Sledgehammer - Windows 10 Update Control

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by pf100, Nov 28, 2016.

1. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    deplorable post, imho, @awuctl. m$ sets great store by keeping our systems up to date, but i will tell you a lill secret, all those updates are bs!. when m$ started to aggressively promote
    the `free update` to ten, way back in 2015, i turned updates off like a shot. unfortunately , i was already too late for the `free`update of telemetry, that they had slipped in. [without asking, btw.] and breaking my system? nonsense! to this day updates are blocked on my machine, and i have encountered no problems whatsoever. and i have washed my hands of that idiotic bypass elegibility invention by m$.too if i did not know any better, i would suspect that your post was written by a m$-employee.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skunk1966

Skunk1966 MDL Junior Member

Jul 15, 2011
    hell no this is interesting stuff

3. awuctl

awuctl MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2020
    You are no better than a conspiracy theorist.
    You have proven nothing with your post and your baseless opinions mean nothing if you do not even make an attempt to justify any of them. If you took the time to read what I wrote you would know why I'm asking those questions and that your inanity doesn't help me or anyone else.
    You're not an authority on anything if all you have is unsubstantiated opinions.

Same goes for you I guess..

4. Hal2000

Hal2000 MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2014
    Please stop feeding the TROLL.

5. freevista

freevista MDL Member

Jan 14, 2009
    FYI: kb4565483 (2020-07) updated WaaSMedicAgent.exe, WaaSMedicCapsule.dll, WaaSMedicPS.dll and WaaSMedicSvc.dll.

6. awuctl

awuctl MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2020
    Honestly, I feel like you are the trolls. I'm only asking you to give your arguments for using this tool (over its >officially supported< alternatives) and you're either pretending you don't hear that or actually have no arguments.
    I got a good and insightful explanation on the project's history from @pf100 on Discord and I plan on testing some things myself (mainly for any permanent damage and if it actually works as good as it is advertised compared to Microsoft's tool, expect an update someday :p ).
    The only thing I argued about is that I don't need your anti-Microsoft propaganda or "all updates are bad" bulls**t when you have absolutely nothing to back it up.

If I'm to be labeled a troll for trying to be reasonable then so be it. That's your opinion that I (as mentioned before) don't really care about :p

7. Hal2000

Hal2000 MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2014
    Pf100 I Just want to thank you for the amazing work you continue to do on Sledgehammer. All my family use it including my 11 and 7 year old grandchildren on their laptops, in all 8 Operating Systems. I cannot thank you enough for helping us all to control what and when we update. Hope you are keeping well during these strange times. Best wishes Hal

8. wallofasgard

wallofasgard MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    #1608 wallofasgard, Aug 7, 2020 at 03:01
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020 at 03:37
    Works fine in my system for years.Ive been updating only my Office 2016 and 2019 not Windows 10 these past months unless the changelog is necessary for my task and not for someoneelse's.I also used a different tool before but an unwanted update was performed so i decided to use this instead.Dont want these untested Windows update to brick my currently working well PCs.Also,good thing about the WUMT in your tool is that i can select updates that i want instead of default way when MS shoving down everything on the list automatically.Thank you very much.

Edit : Not meaning to offend anyone but i personally think that this app did well for me compare to what those highly paid experts of M$ done to Windows Update (from UI to Deployment).

9. jinbill

jinbill MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2018
    #1609 jinbill, Aug 8, 2020 at 14:02
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020 at 15:12
    hi! I noticed the script makes Windows Security unmanageable, if I click on the Windows Security shield/icon in the task bar it doesn't open the program even if I disable/uninstall the script.

Can some kind person share a link if this problem has already been explained?
    or
    Is there any solution to be able to open and manage Windows Security with updates disabled?

10. pf100

pf100 MDL Expert

Oct 22, 2010
    I haven't had a problem nor have I had any reports of a problem with the script interfering in any way with windows security system so with the information you gave me I can't help you. Let us know what you find.