[REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Yen, Aug 4, 2015.

1. kyrcy

kyrcy MDL Member

Feb 25, 2020
    #2121 kyrcy, Jan 28, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
    Examples of such executables are:

C:\windows\system32\taskhostw.exe
    C:\windows\system32\smartscreen.exe
    C:\windows\system32\sihclient.exe
    C:\windows\system32\mousocoreworker.exe
    C:\windows\system32\compattelrunner.exe
    C:\windows\immersivecontrolpanel\systemsettings.exe

How can you tell what needs internet and what not?

2. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009

I block all Microsoft executables

Block.png

3. haris_mdlf69

haris_mdlf69 MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Updated the unattend.xml, hopefully my last update to this:).
    Check signature for more info.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
    #2124 vladnil, Feb 6, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2024
    Installing the Waterfox browser
    and when running it requires a connection to 54.148.110.228 (ec2-54-148-110-228.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com)
    Question:
    Why should I connect through the host and route all traffic through it?
    How can I configure the connection so that it comes from me, and not from third-party resources that will sell my traffic with my data?
    And this applies to absolutely all browsers; they connect only through their hub!

ps:
    Are you struggling with Windows telemetry?
    At that time the browser is a secondary OS system within the system
    which leaks your data!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Might be DNS over HTTPS setting, which Waterfox includes from Firefox code. Ensure it's off.

waterfox_dns_over_https.png

6. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
    #2126 vladnil, Feb 7, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
    2024-02-07_134028.jpg

Set DNS over Https to OFF
    When running Waterfox, it requires connection 172.64.42.2 on Cloudflare, Inc.
    We block the connection and the Waterfox browser is completely inoperable!
    The question remains open
    Why should all people go through their hubs forcibly?
    The only browser that does not make any connections to the hub was the old version of the Indian EPIC browser; in new versions, all connections go through the hub.
    That confidentiality and anonymity are becoming meaningless

ps:
    Is there a Waterfox browser or any other browser?
    They force you to connect only through their connections
    Why doesn't anyone think about this
    People are led astray by Windows telemetry or other trifles
    at that time they leak their data through the browser in mega terabytes

Waterfox who are its partners?
    Partners are a whole team of developers provided by System1.
    People are told
    The Waterfox project does not support the Encrypted Media Extensions (DRM for the Web) API, does not have advertising recommendations on the start page, and does not use telemetry.
    People, think about it, why do they need to use advertising if all connections and all traffic goes through them and they sell your traffic to other partners of which there are about 1000, and their business is built on this!
    Simple deception of people.

Simple example:
    You run a wire to a doorbell and when you press the bell, a ringing sound is heard in your apartment.
    But what happens in life?
    Your doorbell rings and the bell rings not only for you, but for all your partners, and everyone knows that they have come to visit you.
    All the lies are in plain sight and there is no need to search deeply for them using a disassembler to open the dll and look for malicious signatures.

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Note the Windows 10/11 OS has the "DNS over HTTPS" setting, too. AFAIK it's enabled by default.

Setting it off in Waterfox just means "use DNS resolver set in the OS". Disable it in the OS Network settings.

8. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
    #2128 vladnil, Feb 7, 2024
    When running Waterfox, it requires a connection to 172.64.42.2 on Cloudflare. If you blocked it with a firewall, then the browser is dead! And your system settings don't matter
    how to make a connection from point A to point B without an intermediary in the middle?

I'll explain it simply. If your connection point A goes to point B with a clear address, then if another address passes through, the browser will ask for permission. Example: Your address is 23.23.23.23 and you are connected to a site with the address 24.24.24.24, if during the session another address 21.21.21.21 appears, the browser will ask for permission. This is how it should be on the Internet. But browser manufacturers have come up with the idea for all of you that you must connect to the Internet only through their hub 172.64.42.2 on Cloudflare or another address. At the same time, they fully know what is on your computer and what you write.

The saddest thing is that you won’t even connect to yourself on 192.168.1.1 if you blocked the hub 172.64.42.2 on Cloudflare? What should I call it?

9. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
    #2129 vladnil, Feb 7, 2024
    2024-02-07_221757.jpg

We found a browser that connects the Internet to your computer + website without an intermediary in the middle, this is Flock version flock-1-2-6-flock-1.2.6.en-US.win32
    True, the browser’s operation with constant requests for certificates, etc. is a nightmare

10. sxhilkxdxm

sxhilkxdxm MDL Member

Mar 7, 2020
    Hi all, have to setup a brand new laptop with fresh Windows install.
    Please help with post install best practices

What I follow:
    1. Change "Privacy" settings in Settings app
    2. Change GPO policy "Allow Telemetry" to "0-Security"

Please help with your inputs, not big fan of debloating system running hacks/ mods
    Just minimal configuration, that is enough to optimize the system as is

11. NewbWin

NewbWin MDL Junior Member

Oct 21, 2023
    Any suggestion on light weight freeware Internet Security (Antivirus and Firewall) as Window Defender is disable ? Still using a mechanical 7200rpm hard disk , which may get slow down.

12. xrononautis

xrononautis MDL Senior Member

Mar 30, 2021
    Clamwin is a very light weight with no live scanner. What ever you want to scan you scan manually. It is FOSS and installs fine in anything from Win95 to Win11. For firewall I use Binisoft Windows Firewall control version 4.8.5.0 It has a full manual mode were you can decide what to block and what to allow. Be aware that newer versions white list certain things by default and you cannot really block them if you feel like you want to.

13. NewbWin

NewbWin MDL Junior Member

Oct 21, 2023
    If it's for beginner which Antivirus or Firewall is suitable ?
    What do you think about Comodo Internet security suite available with live scan and background real-time protection.I do not have kaspersky free version for my region.
    Which antivirus real-time protection which is freeware ?

14. xrononautis

xrononautis MDL Senior Member

Mar 30, 2021
    You asked about a light weight solution and I gave you one. Comodo Internet security is not a light weight solution. Same applies to everything that has live scanner. I get the feeling that you are trying to make omelet without breaking eggs here. :)
    Assuming that you are on windows 10 you have already antivirus with live scanner and windows firewall (wf.msc) on by default so there is no need to install more antivirus products to scan each other.

I am stopping this here because we are off topic.

15. joker72

joker72 MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2015
    please enable windows search??
    windows 11 Enterprise scripts
    sorry for my bad englisho_Oo_O

16. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
  17. joker72

joker72 MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2015
  18. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    there are some good 3rd party search tools you can use
    personally i hardly use search. i don't need it.
    but i have one just in case which i rarely use

19. redsunset

redsunset MDL Member

Mar 16, 2022
    I'd also like to know which lines would need changing or remoing to have a working search function. It's not about the searching for files for me, it's manly for thing like regedit, group policy and the other windows tools. Typing reg, gp, mgm and jumping to these tools with a click is much faster than say using start+R and typing gpedit.msc for example.

20. joker72

joker72 MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2015
    #2140 joker72, Mar 3, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2024