OEMBIOS Backup

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by 38956, Jun 3, 2011.

1. drak00

drak00 MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2018
    #41 drak00, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
  2. eyespy

eyespy MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2015
    Hello All, :)

Can someone answer this question for me please!, in respect of the first post, it states using the M$ Genuine Advantage diagnostic tool & if the If your "Product ID Type" is "2 - OEM SLP" then you can proceed with the OEMbios backup tool. However I have the odd case that that under Product ID type my Dell XP-Home PC states that the
    Windows Product ID Type is: 3 (Not 2)
    Windows License Type: "OEM System Builder"
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.3.0.home

PC = Dell Optiplex 755 series Tower
    Can I still use the OEM Backup util (post 1) to backup my OEM files (or will it be a futile exercise?) This PC was never shipped with a re installation CD & I was hoping to make a re installation backup CD with a "generic" OEM XP-Home Vers? anybody have experience or knowledge of this?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight given
    David :)

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. eyespy

eyespy MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2015
    #44 eyespy, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    @ Commodore, :D
    Many thanks for your reply,
    I did manage to record the following info from the msdiag tool
    [Edited as per request to use code tags in post below]
    Code:
    OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 1A0E7:Dell Inc|1A0E7:Microsoft Corporation
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005
    i will get back to you on the dos Boot disk thingy to see if an oem slp string in the bios is present & or matches the above, if I manage to obtain a slp string is there a fair chance that the https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/how-to-create-pro-oem-slp-cd.7580/ will be do-able? If not, I might have to either clone/Image the drive as there is no factory re-setup partition on this setup. Anyway again Many Thanks!!

Best Regards,

David

5. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Use the code tags:
    Code:
    Marker string from BIOS: 1A0E7:Dell Inc|1A0E7:Microsoft Corporation
    Alternatively, use the Unicode character U+A789:

Marker string from BIOS: 1A0E7꞉Dell Inc|1A0E7:Microsoft Corporation

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  7. eyespy

eyespy MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2015
    #47 eyespy, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    @ Commodore/urie :D,

Many thanks for the link to the OEM Files I have downloaded them. :idea: I think I will ditch the idea of trying to make a XP-Home oem installation CD from my current OEM files & CD Key as the current XP is a "System Builder" variant & I have a sneaky suspicion that my current CD-Key will cause problems during the install. I will need to shop around for a standard OEM CD-key & make the CD from a Generic GRTMHOEM_EN.iso CD, (https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/how-to-create-pro-oem-slp-cd.7580/ ) thus by-passing the problem hopefully albeit with a new CD-key. Oh, by the way just some feedback I tried the OEMBIOSTest boot disk etc & it basically crashed it simply locked up at the menu section & was left with a blinking cursor, had to use Ctrl + Alt + Delete to reboot.

Urie - Thank you very much for your guidance & help it is much appreciated!

Best Regards, :clap3:

David

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #48 urie, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  9. eyespy

eyespy MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2015
    #49 eyespy, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Hi Urie:D
    Horizons & options are widening with you Urie LOL!
    Well yes XP-Pro would be an upgrade & improvement, honestly however my thought process was that I was sold this Dell PC that came with "Suckee Cheapo" XP-Home with a System Builder setup & I thought it might be less of an infringement & that I would be less of a "Jolly Roger" :chris: if I tried to stay with the O.S that this Dell PC was shipped with? However your point is taken in respect of XP-Pro.
    I've downloaded the file as per your link above & was wondering how I would achieve your P.S. suggestion with a clean slate XP-OEM-or-Not(Home/Pro) alternative?

Is there a tutorial or help file to undertake this with either XP-Home/Pro alternatives in respect of the new OEM-BIOS Changer tools collection? Opps I think this is the link I need to read @ further length apologies https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/how-to-create-pro-oem-slp-cd.7580/

The magnet link is really a No-Go option for me as we have to be careful with downloading from torrent sites without a VPN, eyes everywhere & kinda risky. I also checked the alternative 2No links that were posted further down on that link but both options were dead links also. In the meantime I've grabbed a copy of three variants
    1.DELL_OEM_Windows_XP_SP3_Eng_Reinstall_CD
    2.Windows-xp-home-edition-sp3
    3.Dell-genuine-windows-xp-pro-sp3-oem-iso-download
    I can always dump them if no-good

Any further thoughts or considerations
    Many Thanx

David

10. eyespy

eyespy MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2015
    Hi Sajjo :D,

Many thanks for the new link above it will prove useful to others also who may drop in the future to upload the file as links tend to have a short expiry date:oops:

Many thanks

David

11. LenkaPolocka

LenkaPolocka MDL Novice

May 16, 2019
    Can You/Someone reupload this masterpiece app?

12. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    check some post above

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. rupsdb

rupsdb MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2011
    All links are dead. Can someone please repost them. I'm looking for these

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    links are ok
    just find the right mirror