Pin and password will not work at lock screen if time and date do not show

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Tazgrump2, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Tazgrump2

Tazgrump2 MDL Junior Member

Dec 7, 2013
    #21 Tazgrump2, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    (OP)
    You should read my MS Community Threads, so many people with the problem, and their comments. two threads: "Log in screen on Loop" and "After Anniversary Update, Win10 login/lock password prompt goes in endless loop". I want to be clear I did not start either of these threads, I only added to them. I got into with the moderator Venessa Yar who is supposed to be a software engineer. I cannot post links to that forum as I do not have enough posts to meet the MDL minimum. I do not much appreciate the comments from MDL Guru who definitely is an enthusiast, on the latest insider build, and probably uses a laptop, as his main machine. He does not understand repairs for main stream desktop machines or LapCrap. Don't get me wrong I have three Laps at the house a $4000.00 Falcon Northwest custom (Skylake) which is a Clevo, no login problems, and two Macbook pros one is my sons and one is my wife's. I just completed a complete reinstall (test drive first; of 1607, Clean Win 10 Home on a 7 series Intel) shipping drive platter, 1 TB WD, test drive Seagate 2 TB platter 1607 install clean with latest Cumulative, pin log-in flawless no loops. Final drive a OCZ Toshiba SSD also flawless.) You should look at the Road map of Cumulatives by going to settings then Updates and security, then look for more on the latest update, click on learn more. Each has a list of Bug fixes: here is the list for the 10/11 cumulative: I wonder if point 3 addresses our issues as it is a sign-in fix and my latest reinstall repair with test drive 1st, which WU is going directly to this update, is working flawlessly. Unfortunately fix is a complete reinstall. Not really acceptable as a repair on Business machine, but I bet Enterprise and Educational versions do not have this problem, as least I have not heard of report.
    October 11, 2016—KB3194798 (OS Build 14393.321) This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Improved reliability of Bluetooth and storage file system.
    • Addressed issue causing printer drivers to not install correctly after installing security update KB3170005 .
    • Addressed issue causing sign-in errors if a password is entered incorrectly or a new password doesn’t meet password complexity requirements after installing security update KB3167679.
    • Addressed issue that required users to log out and log back in before using the application they installed using the Windows installer (MSI).
    • Improved support for networks by adding new entries to the Access Point Name (APN) database.
    • Addressed issue that was causing excessive battery drain on Windows 10 Mobile when connected to Wi-Fi.
    • Addressed issue in which setting up both fingerprint and iris recognition sometimes causes the sign-in to fail on Windows 10 Mobile.
    • Addressed issue that was causing high CPU usage on Windows 10 Mobile.
    • Addressed additional issues with multimedia playback, revised daylight saving time, authentication, Internet Explorer 11, and Windows Shell.
    • Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Windows registry, and diagnostics hub.
    For more information about the complete list of affected files, see KB3194798.

BTW,
    Deleting or uninstalling a Cumulative will not get rid of that Cumulative's bugs. Each superseding Cumulative has all the previous cumulative's crap. Until a complete new build is released you will get it anyway when it re-installs with WU. Unless you have it turned off, or use the WUshowhide tool before it re-installs, or have the Enterprise or ED versions, but eventually they will take those away too. There is an article out there, just do a search; ("Cumulative Updates: Windows 10’s Worst Feature Arrives On Windows 7/8.1") which explains that the mandatory WU will be extended to 7 and 8.1 as well, soon, through WU. "Big Brother is watching you!!!!" Just wait till the WUshowhide tool is pulled...

2. dobbelina

dobbelina MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Today it was reported on the news that this is a wide spread problem with the anniversary update.
    At some computer repair shops they have received literally hundreds of machines.
    At 80 dollars a pop to fix it, that's good business.:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...