Package & Telemetry Removal Guide v1.0

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dobbelina, Aug 13, 2016.

1. dobbelina

dobbelina MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Rudi1

Rudi1 MDL Member

May 30, 2007
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    I will wait to try it.

3. dobbelina

Apr 2, 2009
    Thanks KNARZ!

If we/you get that working, together with CBSEnum_x64.exe, it will be like a "Turn Windows features on or off" on steroids! :clap:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    How is all this going to effect Windows 10 functions such as remote access, will programs you download play well with this, do you know?, can we reach MDL in offline mode, jk:eek:

5. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
  6. dobbelina

Apr 2, 2009
    #47 dobbelina, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    (OP)
    Thanks KNARZ !!! :yeahyeah:

It works beatifully !!
    Tried to export a few packages and it executed fine.

Could we get an addition to the script with a dism import/add package routine maybe? :rolleyes:
    (From the previously exported CAB's)
    With that in place the "Turn Windows features on or off" on steroids would be a fact.

Thanks again for your hard work on this, really.

7. dobbelina

Apr 2, 2009
    #48 dobbelina, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    (OP)
    Ok, first thread has been updated with KNARZ beautiful Export packages script.
    I have added information in the zip how to re-install a previously deleted package.
    ****All credit to author KNARZ also Credits and best wishes to SuperBubble, Melinda / Aunty Mel****

Ehh Mod, couldn't we make this a sticky one?, with this latest update I think it deserves it :p

8. korbs

korbs MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2016
    'This web page at polariton.rghost.ru has been reported as a deceptive site and has been blocked based on your security preferences'

Any chance to reupload somewhere else?

9. dobbelina

Apr 2, 2009
    There is a google drive link also, use that one.
    (Use d/l arrow up in the right corner to get the whole zip file)

10. Mayjoko

Mayjoko MDL Junior Member

Oct 15, 2015
    #51 Mayjoko, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Thanks.

I read the script method might have issues on anniversary update on the github link.

I will stick to the app for now. :g:

11. burko

burko MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2012
    #52 burko, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Hi dobbelina,
    first to thank you for a nicely put guide. It looked a bit less intimidating and easier to follow than some others around. I just did the "systemappremove.ps1" part and was curious if the system would run OK afterwards, but it didn't. After the reboot it was sloooooow as
    molasses. Almost anything I clicked on would take 30-60 sec to open!? I poked around internet for a similarities, increased page file size to no avail, etc. Forgive me, the whole problem may not be related to this at all, I just thought to ask here : any suggestions in which direction should I look for a solution ?
    I upgraded to a build 1607 recently; I was running one of the non-activated preview builds with no problems whatsoever prior to this update.
    When I ran across your guide couldn't resist not to take a plunge and try to "kill" the spying element...and hope for the best!
    Didn't pan out.
    If I don't find how to get the responsiveness back to normal, I'll go back to 7 with Daz(thank you, Sir!), no biggie.
    Thanks D (and everyone else who bothers to read and respond!)

12. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    What issue?

13. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Great Knarz!

Would be nice to have a comma or dash separated input to say package 126,514,666 or packages 200-210 ;)

14. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    You can use the ImportList. That can have full names. like in the example. Copy the names without Numbers and name it ImportList.txt
    Numbers aren't reliable and can change. More than 1 input option in Batch would be a pain. ;)

15. dobbelina

Apr 2, 2009
    Hi burko!

You didn't forget to disable Windows update & System restore while using the tools did you ?
    Depending on what package/s you removed, do a re-boot or two as Windows will reconfigure
    itself when removing packages.
    Once that is done, speed should return to normal (Or faster :D )

16. dobbelina

Apr 2, 2009
    What's left of your system? :eek:

Hi hi Lol! :D

17. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Knarz's package is meant to grab packages not to remove them ;)

18. dobbelina

Apr 2, 2009
    I know, just kidding! :p

Thought maybe you were backing up before a "clean sweep a lá barebone" :D

19. burko

burko MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2012
    Hi dobb,

thank you for your time in dealing with this.
    No, i was careful to follow instructions to a "T". I think the problem stems from win10 not being activated. I was running one of those early adopter copies and just took for granted that it would be free forever for that reason. Not a case; lesson learned the hard way. I had to resort to my plan B [thank you Daz, thank you Sir :)!] and I am dloading win10 AT version as we speak. Hope it works, and if it does - back to your handy guide. We'll see what happens this time !
    Regards, Burko