Need Help! - Installing Microsoft Office 2016

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by DangerLifeScared, Jul 26, 2021.

1. DangerLifeScared

DangerLifeScared MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2021
    Hi Everyone,

After taking 20 mins to find the button to create a new thread / post. I am finally able write to you all for some help.

I am very new to this forum, but I really like the vast amount of information / tools / stuff available on this forum. I have absolutely no idea, as to how I stumbled upon this great forum, but I am really thankful for this coincidence.

Now to the main point. I have an old Windows 7 PC, on which, I would like to install Microsoft Office 2016 or any latest version which works fine on this OS. I went through a lot of these threads for installing office and all, but I will be very honest, I barely understood 30% or less, of what was written there. There are so many technical terminologies and steps, that I could barely grasp anything out of it.

I would really appreciate, if someone can please help me with the following :

1) Which product of office should I download for Windows 7 ? & for Windows 10 ? For eg - Office 2016 or Office 2019 and so on. There seems to be so many of these versions. I am also aware of this MSDN tool to download the latest image, but where do I download this tool from ?

2) What is Retail and Volume version of Office ? What does it mean by converting a Retail to Volume ? why do we do that ?

3) What are these channels ?

"Office 2016, 2019 & 2021 (all available Suites and Apps):
    Download, install, convert to VL and KMS activate from standard official Office client distribution channels:
    1.) "Current" Channel ( = Retail / RTM )
    2.) "CurrentPreview" Channel ( = Office Insider Slow )
    3.) "BetaChannel" ( = Office Insider Fast )
    4.) "MonthlyEnterprise"
    5.) "SemiAnnual" Channel ( = Business )
    6.) "SemiAnnualPreview" Channel ( = Business Insider )
    7.) "PerpetualVL2019" ( = Office 2019 Volume )
    8.) "PerpetualVL2021" ( = Office 2021 Volume )"

4) What is the next step after downloading and installing the Office 20XX ? What I am vaguely aware off, that we need to do something with KMS Script or some thing. Can you please help me with the download link ? I remember that these office KMS used to have this GUI based interface for easy installation, can you please help me with that ?

" Retail: needed/required CONVERSION / KMS preparation:

Office 2019 Retail to Volume conversion tool 'C2R-R2V' (by @abbodi1406)
    -> C2R-R2V
    or
    -> OfficeRTool"

Which one to use and install ?

5) What else do I need to do after this ? is office ready to use ? is KMS safe ?

I am pretty sure there would have been people like me before, asking the same questions. I would appreciate, if you can direct me to a similar post that answers these questions, or would be kind enough to help me out. I really appreciate the help you offered!!

On a side note, please understand, I am new to this forum, I am not intentionally trying to violate any forum rules, but if I have, I would like to apologize in advance. Kindly guide me, so that I would make the same mistake again.

Appreciate the help!
    Thank You!

2. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    download LTSC 2019 2021 ~ VL Edition only
    too much information isn't good for know body

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...