OEM Recovery Partition Creator for Windows

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by AnarethoS, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LuCeR0

LuCeR0 MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012

Attached Files:

3. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi everyone.

I may sound stupid but I didn't really followed up with Windows 11 at all.

Waht is now the best way to create a EnUS/FrFr/FrCa ISO (3 language based on the EnUs) with all the language pack, tools, add-on, etc ?

In the past I foud a script that I modified. I needed the original EnUs ISO + language-pack ISO, cabs, etc.

Is there any easier way now?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    W10MUI from @abbodi1406 does the job

5. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
  6. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
  7. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Oh! The URL are in the integration tools, I forgot!

Ok. I will work on that. Thanks.

8. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    Is good for you ? I can help you

9. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Forgot I had access to VLSC so I downloaded the Language + AddON ISO for 22H2 directly.

Working on the integration right now. After that I will have my new 22H2 ISO and I will start working on testing/valiating/fixing my tools.

10. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    Interesting :D

11. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Ok ... now testing my tools with 22H2. Didn't touch at it since last december.

Things I will have to add first : enabling the local account in Windows 11. Da*n you Microsoft for forcing us to use online account! (basically, I will add the reg entry from the BypassNRO file).

12. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    - Windows 11 22H2 iso done
    - ADK downloaded for 22H2 and new Scanstate files extracted
    - Installation of Windows 11 Pro done
    - Capture (with new ISO/Scanstate) done
    - Local recovery Done

I now have to check and confirm the full bare metal recovery using my custom tools.

So far so good for 22H2 with all the good files.

I must say that I test under Vmware with UEFI+SecureBoot+TPM (virtual). I don't test with any other "bypass" solution (BIOS, No-TPM, Windows 10 installer + Windows 11 WIM, etc.) and I don't plan to.

The option BypassNRO is added during the Sysprep phase AND during the recovery process so local accout can be used without Internet on PRO version (didn't tried with Home though).

anyone got specials bugs that I need to look into ?

13. vigipirate

vigipirate MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2011
    hello Anarhetos can you have the future update for creation on USB key not to create two UEFI scores Simply only one in fat 32 with image of capture swm or alor put a suplimental tab to create an ISO of USB key because as I said so as to have an image of ISO more I use your script but I have Opt for something else I install directly Windows ISO Derniere Build on USB key Restarting in Sysprep Win7.10.11 ECT ... Installation of drivers and software then I restart in a Winpe with graphics explorer capture the C: \ with dism Gui then when a new Windows Build update REPUTION OF THE SAND IMAGE INSTALL.WIM I replace install.wim from the USB key by capture and reinstallation without problem what I mean is that your recovery oem 5.0.4 and the best and I Thanks for your work but I think it can be improved to see this if it is possible because since windows 10 there are more recovery oem partition on the disk where to install windows see to create in the autounatten.xml bios and ue Fi Example UEFI FAT32 5 A 6 GB Installation of your script as for Windows 7 to create a recovery partition on the disk with backup USB key like pc fabicants an option because I do not know how to create organic and UEFI additional partitions There was Windows 7 I don't know why Microsoft withdraw this OEM partition which works very well! In time engraving on DVD replacing by USB key can you please during the next update Add this option Pus the bones of the Win7.8.1.10.11 for Bios and UEFI thanks in advance

14. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    Yeah I try many scenario also, and no problem for me.

15. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    I just foud a weird bug, but I don't know exaclty why.

If I activate Windows 11 (with the HWID stuff) during the Audit phase, the activation is lost and not working at all after the OOBE pass. But, if I do a system recovery from the local image (rebuild), then it works again.
    No problem activating through KMS.

Looks like something got broken during the sysprep phase that got fixed again after a full recovery. Weird.

i tested the "custom image" USB recovery and it works also.

I will complete some of my test and then maybe update somme of the internal tools (file browser, clamAV, etc.)

Thanks all!

16. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestion, but since DVD drive are no longer included with most computer and not at all with regular laptop, I will not add the ISO option.

As for the 2 partions on the USB drive, the problem is that Windows don't allow formatting in FAT32 drive larger than 32gb. And UEFI need FAT32 to boot. So using 1 partition lock out any drive larger than 32gb.
    Also, the "WIM" slpit method only compress files and spread them into multiple SWM file. But, say, if someone has kep a 6GB ISO file on the Windows partition, one the the SWM file will be bigger than 4gb and won't fit on a FAT32 drive.
    For the abore reasons, I will stay with my 2 partition on the drive.

17. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    Yeah I activate with OOBE-Custom.cmd because tokens.dat is rebuilt...

18. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    5.0.5 is out.

- 22H2 confirmed OK.
    - The "Required Files Package" is updated (link in firt post) with the good Scanstate files
    - 5.0.5 also enable (for Windows 11 Pro) the Microsoft Account requirement so you can create a local account
    - Upgraded the antivirus from the Windows 10/11 tools and the file browser in the WinRE environment to latest version

19. patris971

patris971 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2012
    Hello
    Wonderful, I'm going to test it all this weekend :thumbsup:

20. rhahgleuhargh

rhahgleuhargh MDL Member

Feb 9, 2015
    #3620 rhahgleuhargh, Nov 13, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    Hello,
    Thanks for the update !!
    I'm currently testing your updated tools with Windows 11 Pro.
    All seems to work good except that I was forced to use a Microsoft Account at OOBE, even with MAJ+F10 OOBE\BYPASSNRO command didn't work. But no matters.
    EDIT : I forgot to disable Internet connection, it's probably the reason...