OEM Recovery Partition Creator for Windows

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by AnarethoS, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    isn't wwork, use the files in the Recovery Project

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi everyone.

Sorry for the delay for the next version. Lots of stuff at my job, vacations, etc.

For now, it seems that .PPKG file cannot be splited into smaller file and SWM file cannot rally "split" a file. Which mean that a 5gb PPGK file will always result to at least one 5gb SWM file.

Curriouslt, the "built-in" recovery generator for Windows 10 seems to be able to split the PPKG file so I still have to figure out how this is done.

For now, if you PPGK file to bigger thant 4gb, I will recommend you to use the "built-in" recovery image of Windows 10. Under 1803 it seems to be working again.

If I don't find a way to split PPKG file into smaller piece I will use a turn around. Windows 10 now support multiple partition on USB key, so I will probably create 2 partition on the recovery media, The boot one in FAT32 for UEFI support and one in NTFS format holding all the SWM file.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    I agree. Is new and simple and if is work is the principal. :)

4. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    I am working on the new recovery option.

I am trying to integrate WMI information into AutoIT to get the drive informations.

5. vigipirate

vigipirate MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2011
    hello thank you for your work it is the best backup for backup system your script is awesome we look forward to your new update is not to put it in beta to reassemble the test on a PC maximium to have less of bug again thanks anarethos

6. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    #3186 Chibi ANUBIS, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  7. PJ-DCM

PJ-DCM MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2018
    #3187 PJ-DCM, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Hello guys.
    Hope you can help me and sorry for my poor English.

I'm trying to use this wonderfull utility but I'm facing a little problem.
    I'm using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 x64 with BIOS MBR default settings.
    I think I did everything right.
    I can create and use an USB recovery drive but, when I want to reset computer using recovery environment, it starts reseting the machine but finishes to display "undoing changes" and says "There was a problem reseting…"
    I tried with the two recovery modes and result is the same.
    Is it a known issue? Is there something I did wrong?

Thank you for your help.

8. vigipirate

vigipirate MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2011
    hello did you change a partition

9. PJ-DCM

PJ-DCM MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2018
    Thank you for your answer.

No I didn't change anything.
    I have the 3 partitions (WinRE, system reserved, all) made with diskpart and recreatepartition.txt.
    I thought it could be because of missing Ei.cfg and PID.txt and I created them.
    But no joy, always same trouble.
    Then, I thought it could be because of an update and I tried without no updates and same result.

10. silekonn

silekonn MDL Junior Member

Mar 5, 2011
    @PJ-DCM For troubleshooting we need your Panther/etc. logs.

11. PJ-DCM

PJ-DCM MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2018
    Thank you, I will provide you all you need but were can I find it? ^^

12. silekonn

Mar 5, 2011
    #3193 silekonn, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    @PJ-DCM

Questions:
    1. What version of the scanstate files? Your DISM shows 14393.
    2. The fourth and fifth screenshots show an error. Would you mind translating?
    3. Logs are: C:\Recovery\OEM\ScanState\amd64\scanstate.log & C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\Panther . Look those over. If you can't figure it out, 7-zip them and attach them or filedropper_com .
    4. Why did you change your shirt during the installation?

13. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    Please send a message to AnatheroS for a old version, if you use a build 14393. He didn't work with the last version of this Recovery, many change is Added.

14. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Just for info perhaps it is out of topic but yesterday I tried to reset the en_windows10 enterprise ltsc2019 and faced the exactly same issue. Please notice I don't use Anatheros tool. So perhaps it is coming from this edtion of Windows. If someone else tried to reset this version it could be helpful to share that experience.

15. PJ-DCM

PJ-DCM MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2018
    Hi Silekonn, thank for your answer.

About hwcompat.dll, I do have this file in sources folder.
    And about Scanstate files I used the ones in Windows 10 ADK, like it was indicated in Anaretos manual.

But I downloaded the last one. I wasn't aware that Windows 10 ADK was related with the different build.
    I will perform more tests after download the Windows 10 ADK 1607.

Thank you.

16. silekonn

Mar 5, 2011
    @AnarethoS I don't expect you need a copy of the 1809 RTM ISO. If you do, I can point you to one with checksums. I have no requests and am just offering a bit of assistance if needed. Thank you for your great project.

17. UnknownUser123

UnknownUser123 MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2018
    #3200 UnknownUser123, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018