Possibility that Build 10120 will release/leak VERY SOON!

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Yaniv, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RamGuy

RamGuy MDL Member

Jun 27, 2009
    #61 RamGuy, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015

Come again? It all depends on the hardware and what you dedicate to the VM of course.. But running Intel VT-D/X hardware, and especially if you are able to get it running on Hyper-V on Windows Server for instance with RemoteFX acceleration for graphics it will most likely work better compared to running it natively because you bypass all the various buggy Windows 10 drivers and the plague they are causing at the moment.

I'm not very found of this early-summer release. The builds we have gotten thus far have been all-over-the-place and not a single one has felt as stable and polished as even the first public test build of Windows 7 and Windows 8 did back in time. Microsoft have yet to settle for the final UX, UI and icon pack yet and even things like Windows Store BETA is buggy as s**t making it very hard for developers to test their universal apps so it doesn't look like we will get than many ready for RTM if the release is just around the corner...

The fact that they decide to skip essential functionality like extensions in Spartan / Edge for the release / RTM and would rather patch it in later really makes me nervous. Why can't they just take their time and make sure everything is snug? Skipping extensions in Edge will certainly kill any hopes for high adoption rates with RTM...... They seem to make some really horrible decisions as of late. Just wait until autumn, how hard can it be?

2. tor2k

tor2k MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2015
    good news ;)

3. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Depends on how the build is gonna work out for us ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    #64 Chibi ANUBIS, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
  6. timster

timster MDL Senior Member

Aug 23, 2009
    #66 timster, May 15, 2015
  7. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    #67 Chibi ANUBIS, May 15, 2015
  8. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    out of any build the only issue i had so far was a amd driver bug that was fixed and why because i used my full system and not some weak ass vm i would rather see the real bugs not fix some fake simulated pc so don't be scared of your pc it doesn't bite well for you it would bite

9. bdl

bdl MDL Addicted

Aug 8, 2012
    i wait RTM because this builds not have new language pack only 21 o_O

10. RamGuy

RamGuy MDL Member

Jun 27, 2009

It sounds to me like you have no clue about virtualization and it's capabilities. And that's fine and all, but you shouldn't be spreading misinformation on the forums based on technologies you have yet to have much experience with.

Loads of production servers and whatnot around the globe is running in virtual machines, and they are performing excellent and have some of the best uptimes of any solutions available. You make it sound like VM's are inherently bad which quite frankly is false. It's not like a VM is necessary any weaker or slower compared to a native machine, not at all.

11. FreelanceX

FreelanceX MDL Junior Member

Dec 6, 2012
    The whole of Azure is Virtualised.... I think that says something for capabilities, reliability and performance.

12. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    In the U.S. these days, it's no longer "he/she", it's now "he/she/it"...:eek:

13. nosense

nosense MDL Senior Member

Sep 9, 2013

We're talking about a beta OS. There is no official support from the what ever hyper visor people are using until windows 10 is out.

14. WardocsRevenge

Jan 13, 2012
    at least someone get's it

15. FreelanceX

Dec 6, 2012
    May be no official support, but it runs really well in Hyper-V. Got a Server 2016 on the go with Hyper-V and it works straight out of the box, really really well.

I see where your coming from, with a beta OS POV though.

16. WardocsRevenge

Jan 13, 2012
    not well enough it's hard to give any real feedback from a vm

17. FreelanceX

Dec 6, 2012
    #77 FreelanceX, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    I cant entirely agree with that. I am running Win 10 on bare metal (what I am posting from) and I agree, its the best way to provide feedback. But there is plenty of ways running it in a VM would provide darn useful feedback.

As soon as they are both released, I will be pushing Virtual 2016 DCs/Servers and W10 vms out to production environments. So running inside a VM (which most servers are now, as are test client installs) is a very valid way of doing it.

18. RobrPatty

RobrPatty MDL Expert

Jul 23, 2009
    Son-in-law does same thing works with virtualization scenarios in large corporations. Now a days like you said in most production envirments thats how servers and clients are installed now.

19. nosense

nosense MDL Senior Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Lmao, lets not turn this thread into VM discussion.

Yes, in a production environment, vsphere\citrix is the future. But it has nothing to do about the OP discussion or running windows 10 BETA on a type 2 base hyper visor.

20. FreelanceX

Dec 6, 2012
    Cant disagree there. I just love me some Hyper-V.