Reset windows services to default

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by daz2712, Mar 18, 2019.

1. daz2712

daz2712 MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2009
    Basically a lot of services are greyed out on my machine and I can't use a Blackviper list to reset them to their correct values.
    Is there any software or does anyone have a batch file that I can use to reset windows 10 services to their default setting please?

Thanks if anyone can help.

2. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    They're greyed out because something has disabled them in the registry. What did you do? And where did you get the ISO?

3. kandido

kandido MDL Junior Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    It's true, Your registry is damaged or there is something at all missing.
    If You have any correct default registry backup for this version, it may help, but usually is needed new clean install. None of these tweaking tools will not restore registry.
    If something is grayed out or missing at all, means registry changes or missing registry entries.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    #6 Krager, Mar 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    That's one thing that really annoyed me in going from win7 to win10, a good number of services are not fully accessible from the services.msc plugin. In those cases you have to actually modify things from the registry sometimes with ACL changes on associated keys. Once again MS asserting what I can and can't do to my system. The reason privileges even exist above admin on the system is a bit perplexing to me. In Unix root is root.

In any case there's been a few times over the years I wish I could have reset my services to default after experimenting with things. I've since learned to keep reg backups when monkeying with that stuff. It's either that or reset/reload Windows.