OEM Recovery Partition Creator for Windows

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by AnarethoS, Sep 11, 2010.

1. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
  2. luky

luky MDL Addicted

Dec 21, 2008
    I am wondering if this error always occurs and does not affect the implementation of the program, whether there is a need for a setting.

Thank you.

3. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. luky

luky MDL Addicted

Dec 21, 2008
    Thank you!

5. weisimeng

weisimeng MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2017
    #3265 weisimeng, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019

6. luky

luky MDL Addicted

Dec 21, 2008
    Please link to download?

7. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    Good job, you can show my work also, follow my signature ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    #3268 tcntad, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    I could probably do a simple instruction video, alittle too shy to talk tho:)
    Im trying to get your tool to work in MS Deployment Toolkit first

Edit 2:
    Im having issues with finishing sysprep, recieving an error that it cant find (registry?) values but making a recovery file in Customizations seems to work, after that sysprep fails.
    Most likely WU was working in the background which made DISM fail.. I'll make a backup of my laptop and continue work there

Edit 3:
    Using a USB-drive and my laptop not connected to LAN made it. Working

Attached Files:

• A1.png
      A1.png
      File size:
      396.8 KB
      Views:
    • A4.png
      A4.png
      File size:
      420.6 KB
      Views:
  9. Gazer022

Gazer022 MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2015
    Registry that cannot be found error is for enable Auto download user Apps (CandyCrash ,etc) if you use the include autoattended.xml in your install, otherwise ignore it
    sysprep will be broken if connected to internet because it download Microsoft Not so useful Apps automatically (like candycrash, etc), you can fix it by uninstall all Microsoft app (you can't install system app). Its fine to uninstall those app since it will re download in first user boot.

On other hand

Tested FULL recovery on USB drive on a physical machine and its working
    Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.292
    Recovery version 4.1.1
    Scanstate for 1809

Thanks anarethos

10. silekonn

silekonn MDL Junior Member

Mar 5, 2011
    I am using 4.1.1. I would like to know if recovery media can be created prior to sysprep's completion. I would like to give the system and recovery media to people. Any assistance is appreciated. TIA

11. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Well, you can "cheat".

When the computer boot the first time (in OOBE), simply open a command prompt by pressing SHIFT+F10 (if I remember correctly, just check Google) and start the menu from "c:\Recovery\OEM\Menu\Recovery%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%.exe"

Then create the media.

When everything is completed, simply shutdown the computer with the command "shutdown -s -f -t 01"

12. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Interesting, never thougt of it.
    Sysprep doesnt use /Generalize right? So drivers would be saved? Even VM has some general ones i guess

13. luky

luky MDL Addicted

Dec 21, 2008
    @tcntad

If you succeeded, please write down the procedure how you did it, because I would also like to do this, but I do not succeed, or I'm doing something wrong.

14. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Succeeded with Recovery tool in VMware?
    Shoudnt be any problems if you use AutoUnattend.xml in root of the ISO.

OR MS Deployment Toolkit?

15. silekonn

silekonn MDL Junior Member

Mar 5, 2011
    #3275 silekonn, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    For this system I needed additional configuration post-sysprep. I am not sure that would have succeeded. When the system was OOBE'd and started it ran a post-OOBE that appeared to install or configure some of the recovery software.
    I now have a problem. I would like to create recovery media and it has repeatedly failed. It was wiping the drive (ostensibly) and opening an explorer window with the "BOOT" volume seeking a format, then erroring "Code 4" last night. This morning it doesn't make it that far part of the time (see pic1). Please assist. TIA
    P. S. Does the script rely upon diskmgmt.msc ?

--FIXED. Your USB drive cannot start as GPT.

Attached Files:

16. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    When you go out the next version ? :)

17. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Lastes version is out since one month (or so) already. Didn't even started working on a new one :)

18. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Yes, I just the Generalize option but Windows 10 (as opposite to Windows 7 and 8) keeps the drivers.

Anyway, on Windows 7/8/8.1 I put a command in the sysprep.xml file to force keeping the drivers even using the generalize option.

I prefer to generalize the system. This way, if you have multiple identical system, you can use the same installation media on all opf them and don't face any SID problem when joining a domain or WSUS, etc.

19. hassoum

hassoum MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2015
    very good job man :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    is there any way to work with ppkg archive it could be great !!??:thinking: