Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    That's what i meant, on normal installs it didn't show up, only on mrp installs with all boxes ticked:)

2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    It appears that the bcd flight signing is not actually set at early stages of oobe setup as no mention of it in the mrp log.

It must be set after the first stage.

I added checks for the bcd one also registry query, neither seems to be set during that early stage.

At least the query tool picked the bcd change. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    That's what i asked for:hug2:

4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    On my laptop w10 21h2 it had bcd flight sign enabled no idea why as it not an insider build or have that part in settings enabled.

Have disabled it in bcd now on my laptop. I only found that out when testing qt122 on my laptop earlier today after i added the checks in.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I also added it into mrp, but looks like it not set up that early on in oobe which is interesting so i wonder if all insider installs are set like that? Then once installed it gets the bcd part etc switched on.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I could test that by keeping the install disconnected?

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    It must still get set later on it during user oobe part.

Just odd how ms turn it on at that later stage.

It may be something for later insider builds for the changes ms made for the new channels?

Odd it was set on my laptop on a older w10, it not affect anything, just weird it set.

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I do find some strange things out in my mrp coding :D

Remember the edition switch and composition fiasco stuff.

All by accident :eek:

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    At least mrp 145 bc8 not crash and my few other edits on other coding look ok too. :)

Well food is calling so off for my break :D

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Finally i hear you say :D - The Query Tool v122.0 has been uploaded, 2nd post's download link, password and hashes has been updated.

+ Added current theme, {when testing}, WallpaperStyle value, such as Center, Span etc.

+ HVCI {Enable virtualization-based protection of code integrity} status.

+ CPU Family Data will only be a numeric value as the database is not accurate with the text information due to rapid changing data.

+ Added checks for insider 'FlightSigning' mode within the BCD and registry queries. These if present will be shown in the report.

+ Various internal code updates.

Short summary but as many things have happened over the past few weeks, i had lost my notes, managed to work out most of what was done as shown above in the changelog/summary.

Thought it was time to get the QT out the door as it been a while since v121.0 :D

----------
    Now to make time to finish MRP 145, delayed because of some internal code errors and had to fix those , rare they would happen but there is always that slim chance it would.

Nothing show stopping just very odd results or strangely aligned log entries.

11. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  12. siliconbeaver

siliconbeaver MDL Member

Apr 29, 2022
    "I don't have internet"

hmm, in my weekend tests, on same HP desktop computer disconnecting internet,

Win11 install, no this message pop-up. hence I had to go MS account. Otherwise no go. I did re-install three times today. no way to detour.
    however,
    Win10 install, this message pop-up. therefore a local account was made.

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #8255 mxman2k, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
    (OP)
    If you are not using the MRPConfigCreator you wont have access to that option.

When using the Creator and selecting just that option , or others, then placing the generated MRPConfig.ini file next to the Decompile.exe in the Scripts folder then MRP will then use that .ini file and any of the other tweaks/options you have selected within it on the respective OS or Build.

If an option will not work on a OS or Build then MRP will auto ignore or disable it depending on which option that cannot be used etc.

The added bonus of this is that you can set up a single '.ini' file with all your options for multiple OS's and MRP will just use the ones for the installed OS and not for the wrong one etc.

MRP is about choice, the user can have it plain like it was originally when it very was first started in 2010, (see here for that first incarnation), then the @The_Guardian took over the helm in 2014, (see here), then i took over in 2016 and it is where it is today.

This #3 version that i maintain is the same basic principle, because many of the internal elements are the same untouched code, but i had later added the Creator system to allow the user to have some pre-done tweaks to the OS so that there is less work to do when the OS has installed.

Nothing is forced on the user, all options have tool-tips that appear when the mouse is hovered over them and some have message boxes that appear when selected for more information, where needed, to mention that the option can affect something etc.

All options are under Tabs in the creator to indicate which OS they will work on, some can be used on all supported OS's , other are specific.

Note that when using the MRPConfigCreator.exe some if not most A/V's will treat it as a threat of some kind, it is safe it just that m$ not like AutoIT , the program it is written with, and so tell all AV makers it classed as a nasty.

Windows 11 is still evolving and so some options may not work at a later time or when a newer CU was added etc.

14. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #8256 Mr.X, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
    Thanks a lot good sir.

LOL VirusTotal reports a lot less alerts for this last QT version compared to previous versions:
    vt.png

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Adding remove 'Pin To Start Menu' option for Win1x , it should remove the 'pin to start' line on the Recycle bin if nothing else, because that is so annoying when you click that instead of 'Empty Bin'. :)

I did add it in ages ago but then the code got removed when i had to revert the main MRP code back for something else and never re-added it as i never got to add it in as a option for Win 1x.

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I got tired of trying to get as low flag count on AV's etc, nothing is malicious in MRP or the QT as if it was then the project would soon be removed from MDL.

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009