Problems getting Microsoft Visual C++ to update

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Moondogy, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    The process described above takes several minutes. I think that with all the nuances in 30 minutes to resolve the issue. Within the framework of the forum, each stage is stretched, because entry level user.

I'm not familiar with "Simplix Pack" so I can't give details on how to use it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Moondogy

Moondogy MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2016
    That's what I was hoping a normal simplix pack run would have done and checked for when I tried to update last week. Then I tried googling a proper solution and only gave me like a couple of people with the same problem with no answers, they mentioned the same concrt140.dll and everything so I have to wonder why this isn't brought up much.

Plus I'm busy most of the day and can't do much or report back in time until I'm free so it's taking me longer to do stuff. Also back to the subject:

I renamed all the dll's in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder and I'm still getting the need to verify the .dll's errors so I'm guessing there must be more in the Windows folder?

3. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    I can not understand the essence of the issue/question.

Renamed the files -> Checked with the dir command or in another way the absence of old file names -> Rebooted the PC -> Launched the utility to increase access rights -> Installed the libraries -> Checked for errors and the presence of new files with old names -> Rebooted the PC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Moondogy

Moondogy MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2016
    I meant that I renamed all the concrt, atl, and mfc dll's that were also found in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder to .old. That's what you wanted me to do right? This is what I did today

1. I ran cmd.exe through Advance Run
    2. I used this command Rename C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ to rename the concrt, atl, and mfc dll's that were also found in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder to .dll.old
    3. Both System32 and SysWOW64 folders now have all their atl100.dll, atl110.dll, mfc110.dll, mfc120.dll, concrt140.dll, and mfc140.dll's renamed to .dll.old
    4. I even checked both folders to make sure the changes were made
    5. Restarted my laptop
    6. I got an error about one of the dll's not being found for a program that was trying to use it, which was to be expected
    7. I ran the AIO_x86_x64 repack through Advance Run
    8. I still get the same same errors about needing to verify the use of those .dll's as seen in my post
    If I'm forgetting something or missed something let me know. The only thing I haven't mentioned yet was which versions of Microsoft Visual is giving me those errors.

5. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    (Yesterday at 09:54)
    My brain boils with Microsoft's logic to work around their bugs.

The rights for these files have the "System" user, not TrustedInstaller. Don't forget to select the correct user in Advance Run.

Another method, not entirely correct.
    Open the package from abbodi1406 in an archiver (7-Zip, WinRar). Find the necessary files in the folders and copy them according to the bit depth to the system folders.

6. Moondogy

Moondogy MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2016
    Oh yeah I had been using the TrustedInstaller option this whole time. I switched to System and still nothing. It continues to ask the same thing about needing to verify.

Would that really work? It sounds like there would be more to it than that. Either way I'm close to calling it quits on this one, they really made this annoying. I did learn a lot so it wasn't entirely pointless.

7. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    That's pretty much all I could come up with. The rest is similar to this or will take time with an unknown result.

Leaving new versions of the libraries may be better than nothing. Although this will not register information in the registry. For many programs, it is enough to copy the libraries to the folder with the executable file, and at the second stage, the presence of files in the system folder is checked.

8. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    You can use the MSI installer creator to understand the code, view logs, etc. But all this is laborious.

9. Moondogy

Moondogy MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2016
    Yeah thanks for everything, didn't mean to take up anyone's time. If I ever do figure this one out I'll be sure to mention it in this thread. I renamed all the .old dll's back into normal .dll's. The TrustedInstaller option seems to have been the better option for renaming the dll's as I would get excise denied with the System option in Advance Run running cmd.exe.