMS appears to be a bit hit and miss too, but that maybe due to the SetupComplete.cmd not always being run either when you add the KMS stuff into the Sources folder...

MRP 137 and QT 115 will hopefully detect the presence now of v2.6 SLIC tables, it is only guess work at the moment for that and so may not always work as expected as some tools may need to be updated for the new 2.6 version.

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #7160 Enthousiast, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021